Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Captain Ned, emkubed

Darkmage
Gold subscriber
Lord High Gerbil
Topic Author

Looking for a Marvel Civil War parody

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:32 pm

A long time ago, I stumbled across someone who was having an online argument discussion about the Marvel Civil War graphic novel. He loved the art, but he thought the dialogue was a bit too laborious. He then proceeded to replace all of the dialogue in every panel of the graphic novel and made it about 100% better.

Some plot points that I remember:
  • The Punisher alternated between swearing up a storm and providing a constant narration of his war journal. Out loud.
  • Sue Storm and Namor had a torrid love affair.
  • Hercules had a particularly... Greek way of dealing with cyborg-Thor.
  • Peter Parker was a communist.
  • Reed Richards kept insisting that everyone had to sign the registration act due to math that was too complicated for anyone else to understand.
  • The villains in the very first scene (the reality show episode gone awry) were attacked because they didn't properly separate their recyclables.

I want to find this comic again. Alas, with the movie release of Civil War, Google has been flooded with more discussion of the movie and the original comics. Does anyone else here remember this series? Failing that, does anyone know an obsessive comics discussion forum where I can post this question?
If there is one thing a remote-controlled, silent and unseeable surveillance/killing machine needs, it’s more whimsy. -- Marcus

Glorious
Gold subscriber
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: Looking for a Marvel Civil War parody

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:14 pm

derFunkenstein
Gold subscriber
Gerbil God

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:44 pm

that thing is friggen fantastic.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

Darkmage
Gold subscriber
Lord High Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:44 am

Glorious wrote:
http://mightygodking.com/i-dont-need-your-civil-war/

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.
If there is one thing a remote-controlled, silent and unseeable surveillance/killing machine needs, it’s more whimsy. -- Marcus