Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

DragonDaddyBear
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Re: Midwest blizzard

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Apparently mother nature wants to remind the entire country that we are called "The Great White North" for good reason. Another round of snow tomorrow! Uhhg. Then, a week later, it's sunny and 70. I swear, living up here is like being married to a pregnant woman: constant emotional whiplash.

SecretMaster
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:31 am

DragonDaddyBear wrote:
Apparently mother nature wants to remind the entire country that we are called "The Great White North" for good reason. Another round of snow tomorrow! Uhhg. Then, a week later, it's sunny and 70. I swear, living up here is like being married to a pregnant woman: constant emotional whiplash.

Haha I checked the radar and forecast for today. Another 3-5 inches expected with this next band of precip. For me I'm at the inflection point where I'm no longer emotionally defeated by winter weather, but really just want to see how far into Spring we can go. At this point I just want to watch the world burn, or more aptly, freeze in a blanket of never-ending blizzards.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:37 am

SecretMaster wrote:
Haha I checked the radar and forecast for today. Another 3-5 inches expected with this next band of precip. For me I'm at the inflection point where I'm no longer emotionally defeated by winter weather, but really just want to see how far into Spring we can go. At this point I just want to watch the world burn, or more aptly, freeze in a blanket of never-ending blizzards.

Tug Hill?
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

SecretMaster
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 am

Captain Ned wrote:
SecretMaster wrote:

Tug Hill?

Huh, I always thought Syracuse was a snowier region given the frequency of them winning the Golden Snow Globe (http://goldensnowglobe.com/). I guess the distinction is that there aren't really any cities in the Tug Hill region. Makes sense. For all my hyperbole about snow out here, having lived in Syracuse for 5 years and WI for 4, I'll take CNY winters any day. Snowfall totals in WI are tame in comparison, but winters and springs are probably 10-15 degrees (F) cooler and exacerbated by constant winds. That's what got old quick. If I was in Minnesota I probably would have left this region by now. Madison is about as far inwards and north in the U.S. I'll settle for.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 am

I just pulled up the Northeast Radar Loop (http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php) after your prior post and the only place in NY with any activity at all was the Tug Hill plateau. Ask any Army/National Guard grunt about winter training at Fort Drum.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.