Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Captain Ned, emkubed

Ivko
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

I hate xmas shopping!

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:37 pm

I hate xmas shopping! I am kidding I love christmas and presents, but I am under stress when I have to buy presents because I am always worried I forgot someone. What are your experiences? Also, what are your suggestions for a 9yo boy xmas present?

MJZ82
Gerbil

Re: I hate xmas shopping!

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:34 pm

I do hate xmas shopping. It's stressful to try to think of things to buy people, and if there's something I really wanted to gift someone, I probably would have done it already. The pressure to buy things is stupid and vapid. Also, I don't want more things. Lights are cool, the music is annoying as all hell (like being sung lullabies as an adult), and there's nothing much I enjoy about xmas that isn't already part of Thanksgiving. So thank you Jesus, Coca-cola, Amanita Muscaria, and Hallmark. After tomorrow I'm pretty much just hanging on for dear life until New Years.

Ivko
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:15 am

It is a miracle! I am off the hook this year because the entire family decided to get one huge present! They are planning to buy one special foosball table ( can't remember the model) because my father has a man cave and he wants to fill it with every manly man thing in the universe. But, since we are all buying a foosball table, we will all get to play it, the only thing he had to agree with is to let us in the man cave for a match or two. I am still shocked how easily we agreed on this.

PerfectCr
Gold subscriber
Darth Gerbil

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Gift cards are your friend. :D
Ryzen 5 1500X | MSI B350M MORTAR | MSI Radeon RX 570 GAMING X | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define Mini C | Dell SE2717HX | Xbox One X