Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Re: What cricket products are you eating?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Chuckaluphagus wrote:
Catfish has a reputation for unpleasant "muddy" flavors, but I don't know that I've had bad catfish in decades. Maybe it was an issue that's been solved?

As for crayfish, the fewer people eating them, the more for me. In all seriousness, crayfish is delicious, superior to either crab or lobster. If only there was more than a small nugget of meat per animal ...

It's definitely still an issue depending on where you get it from. Thing is, most catfish people eat from restaurants or groceries is farmed and generally grown in a pretty controlled environment to avoid that.

We (my family) used to go catfish fishing multiple times a year when I was younger and I've definitely had some..."muddy" catfish.
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: What cricket products are you eating?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Chuckaluphagus wrote:
Catfish has a reputation for unpleasant "muddy" flavors, but I don't know that I've had bad catfish in decades. Maybe it was an issue that's been solved?

The farm-raised stuff is OK. Still not my favorite fish. But a lot of people (my wife included) really like it.

OTOH, I do like oysters (though I prefer mine cooked, not raw). And if there's any food whose flavor says "ocean bottom", it is probably oysters.

Chuckaluphagus wrote:
As for crayfish, the fewer people eating them, the more for me. In all seriousness, crayfish is delicious, superior to either crab or lobster. If only there was more than a small nugget of meat per animal ...

Yeah, I agree they are tasty, but the effort-to-reward ratio is not very good!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.