Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Captain Ned, emkubed

drfish
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Elder
Topic Author

TR BBQ XVI - Official Thread

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 am

Let's get this out of the way first, at this point in time, every TR BBQ could be the last one I host on Lake Michigan. Beyond that, I can't speak for alternative plans, so every TR BBQ could be the last one, period. I just don't know. So, make sure you attend this year if coming to a TR BBQ is on your bucket list, because I can only promise the event will continue one year at a time.

I don't know about you, but last year's TR BBQ seems like an eternity ago. I guess that's the product of watching a slightly over one-year old turn into an almost two-year old during that time, heh. Anyway, the first order of business is to pick a date. I believe it was generally accepted that last year's BBQ was a bit too early in the summer. What do you guys want to see for this year?

BTW, winter isn't over yet, but the coast is already getting madeover by the various forces of nature. My parents hit up the cottage over the weekend and shared that there's actually a decent amount of beach at this point. Hopefully, we can take down the velociraptor signs this year. :)
TR BBQ XV is over.

DragonDaddyBear
Gerbil Elite

Re: TR BBQ XVI - Official Thread

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 am

Thanks for offering up the cottage again and all the years prior. As a parent I can say the days are long and the years are short. It does feel like forever because the wee ones change so darn fast.

I, and probably the rest of the family, are planning on going. They are looking really forward to it. The only date that I know of that won't work us is the weekend of August 17th.

idchafee
Gold subscriber
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:38 pm

Not the weekend of July 20. I'll be in Cooperstown, NY watching Lee Arthur Smith, Sr getting inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Dposcorp
Silver subscriber
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Not going unless Seth Colaner is there :)