Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Chinese astrology - Let's try this one more time...

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:59 am

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Glorious wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
It's more about letting your fate rest in God's hands than trying to predict it. I have stayed away from the prediction part of astrology. I don't read horoscopes (they seem nonsense anyway).

You just said that since whm1974 was born in a particular month, that means he's under the influence of a particular constellation, and then you proceeded to not only explain his behavior by it, but make predictions about his future behavior as well.

That was the previous post.

I didn't make any prediction. Stubborn-ness is part of his nature and like most humans, he is going to have a hard time overcoming his innate nature. Prediction would be if I said when exactly that would happen or in what manner it would happen. I'm as clueless about the future as anyone else.

The levels of self contradiction in your brain are staggering.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:07 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
I didn't make any prediction. Stubborn-ness is part of his nature and like most humans, he is going to have a hard time overcoming his innate nature. Prediction would be if I said when exactly that would happen or in what manner it would happen. I'm as clueless about the future as anyone else.

You implied that his personality is determined by Astrology. That is implicitly making a prediction about his future behavior.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Igor_Kavinski
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:47 pm

just brew it! wrote:
You implied that his personality is determined by Astrology. That is implicitly making a prediction about his future behavior.

I fail to understand your meaning of prediction. Though I'll tell you about a prediction that I did not make but that was made by some Chinese Astrology website. In the year of the Snake, after 5 years at my job, I was finally promoted. I was reading that page a few days later and it said that monkeys will get promoted this year. So I checked and yes, all the other monkeys on staff were also promoted, save for one. So I was like, ha! Prediction failed. But then, next year, before the year of the Snake ended in February, that monkey was ALSO PROMOTED! That freaked the hell out of me and I have never visited that site again nor do I want to see into the future ever again.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

I fail to understand your meaning of prediction. Though I'll tell you about a prediction that I did not make but that was made by some Chinese Astrology website. In the year of the Snake, after 5 years at my job, I was finally promoted. I was reading that page a few days later and it said that monkeys will get promoted this year. So I checked and yes, all the other monkeys on staff were also promoted, save for one. So I was like, ha! Prediction failed. But then, next year, before the year of the Snake ended in February, that monkey was ALSO PROMOTED! That freaked the hell out of me and I have never visited that site again nor do I want to see into the future ever again.

OMG! When they were promoted, did the date end in even or odd numbers? I PREDICTED THAT 20 YEARS AGO!?!?!?!

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Waco wrote:
OMG! When they were promoted, did the date end in even or odd numbers? I PREDICTED THAT 20 YEARS AGO!?!?!?!

I would provide that data if I had it available but it was years ago. You really shouldn't make fun of things like that. God has a funny way of showing how wrong you can be. Happened to me enough times that I don't make fun of what others would think as mere coincidences.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:41 pm

Insh'Allah.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:08 am

Captain Ned wrote:
Insh'Allah.

Man, you would be such a good Muslim :D Just grow a beard, wear a cotton skullcap with a nice design and find yourself a pretty young bride/brides. You can get 3 more!

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:00 am

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
I would provide that data if I had it available but it was years ago. You really shouldn't make fun of things like that. God has a funny way of showing how wrong you can be. Happened to me enough times that I don't make fun of what others would think as mere coincidences.

ASTROLOGY STRONK LIKE BULLTAURUS

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:03 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Waco wrote:

I think you need to re-read what I wrote. ;)

For the record, I'm agnostic.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Waco wrote:

Dawkins and Whm think you're just a coward then. :P
I hate when I go out in public, and the public is there.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Vrock wrote:
Waco wrote:

I'm perfectly okay with that.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun May 10, 2020 12:45 am

just brew it! wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Indeed, the logical reasoning of whm1974 is an enigma. But that is to be expected because Taureans are stubborn by nature. Even if a teensy weensy thought appears in his mind that seems to tell him something good about faith, the rest of his brain overwhelmingly crushes it. Only a life changing event may be able to open his mind.

Ahh, the irony of criticizing someone else's reasoning skills by using Astrology... you can't make this stuff up! :lol:

You really can't. Even if you could, someone else will indeed come up something far stranger...

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun May 10, 2020 12:51 am

Vrock wrote:
Waco wrote:

I can't speak for Dawkins, but why would I think someone is a coward if they consider themselves an agnostic? The term doesn't mean "Without Belief" but "Without Knowledge".

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun May 10, 2020 12:53 am

whm1974 wrote:
I can't speak for Dawkins, but why would I think someone is a coward if they consider themselves an agnostic? The term doesn't mean "Without Belief" but "Without Knowledge".

Hey buddy! Long time no see. What you been upto?

just brew it!
Administrator

Sun May 10, 2020 4:55 am

whm1974 wrote:

Some people say agnostics are just people who are afraid to commit fully one way or the other. You don't need to agree with that, just be aware that it is a fairly common viewpoint.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Sun May 10, 2020 6:15 am

just brew it! wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

Some people Militant atheists say agnostics are just people who are afraid to commit fully one way or the other. You don't need to agree with that, just be aware that it is a fairly common viewpoint.

Fixed that.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun May 10, 2020 10:43 am

Vrock wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

Some people Militant atheists say agnostics are just people who are afraid to commit fully one way or the other. You don't need to agree with that, just be aware that it is a fairly common viewpoint.

Fixed that.

Actually I have heard stricter minded christens call agnostics cowards and as those who can't make up their mind far more often the any sort of Atheist.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun May 10, 2020 11:58 am

whm1974 wrote:
Actually I have heard stricter minded christens call agnostics cowards and as those who can't make up their mind far more often the any sort of Atheist.

Well, calling someone a coward isn't the Christian way so they aren't proper Christians to begin with.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Sun May 10, 2020 12:37 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Vrock wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

Fixed that.

No, you haven't.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun May 10, 2020 3:01 pm

Vrock wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
Vrock wrote:
Fixed that.

No, you haven't.

Oh yes I have, in addiction to Atheists deny God because they are Mad at God or Hate God.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Sun May 10, 2020 3:36 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Vrock wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

No, you haven't.

Oh yes I have, in addiction to Atheists deny God because they are Mad at God or Hate God.

Not God, just those who believe in Him.

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon May 11, 2020 11:38 am

I am also addicted to atheists.

Just can't get enough.

Redocbew

Mon May 11, 2020 11:47 am

You gotta fever, and the only cure is more atheists.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.