Currently in the middle prep stages of the Thanksgiving meal. All groceries purchased, and this is what I've got done already or in the works:
- Turkey - dry-brined, with chopped fresh rosemary and freshly-cracked pepper added to the brine rubbed inside the cavity. Trussed and sitting in the fridge, will add some more rosemary and pepper to the outside tomorrow.
- Gravy - Debating between making tonight or tomorrow, using the neck, organs and mire poix.
- Cranberry sauce - just whole cranberries, zest and juice from four mandarin oranges, sugar and water. Cooked yesterday and chilling in container in the fridge.
- Pumpkin pie - crust dough was made over the weekend, pumpkin roasted last week, froze it for storage and thawing now. Will make tomorrow, pumpkin pie is dead simple.
- Bourbon pecan pie - I make a brown sugar custard-based pecan pie instead of a syrup-based one; I like it a lot better. And I throw in 45 ml of bourbon because it makes it taste awesome. Crust dough was made yesterday, will throw together and bake tomorrow.
- Scalloped potatoes - making tomorrow.
- Mashed potatoes - making tomorrow.
- Rolls - Pillsbury crescent rolls, which I don't care for but my wife loves.
Anyone else working in the kitchen?