Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Nicolai8192
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

cancel sub - receipts@techreport.com not a valid email address?

Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:44 am

Hi folks,

I signed up to TR just over a year ago because I really like the site. Now with the new site design it's just horrific. My subscription was automatically renewed yesterday (20-7-2019)
So I replied to the receipt email from comes from receipts@techreport.com and much to my surprise that email address bounces.

Has anyone dealt with this recently?

NB: I also CC'd support@techreport.com (which didn't bounce -- yay!) but as it's a Sunday I doubt I'll get a response today :)

Regards,
Nicolai8192

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Re: cancel sub - receipts@techreport.com not a valid email address?

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:48 pm

I hope you get it resolved soon. You may need to file a dispute with your bank if you don’t.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Use the contact form on the front page. I know we're getting those. This is not an ideal situation, I know.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

just brew it!
Gold subscriber
Administrator

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:54 pm

For the time being, the most effective way is probably to PM drfish (assuming you haven't been caught in the broken IP ban filter, and unless he has a better suggestion). The contact form comes to me, but also constantly receives tons of spam from bots. I'm attempting to weed out the legit requests/complaints from the spam but it's a bit of a mess; the things I can't handle myself (like subscription issues) I've been passing along to drfish to pass along to the new management.

Edit: Just to be clear, if you're experiencing an issue with the IP filter, use the above mentioned admin contact form. That's the only way to get my attention to clear the IP block if you can't access the forums.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

drfish
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Elder

Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:15 pm

I've sent a message to Renee about it. Really sorry for the hassle. You can also PM askfranklin. I've suggested that getting the Stripe applet back on the subs page should be the #1 priority of all site changes. Unfortunately, there's nothing more I can do about it.

Fractux
Gerbil

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:07 am

drfish wrote:
I've sent a message to Renee about it. Really sorry for the hassle. You can also PM askfranklin. I've suggested that getting the Stripe applet back on the subs page should be the #1 priority of all site changes. Unfortunately, there's nothing more I can do about it.

Any updates to be had about this subscription issue?

Just received an invoice myself, and after clearly not being back to TR in a while due to IRL things, I was a bit shocked when I loaded up the site. Popped off a message on the contact form, but after once again reading more on the forums, sounds like it may be in vain.

Thanks for trying to keep a hold on the fort, gents. I know you can only do so much. But it is, and has been greatly appreciated, even by the lurkers.

drfish
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Elder

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:43 pm

11 days ago we were told it would be fixed in 4-5 days. That's all the information I have. :-?

Fractux
Gerbil

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:00 pm

drfish wrote:
11 days ago we were told it would be fixed in 4-5 days. That's all the information I have. :-?

Thanks again, drfish. I much appreciate you taking the time to respond with all that's going on.

Cheers!