Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Captain Ned, emkubed

techguy
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

How long before the site goes under?

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:30 am

I don't know what the revenue numbers look like but they can't be increasing, and that's never a good sign. A distinct lack of content has got to be pushing down the site visits, which in turn affects ad revenue that to my knowledge was already insufficient.

If ownership cares to keep this site operational they're going to need to make drastic changes. They also need a plan. Traditional "print" media is dying and new media is taking its place. You can change with the times, or become a relic. I suggest ownership gets back to what made this site worth visiting everyday: in-depth analysis of gaming-related PC hardware including frame-time data that other sites don't bother to gather. I also suggest they develop a format to deliver content on a regular basis via means other than traditional articles. I am not suggesting abandonment of this media, only adoption of the new in order to expand reach.

drfish
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Elder

Re: How long before the site goes under?

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:37 am

This thread has unofficially become the place where details relevant to your post are revealed. I'd love to share more, and no contract is preventing me from doing so, but out of respect for others that's all I will say for now. Hang tight.
TR BBQ XVI is happening 8/10/19.