Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

joselillo_25
Gerbil
Topic Author

A trick for your tired eyes

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:01 pm

Probably a lot of you have eye problems. I am nearly 8 hours or more in front of my computer or my phone and this create problems in our eyes.

The more common problem usually is a lack of focus, a permanent damage in the motor muscles of our eyes that makes focus really slow in real life situations. The problem never goes away because we always need to return to our computer screens every day.

Some of us have this problem... but only in the last 8 years or so... when high refresh lcd monitors and phones appear in the market. Prior to that we used CRT screens and the eyes becomes red but do not have problems focusing. Yes, remember this days... is not because you are old now, is because you used CRT screens, instead LCD.

well the trick to solve this problems is just this... return to use CRT again. A simple as that.

The high refresh lcd makes a constant light and a no flickering, the computer is like a illuminated paper, so your eye becomes adapted to focus a source that never moves.
and emits it own light. when you return to normal life, you need the eye to focus but instead to use the motor muscles you need to use the peripheral muscles of the eye, because this adaptation has makes your eyes became always focusing a still source. this muscles literally cannot move until you makes them work, using some of the apps you can find in your phone store, or, more easy, return to use a CRT.

If you do not believe me or do not have a CRT just reduce the LCD to 25hz progressive, you will start to see good effects in your eyes from the first day.

Pagey
Gerbil Jedi

Re: A trick for your tired eyes

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:09 pm

We're going all CRT at my house, starting tonight.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Man, I'm gonna have trouble finding a 65" freesync 16:9 CRT, and I'm not sure I own any furniture strong enough to handle the weight of one.

It may save my eyes from fatigue but it'll definitely break my back if I ever have to move it.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

Redocbew
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Krogoth: The problem of eye strain is caused by persistent focus prolonged over an extended period of time, and is not a factor specific to LCD or CRT monitors. I make this claim, because I make it. I am simultaneously unimpressed with your limited analysis.

Srsly_bro: Or, just get off your ass every now and then.

Chuckula: YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET!

/thread

Now where did those damned reading glasses go this time.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:15 pm

LCDs don't flicker just because you reduce the refresh rate. They just refresh the image less frequently.

I call BS.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Redocbew

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:35 pm

Agreed. I do have some nostalgia for CRTs, but it's the kind of nostalgia you might have about the way you used to do things years ago when you didn't know any better, or didn't have the means to do things any other way. If someone found a way to test this I wouldn't expect to see a huge difference.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.

morphine
TR Staff

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:49 pm

No offense, OP, but almost nothing you said actually makes any sense. CRTs will just make a bad situation worse because then you have to try and focus on blurry pixels and end up tiring your eyes even further.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:50 pm

CRTs have one advantage over LCDs: Lower latency. Since they do not buffer the frame internally or do any processing on the image, what you see on the screen are the pixels the GPU is pushing out over the cable, in near-real-time.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other area where CRTs are generally better than a decent LCD. And higher refresh rates are making the latency issue irrelevant too.

joselillo_25
Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:56 pm

just brew it! wrote:
LCDs don't flicker just because you reduce the refresh rate. They just refresh the image less frequently.

I call BS.

You are not right sorry, reducing the brightness and the hz of your lcd could make your monitor flick, not too much like a ctr but a bit to have some good effects in your eyes. This is called Pulse Width Modulation and you can search about it.

Is not as good as a crt but could work for some people.

The trick works, just if some of you have the same eye problem a lot of people is having try it for some weeks.

I have visit several doctors and no one have help me on this like return to CRT. And this eyes problem has appear the last decade, prior to this people usually have eye strain or headaches but not this focus problems that have appear just when people started to use lcd and phones.

Obviously if you do not have this problem you are not going to understand anything.

joselillo_25
Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:06 pm

morphine wrote:
No offense, OP, but almost nothing you said actually makes any sense. CRTs will just make a bad situation worse because then you have to try and focus on blurry pixels and end up tiring your eyes even further.

Of course, that’s the trick, you are making your eyes works instead of watching a no flick screen. The problem is that the eye muscles becomes adapted to this situation and when you return to normal life your eyes cannot focus properly and you need to “force” them using the external muscles . That’s why there are apps like “eyes exerciser” that tells you to block the external muscles of the eye, opening the eye the wider you can, so you can work the normal way of focus.

You need to have this problem to understand the solution.

The problem in the CRT era was that people get their eyes stressed, people used liquids to calm their eyes and you can see people with red eyes at the end of the work.

today is so different, they are making the eyes incapable of focusing in the real life due the adaptation of watching flick free lcd screens, which are retro-iluminated.

Wirko
Gerbil Team Leader

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:40 pm

The last CRTs I used had 85 Hz refresh. That was enough for me to not notice any flicker. Maybe, sometimes, I noticed a little with my peripheral vision, because rods are more sensitive to flicker than cones. Could this have any effect on focusing?

jensend
Gerbil

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:53 pm

The real trick here is that if you have been used to modern monitors and go back to using a CRT - or even a terribly low refresh rate on an LCD - it may annoy you enough that you stop staring at your screen and go focus your eyes on objects outdoors, thus relieving eye strain.

That and the placebo effect are the only way this could be anything other than a detriment.

Eye strain concerns are real, but this kind of anti-scientific superstition isn't.

Increases in screen related eye strain since the advent of smartphones aren't due to LCDs, which many of us were using rather earlier than that. It's because everyone's staring at their darn phones all the time.

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:59 pm

joselillo_25 wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

I call BS.

You are not right sorry, reducing the brightness and the hz of your lcd could make your monitor flick, not too much like a ctr but a bit to have some good effects in your eyes. This is called Pulse Width Modulation and you can search about it.

I know how PWM works. If turning down the monitor to 25 Hz also slows the PWM down to 25 Hz that is a horrible design which will look terrible. 25 Hz flicker is not something you want!

Turning down the brightness is generally a good idea regardless of your refresh rate, or whether you're using LCD vs. CRT.

joselillo_25 wrote:
Is not as good as a crt but could work for some people.

The trick works, just if some of you have the same eye problem a lot of people is having try it for some weeks.

I have visit several doctors and no one have help me on this like return to CRT. And this eyes problem has appear the last decade, prior to this people usually have eye strain or headaches but not this focus problems that have appear just when people started to use lcd and phones.

Obviously if you do not have this problem you are not going to understand anything.

You also have not explained how or why adding flicker would help. There's no physiological reason why it should, and most people will find it rather annoying.

TheRazorsEdge
Gerbil Team Leader

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 pm

joselillo_25 wrote:
The more common problem usually is a lack of focus, a permanent damage in the motor muscles of our eyes that makes focus really slow in real life situations.

This is a testable, observable hypothesis. An excellent start. Where have you published your research?

just reduce the LCD to 25hz progressive, you will start to see good effects in your eyes from the first day.

Another testable claim. Surely, you have tested it before posting on the internet. Have you published your research on this too, or is it still undergoing peer review?

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:46 pm

just brew it! wrote:
I know how PWM works. If turning down the monitor to 25 Hz also slows the PWM down to 25 Hz that is a horrible design which will look terrible. 25 Hz flicker is not something you want!

I don't think that's quite right. The refresh of the LCD image is independent of the LED backlight PWM driver, which is used to control brightness since LEDs are properly a current-controlled device rather than voltage-controlled. TFT Central reckons most LED backlights are operating in the range of 180-420 Hz, and the fact that the entire display backlight flickers at once (rather than as scanlines in a CRT) means the flicker may cause eyestrain at higher frequencies than what a similar CRT refresh rate would predict.

That being said, the OP's ideas are intriguing to me, and I want to subscribe to his newsletter. </simpsons>
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

joselillo_25
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:48 am

jensend wrote:
Increases in screen related eye strain since the advent of smartphones aren't due to LCDs, which many of us were using rather earlier than that. It's because everyone's staring at their darn phones all the time.

No no, this is a terrible mistake my friends. People have been using monitors, tvs etc... massively since the 80s, is not true that people use screens more now.

I remember working in an office in the 90s, full of CRT, some of workers used eye drops to relax the eyes. When you returned in public transport at nigh you could find some people that got red eyes due the use of CRT. The problem these days was eye redness and headaches, due al the work the motor muscles of the eye needed to make in order to focus text in a CRT. Also, when people got home you could found families that pass all the weekend watching tvs or children using game-consoles during all night. Is not true that the current problem is caused for looking to much time to a screen, is caused to looking too much to a LCD screen, a nearly perfect screen that makes our motor muscles adapted to it, reducing their movement to zero so you can read the text in you LCD screen.

How many of you got focus eye problems while playing NES a full weekend? NONE.

This problem only has appeared recently, and the cause is an adaptation of this specific muscles that you can revert using a CRT.

To mimic the CRT in your LCD screen, do this:

change the resolution to 25hz interlaced,
black text white background, no night mode,
reduce the zoom of the program to 60%, so you will see the small text flickering,
open your eyes the max so you block your external muscles and only focus with your damaged ones.

You only are going to understand this if you suffer for the same problem than me and other, an adaptation of our eye muscles to focus a nearly perfect LCD screen. This is not a solution for every eye problem, just for this. You will se results from the first day and within weeks you could start to recover your eyes.

K-L-Waster
Gerbil Elite

Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:08 am

OP, I hate to say it, but the reason you're having trouble focusing now more than you did in the 90s is because your eyes are 25+ years older and the lenses are getting stiffer.
Main System: i7-8700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E, 16 GB DDR4 3200 RAM, ASUS 6800XT, 1 TB WD_Black SN750, Corsair 550D

HTPC: I5-4460, ASUS H97M-E, 8 GB RAM, GTX 970, CRUCIAL 256GB MX100, SILVERSTONE GD09B

joselillo_25
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:18 am

K-L-Waster wrote:
OP, I hate to say it, but the reason you're having trouble focusing now more than you did in the 90s is because your eyes are 25+ years older and the lenses are getting stiffer.

sure, that’s why my 20-year-old cousin has the same problem and the eye doctor tell her to make "eye exercises" to recover the focus again. You can go and ask an eye doctor if is true that more and more people are asking them for this specific problem.

as I said not all people have this problem so you cannot understand, that is good for you.

If someone is curious about this, just make this test.

One day when you got several hours in front of a computer, better in a low light environment, take a look at your phone screen. Now configure the LCD with my instructions and have some time reading something on the Internet, 1 hour or so. Then immediately take another look to you phone, If you suffer from this you will see the phone screen much more "clearer" and much more detailed.

As I said, obviously If you do not suffer from this lack of focus, is not going to make any sense to you.

K-L-Waster
Gerbil Elite

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:12 am

I do understand. Now that I'm 50 (ouch!) trust me, I understand.

Thing is, I get the exact same thing when I read stuff on paper -- it takes several minutes to be able to focus on distant things after reading a paper document. Pretty sure that has nothing to do with the refresh rate....
Main System: i7-8700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E, 16 GB DDR4 3200 RAM, ASUS 6800XT, 1 TB WD_Black SN750, Corsair 550D

HTPC: I5-4460, ASUS H97M-E, 8 GB RAM, GTX 970, CRUCIAL 256GB MX100, SILVERSTONE GD09B

joselillo_25
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:27 am

K-L-Waster wrote:
I do understand. Now that I'm 50 (ouch!) trust me, I understand.

Thing is, I get the exact same thing when I read stuff on paper -- it takes several minutes to be able to focus on distant things after reading a paper document. Pretty sure that has nothing to do with the refresh rate....

This has nothing to do with the problem I am talking about, because yours can be reduced using glasses. The problem I am describing is similar to this compilation of the wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_vision_syndrome

This is not the same that the problem you have.

The trick I am proposing is the only one that works, the recommendations that Wikipedia gives to you are not valid because if you still use an LCD at high refresh rates your muscles still adapt to it, no matter you stop 20 min and look to another thing, you always need to return to the computer.

I do not have glasses and my deviations are the same that when I was 18yrs old, 0.25 in one eye and 0.50 in the other.

You do not need to make pauses, just use a CRT or make the trick with the LCD I have write in another post.
If some of you are curious about this stuff just make the thing with the phone I talk about in the other post, you will see.

just brew it!
Administrator

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:09 am

joselillo_25 wrote:
No no, this is a terrible mistake my friends. People have been using monitors, tvs etc... massively since the 80s, is not true that people use screens more now.

Desktop monitors and TVs of the 80s were typically at arms' length or further away. Now people stare at laptop and smartphone screens, which are typically much closer to their eyes. Makes a big difference.

Also, unless you were a software developer back in the '80s, you did not typically stare at a monitor 40+ hours a week.

joselillo_25 wrote:
sure, that’s why my 20-year-old cousin has the same problem and the eye doctor tell her to make "eye exercises" to recover the focus again. You can go and ask an eye doctor if is true that more and more people are asking them for this specific problem.

I have had crappy eyesight since I was 4 years old. Everyone's eyes are different, and age differently.

I don't doubt that more people are reporting issues these days; but it is not because of the switch from CRTs to LCDs. It is because people spend more time staring at screens which are very close to their eyes.

The Egg

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:28 am

just brew it! wrote:
joselillo_25 wrote:

Desktop monitors and TVs of the 80s were typically at arms' length or further away. Now people stare at laptop and smartphone screens, which are typically much closer to their eyes. Makes a big difference.

Also, unless you were a software developer back in the '80s, you did not typically stare at a monitor 40+ hours a week.

Yeap. Not sure where the OP is living, but the majority of today's kids (in western countries) all have their own personal phones/tablets, which they're using all day, every day (even during school), and then laying in bed with the screen 6 inches away from their face. This is compared to the 80's and earlier, where you had a 27" or less TV halfway across the room (thus, a substantially smaller fraction of the field of vision being occupied), and your parents yelled at you if you were watching or playing games on it for more than a couple hours at a time.

If it were somehow possible to come up with a useful number based on daily screentime (in seconds) multiplied by % FOV occupied, it would probably be 10x higher in today's kids than in the 80's and prior.

liquidsquid

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:46 am

I subscribe to the "exercise your eyes" method at the local beach or on occasion at "Canadian ballet", but my wife says no, so blindness it is. :wink:
But yes, get out more, it will only help. Nothing helps us when we get over 45, your lenses just get stiff.

joselillo_25
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:20 am

The Egg wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
joselillo_25 wrote:

Yeap. Not sure where the OP is living, but the majority of today's kids (in western countries) all have their own personal phones/tablets, which they're using all day, every day (even during school), and then laying in bed with the screen 6 inches away from their face. This is compared to the 80's and earlier, where you had a 27" or less TV halfway across the room (thus, a substantially smaller fraction of the field of vision being occupied), and your parents yelled at you if you were watching or playing games on it for more than a couple hours at a time.

If it were somehow possible to come up with a useful number based on daily screentime (in seconds) multiplied by % FOV occupied, it would probably be 10x higher in today's kids than in the 80's and prior.

The new LCD tv are in the same location, living room, than ancient CRT, and the new LCD screen are in the same locations than CRT monitors, the desktop. Is the same no matter how many times you try to complicate things.

Is not a problem of screen time, is a problem of LCD screens. In fact "eye exercises" apps tell you to put the phone the nearest you can in your face to perform the exercises and use the exercise app the most time you can, the most time you are using the app, the better you will see. You can check it if you download any of this apps. The idea of this exercises is move the eyes using only internal muscles, so you can recover the normal focus of your eyes. Just download one of them, for example, eyes exercises, in the app store and you will see.

But as I am telling to you, there is no need to perform this exercises, just return to a CRT or if you do not have an CRT :

change the resolution to 25hz interlaced,
black text white background, no night mode,
reduce the zoom of the program to 60%, so you will see the small text flickering,
open your eyes the max so you block your external muscles and only focus with your damaged ones.

You can now recover your eyes if you suffer from this condition. Obviously if you have eye problems since 4 years old or age related problems this instructions are not for you, this are just to end the problems caused by the adaptation of the eye muscles to LCD screens.

If some of you suffer from this condition, just do it and you will see.

Redocbew

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:51 am

I wonder how many phones are made today that still have an LCD panel instead of AMOLED or some other kind of OLED display. Seems like those are a lot more common now even outside of flagship devices.

joselillo_25
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:56 am

Redocbew wrote:
I wonder how many phones are made today that still have an LCD panel instead of AMOLED or some other kind of OLED display. Seems like those are a lot more common now even outside of flagship devices.

For the eyes is the same, none of this technologies flick, so your muscles will become adapted to focus a perfect screen and you will have the same problem with time. The only way to avoid and solve this is to make your screen worse, so the flick will not let your muscles to adapt. It looks contra intuitive but is as simple as that.

Redocbew

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:17 am

A study in confirmation bias, that is. You make the experience of using the machine so incredibly annoying that it's impossible to sit in front of it for long periods of time, and hey presto! No more eye strain! It clearly can't be anything else.

Anyway, I wasn't really interested in arguing the point. The difference between your post and mine is that I'm not convinced OLEDs are now more popular in phones. I'm asking because I don't know.

Taxythingy
Gerbil In Training

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:31 am

OP: Unless and until you can provide proper citations for what you are describing, I strongly disagree with your conclusions.

I can give three partial explanations which might fit:
1. CRT monitors have (or may have, I forget) a tendency to be brighter than many LCDs, which will generally reduce the eye's pupil size more than an LCD, given similar ambient lighting conditions. That results in a greater depth of field which will mitigate some out-of-focus issue that are present in the eye. It isn't a reason to use CRTs, it means you need more light in the room.
2. The ambient light in the room is now provided by watt-equivalent compact fluorescent bulbs rather than incandescent. These emit on specific wavelengths and are rather peaky, even after going through the phosphors on the bulb. They don't provide the same useful illumination when at an equivalent lumen output, as some wavelengths of light are rather lacking. This might result in the eye's pupil getting larger, and i refer you back to #1 at this point.
3. You have an uncorrected vision difficulty, which is leading to eye strain. Tired muscles don't want to work as well. Go see an optometrist.

What you describe otherwise isn't how the body mechanics work. The eye doesn't use peripheral muscles vs central muscles - it's all one system. A lack of focus is generally either presbyopia, myopia, or astigmatism, which are essentially permanent but correctable changes in the eye shape and/or lens hardening, where the eye muscles can't adapt the lens to the shape needed. Slow focus is primarily driven by tired muscles and by age - see lens hardening above, and indirectly by illumination levels, also as described above.

Generally, I would suggest you increase the brightness in the room, dump any fluorescent bulbs in the room and replace with high-CRI LED bulbs (or incandescents, if that rings your bell), make sure you have a decent monitor to use, get up and move around frequently rather than sitting for long periods of time, and get outside frequently so your eyes get to use that long-distance mode that was bred into them over quite some time. Visit your local qualified optometrist/optician, preferably one who has the skills to refract without relying on the autorefractor. Bonus points if they run their own private practice, and/or have a complimentary degree in optical physics, and/or can't take you for the next 6 weeks because all the professional musicians and sports people are filling up their appointment book.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:58 am

OLED isn't that common. Outside of Samsung, OLED tends to be flagship devices only, and Samsung only have a 20% global marketshare.

Yes, a lot of people have Samsung phones or flagships in the developed world, but I'd be amazed if IPS smartphones are less than 75% of the market.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

joselillo_25
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:34 am

Taxythingy wrote:
OP: Unless and until you can provide proper citations for what you are describing, I strongly disagree with your conclusions.

I can give three partial explanations which might fit:
1. CRT monitors have (or may have, I forget) a tendency to be brighter than many LCDs, which will generally reduce the eye's pupil size more than an LCD, given similar ambient lighting conditions. That results in a greater depth of field which will mitigate some out-of-focus issue that are present in the eye. It isn't a reason to use CRTs, it means you need more light in the room.
2. The ambient light in the room is now provided by watt-equivalent compact fluorescent bulbs rather than incandescent. These emit on specific wavelengths and are rather peaky, even after going through the phosphors on the bulb. They don't provide the same useful illumination when at an equivalent lumen output, as some wavelengths of light are rather lacking. This might result in the eye's pupil getting larger, and i refer you back to #1 at this point.
3. You have an uncorrected vision difficulty, which is leading to eye strain. Tired muscles don't want to work as well. Go see an optometrist.

What you describe otherwise isn't how the body mechanics work. The eye doesn't use peripheral muscles vs central muscles - it's all one system. A lack of focus is generally either presbyopia, myopia, or astigmatism, which are essentially permanent but correctable changes in the eye shape and/or lens hardening, where the eye muscles can't adapt the lens to the shape needed. Slow focus is primarily driven by tired muscles and by age - see lens hardening above, and indirectly by illumination levels, also as described above.

Generally, I would suggest you increase the brightness in the room, dump any fluorescent bulbs in the room and replace with high-CRI LED bulbs (or incandescents, if that rings your bell), make sure you have a decent monitor to use, get up and move around frequently rather than sitting for long periods of time, and get outside frequently so your eyes get to use that long-distance mode that was bred into them over quite some time. Visit your local qualified optometrist/optician, preferably one who has the skills to refract without relying on the autorefractor. Bonus points if they run their own private practice, and/or have a complimentary degree in optical physics, and/or can't take you for the next 6 weeks because all the professional musicians and sports people are filling up their appointment book.

First, thanks for your educated reply, is a shame when you try to help people and someone laughs at you. I really appreciate your effort in this reply, thank you very much.

I cannot provide any citation because eye doctors know a lot about eyes, but they do not know anything about display technology. For them a computer screen is a thing that you connect to the computer, they do not understand the changes in the technology, just go to your optometrist and tell him about this and you will see for yourself. A computer screen is a computer screen and a phone is phone. You need to be less time in your computer, period. That’s what the manual says besides they have not cure anyone with this.

CRT are not brighter than LCD, LED, AMOLED etc… they just flick more, so is not possible for your eyes muscles to adapt to a plain source like happens with LCD because your eyes are constantly focusing a vibrating and imperfect screen monitor, the same they tell you to do every 20 minutes with their exercises, but provided for 8 hours of work by your old CRT while you are productive. That’s why the problem CRT days were headaches, red eyes etc… and the problem today is a permanent lack of focus, the change in the technology screen.

Is not a problem of light, no matter what the doctors said to all of us because a lot of people working in very good illuminated offices have this problem. Have you ever known a film critic? During the last century a lot of them saw 2 or 3 films every day in a dark room, they went to festivals during one week or more and never exhibit this problem, just a small inadaptation when they return to the outside that only last 2 or 3 minutes until the pupil get closed and the brain process the change or the common red eyes, headache that CRT users had. Clue… analog films at 24p flick, as a CRT do. LCDs don’t.

About going to the doctor…. what do you think I have been doing the last 5 years? Plus… what do you think all the people who have this problem do the first? Go to the doctor of course or read the tricks on the internet associated to these problems. 5 years going to doctors. No one can reverse this situation, they just tell you to do some exercises, pauses and do not use the computer screen for long periods of time. But when you return to the screen the adaptation return to your muscles.

Everything you suggest is the normal thing that we all do when go to the doctor, but this never works because you NEED to return to the “no flick” screen every day, so your eyes return to adapt to that situation, no matter you take a break of 20 minutes or go to the outside. My cousin even has a special transparent paper to train focus given by the eye doctor that consists in… focusing exercises… the same that the CRT do with your eyes just looking at it and reading or work in excel.

I do not have an uncorrected vision difficult because my numbers are the same now and when I had 18yrs. My internal pressure is perfect, all the test they do not exhibit any problem at all, just the same deviation that I got in my 20s, sometimes I mark 0.25 more and sometimes 0.25 less, you know some of this tests are not 100% perfect. If I got a problem with my eyes the doctor will have saw it because, as everyone, my eyes have been scanned with every machine in the room the eye doctor had. My cousin also do not have any eye problem, we do not use glasses but have the same problem caused by the use of the same screens for more than 8 hours a day.

Just make the test I said if you want to see by yourself, if you have this muscle adaptation problem in 1 hour reading with a CRT or a 25hz interlaced LCD you will see some improvements when you return use your phone or driving. As I said, obviously if you do not have this problem or your eyes got another problem, you need glasses etc… this is not a solution.
Last edited by joselillo_25 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.