Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

DragonDaddyBear
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Change Username

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:30 pm

The tag harkens back to the days when I was a ganing and it was not as popular as it is today. I'm not really a fan of my kids growing up and seeing their daddy as a "loser," though. Is there a way to change a username?

Jigar
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Change Username

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:04 am

Drop a request mail to admin with your details, that should work.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 am

Losergamer04 wrote:
The tag harkens back to the days when I was a ganing and it was not as popular as it is today. I'm not really a fan of my kids growing up and seeing their daddy as a "loser," though. Is there a way to change a username?

PM just brew it! and he can take care of things.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

morphine
TR Staff

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 am

Sooo, are you no longer a loser, no longer a gamer, or both?
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

DragonDaddyBear
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:48 am

Well, I remember being made of as a kid because I called myself a "gamer." My self-esteem wasn't the greatest so it inspired the name and it stuck for many years, mostly due to apathy. Now gaming is mainstream and everyone has a console and/or a gaming PC. I wouldn't go so far to call myself a winner but if I'm a loser then the most of the developed of the world is with me ;) Gaming is something I sadly do very little of. I plan on doing more when the littlest gets past the toddler stage. Right now she just runs up and pushes buttons in the entertainment center (powering stuff off) or climbs the stairs and scares the bageezers out of me trying to get down on her own.

morphine
TR Staff

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:21 am

I was joking, but hey, it's an interesting story :)
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:33 am

If you look around on here I think there are a couple of threads focused on good games for very young children (the various Lego ones got a lot of ups, as I recall). Sadly the threads may be a bit out of date, though you could of course find an old console and the old games very cheap. Fun is fun; it doesn't matter to little kids whether you've got the latest eye candy.

Heiwashin
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:59 am

I will own the hell out of some math blasters.
Looking for Knowledge wrote:
When drunk.....
I want to have sex, but find I am more likely to be shot down than when I am sober.

Chuckaluphagus
Gerbil Elite

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:51 am

UberGerbil wrote:
If you look around on here I think there are a couple of threads focused on good games for very young children (the various Lego ones got a lot of ups, as I recall). Sadly the threads may be a bit out of date, though you could of course find an old console and the old games very cheap. Fun is fun; it doesn't matter to little kids whether you've got the latest eye candy.

I'd be interested in taking part in a revival of those threads - I'm very keen on gaming with my son, we started with Rock Band 2 when he was three years old. He's five now, and I've taken a very conservative, hands-on approach to introducing new games. We probably play about an hour a week at most right now, and it's great to be able to share with him.

DragonDaddyBear
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:01 pm

I did one recently and registered good advice. I will tell you that geometry wars 3 is awesome fit 4 players.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:57 pm

How about WinnerGamer?
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

DragonDaddyBear
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Mr Bill wrote:
How about WinnerGamer?
Sadly I'm not the gamer I once was. Maybe NeutralGamer? ;)

DragonDaddyBear
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Losergamer04 wrote:
I did one recently and received good advice. I will tell you that geometry wars 3 is awesome fit 4 players.

G8torbyte
Gerbil Team Leader

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Chuckaluphagus wrote:
UberGerbil wrote:

I'd be interested in taking part in a revival of those threads - I'm very keen on gaming with my son, we started with Rock Band 2 when he was three years old. He's five now, and I've taken a very conservative, hands-on approach to introducing new games. We probably play about an hour a week at most right now, and it's great to be able to share with him.

My kids range from pre-teen to preschool and they really enjoy gaming with me on PCs like a mini LAN party. Some co-ops that we enjoy are the Trine series, Portal-2, WakFu, to name a few. For shooters we'll play co-op on Battlefield-2 and the Star Wars Battlefront games (new and old) since the cussing is not included in dialogues in these versions. My youngest is not old enough yet to coordinate with us in co-op so he's busy enjoying the lego digital games.
Later, -G8tor
Building PCs & gaming since"Chuck Yeager's Air Combat" 1991, Lurkin' around TR since 2004.
Current setups: Z390 Platform and DIY mini-ITX NAS Build

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:29 pm

UberGerbil wrote:
Fun is fun

An age-old saying and it's definitely true. My daughter's favorite games are Minecraft on the Wii U and Roblox on the PC. Not games you're going to be cranking up the detail to enjoy.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen