Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Waco
Gold subscriber
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: Amazon Ordering Processing

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:11 pm

Prime is 100% worth it IMO. The included video, music, and Prime shipping pays for itself by...February in our household.
Desktop: X570 Gaming X | 3900X | 32 GB | Alphacool Eisblock Radeon VII | Heatkiller R3 | Samsung 4K 40" | 1 TB SX8200 Pro + 2 TB 660p + 2 TB SATA SSD
NAS: 1950X | Designare EX | 32 GB ECC | 7x8 TB RAIDZ2 | 8x2 TB RAID10 | FreeNAS | ZFS | LSI SAS

LoneWolf15
Gerbil Elite

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:41 pm

Well, I had my first Prime delay, but it was only 1 day.

Ordered my Dell S2719DGF 27" LCD on a Friday, and the delivery date changed from Sunday to Monday. I probably didn''t make the order cutoff, and it wasn't available from near here at the fulfillment center. But really, no big deal.

NewEgg actually was odder; I ordered my Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super and it shipped from --Onario. I'm guessing stock was limited enough that they went the route that went through Customs; normally it would be easier and cheaper to even ship from California. It got here without a scratch though, so I'm good.
i9-9900K @4.7GHz, GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi, 2 x 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V PC3000
Corsair 650D, Seasonic 1Kw Platinum PSU
2x HP EX920 1TB NVMe, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB 2.5", NEC 7200 DVDRW
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC, Dell S2719DGF 27" LCD

meerkt
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 am

No problem with delivery times, but I always use the slowest shipping method and never expect any specific time.

The problem lies elsewhere. Until not long ago I used to have a highly-positive impression of them. But recently Amazon utterly and spectacularly bungled both an order and their consequent limited attempts to fix it. To add insult to injury, while they refuse to fix their failure, they simultaneously continue with the fake veneer. Something like: "We're very sorry. Please realize mistakes happen sometimes. We will learn from it and improve. BTW, we're not going to make it right, and FU. So sorry. Please shop with us again!"

heyal256
Gerbil First Class

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:39 pm

LoneWolf15 wrote:
Well, I had my first Prime delay, but it was only 1 day.
NewEgg actually was odder; I ordered my Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super and it shipped from --Onario. I'm guessing stock was limited enough that they went the route that went through Customs; normally it would be easier and cheaper to even ship from California. It got here without a scratch though, so I'm good.

It's been a while since i ordered from newegg, but i think that the have a warehouse in ontario, ca [california not canada]. i remember stuff that wasn't nearby and shipped from california was from that location.

As for amazon prime it's been a while since I last had a prcoessing delay, so they may have mostly solved that issue..