Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Heiwashin
Maximum Gerbil

Re: End of an Era - Toys R Us

Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:55 am

liquidsquid wrote:
People are going to sorely miss brick and mortar when they are gone. No customer service, no ability to get a real look and feel for quality, no instant return and swap for a fault product. Never mind that when the only means to get an item is to have it shipped, eventually UPS and others will catch on that they can charge any price and you will HAVE to pay if you want it.

Toy makers as going to get a swift kick in the butt when the market if flooded with the inventory.

I won't miss current brick and mortar stores because they usually sell lower quality junk. On Amazon I can find things that hold up much better, even things as simple as cables. I will be happy to see the **** sellers go.
Looking for Knowledge wrote:
When drunk.....
I want to have sex, but find I am more likely to be shot down than when I am sober.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Re: End of an Era - Toys R Us

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:00 am

Heiwashin wrote:
liquidsquid wrote:
People are going to sorely miss brick and mortar when they are gone. No customer service, no ability to get a real look and feel for quality, no instant return and swap for a fault product. Never mind that when the only means to get an item is to have it shipped, eventually UPS and others will catch on that they can charge any price and you will HAVE to pay if you want it.

Toy makers as going to get a swift kick in the butt when the market if flooded with the inventory.

I won't miss current brick and mortar stores because they usually sell lower quality junk. On Amazon I can find things that hold up much better, even things as simple as cables. I will be happy to see the **** sellers go.

I won't either, because especially in the case of my local TRU, their "customer service" redefined atrocious. I assume TRU treats their employees like dirt, because they certainly act like they're being treated like dirt.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!