Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Igor_Kavinski
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Chinese astrology - Let's try this one more time...

Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:56 am

just brew it! wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Vrock wrote:
I'm 42 and in decent health, but if it's my time to go, it's my time.

You are likely Horse or Snake based on Chinese astrology. Horse, they have good health so you have little to worry about. Snake, charming and vindictive but health not guaranteed.

Leave it to Igor to send things off into a bizarre parallel reality... :roll:

OK, here's an exercise for all of you to consider maybe this isn't horse ****. Write down the names of your best friends and good friends and then find out what your compatibility score is with them from this: https://www.findyourfate.com/chineseastro/grid.htm

If you find mostly high compatibility scores with your friends, then there is something in this compatibility chart that has evaded the researchers of modern science. Also, if you have a friend that you mostly argue with, that doesn't count. That's not a friend. You just love torturing him/her with your disagreement. A true friend may not agree with you but also won't argue with you incessantly to make their point. Highly compatible people as per this chart mostly avoid conflict as much as possible due to their innate compatibility.

By the way, I'm a Monkey. Full of crazy ideas? Check. Inventing (or more often, reinventing the wheel)? Check. Poor health? Check. Likes to play pranks? Check. Gets bored easily? Check. Laughs like anything, even when no one else finds it funny? Check. I didn't become this after I found out about Chinese astrology (which was in my mid 20s). I was always like this. Chinese astrology told me WHY I'm like this.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Re: Chinese astrology - Let's try this one more time...

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:05 am

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
By the way, I'm a Monkey.

Yes.
I hate when I go out in public, and the public is there.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:26 am

Chinese astrology??? You are peddling nonsense again? What the Hell does Chinese astrology have to do with a person's personality?

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:37 am

whm1974 wrote:
Chinese astrology??? You are peddling nonsense again? What the Hell does Chinese astrology have to do with a person's personality?

http://www.chinesezodiac.com/calculator.php

Find your chinese zodiac from that page. Tell me what that is. Then I tell you what type of person you are. Your best and worst traits. You have nothing to lose. And I will tell you from my personal experiences with people of your zodiac. I've been lucky enough to get my hands on the date of birth of almost everyone I've been in contact with, and sometimes even people I didn't meet directly. For example, when I was a lowly counter salesperson, I predicted just looking at a girl that she was a Scorpio, because she was doing things (yapping incessantly over the phone and pretending to be cute) that another Scorpio girl I knew did a lot. When she handed me over her ID for registration in the system, my suspicions were confirmed. She was a Scorpio, just 5 years younger than the one I knew, so different chinese zodiac sign but same western zodiac sign.

Also, my co-workers make fun of me, just like you guys do, about my unconventional ideas. But one thing they don't make fun of about me is my ability to tell them what kind of personality they have from their date of birth. It's often so accurate that they gasp in amazement. Few guys even asked me about their fiances before marriage and later told me after marriage that my predictions about their fiances' general behavior were spot on.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:11 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Few guys even asked me about their fiances before marriage and later told me after marriage that my predictions about their fiances' general behavior were spot on.
Oh, for sure. You're totally the first guy I'd go to for advice on women.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:16 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

http://www.chinesezodiac.com/calculator.php

Find your chinese zodiac from that page. Tell me what that is. Then I tell you what type of person you are. Your best and worst traits. You have nothing to lose. And I will tell you from my personal experiences with people of your zodiac. I've been lucky enough to get my hands on the date of birth of almost everyone I've been in contact with, and sometimes even people I didn't meet directly. For example, when I was a lowly counter salesperson, I predicted just looking at a girl that she was a Scorpio, because she was doing things (yapping incessantly over the phone and pretending to be cute) that another Scorpio girl I knew did a lot. When she handed me over her ID for registration in the system, my suspicions were confirmed. She was a Scorpio, just 5 years younger than the one I knew, so different chinese zodiac sign but same western zodiac sign.

Also, my co-workers make fun of me, just like you guys do, about my unconventional ideas. But one thing they don't make fun of about me is my ability to tell them what kind of personality they have from their date of birth. It's often so accurate that they gasp in amazement. Few guys even asked me about their fiances before marriage and later told me after marriage that my predictions about their fiances' general behavior were spot on.

And you are full of ****... Pray tell us what is my date of birth? How is it possible for you to know what kind of person I am based entirely on what day and month I was born?

You are you aware that almost no one actually uses neither Chinese Astrology or Chinese Alternative Medicine in China don't you? You have a very limited to no understanding of Science.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Astronomers have established that solar flares can make people commit more crimes, especially in summer. Why is it so hard to believe that celestial bodies can have an impact on a person's behavior?

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/how-solar ... -and-body/

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:20 pm

whm1974 wrote:
And you are full of ****... Pray tell us what is my date of birth? How is it possible for you to know what kind of person I am based entirely on what day and month I was born?

You are you aware that almost no one actually uses neither Chinese Astrology or Chinese Alternative Medicine in China don't you? You have a very limited to no understanding of Science.

You are refusing to let me demonstrate. Just tell me your chinese zodiac sign. Simple. Is that how you settle arguments in real life too? By shouting down at people? I stop thinking in terms of science when science has no answer.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:50 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

You are refusing to let me demonstrate. Just tell me your chinese zodiac sign. Simple. Is that how you settle arguments in real life too? By shouting down at people? I stop thinking in terms of science when science has no answer.

What in Hell? The Burden of Proof is always on the person(s) making the Claim. And how am I shouting you down?

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:08 pm

whm1974 wrote:
What in Hell? The Burden of Proof is always on the person(s) making the Claim.

And to give you said proof, you have to cooperate with me, i.e. tell me your chinese zodiac sign. I'm not a magician or a sorcerer. Can't tell your sign just by knowing so little about you. But if I had to guess, you could be a dragon. They have a tendency to shout before they listen. Only you know your traits better than anyone else. When I recount them to you, if you are a reasonable, honest person, you will say, "Yes. Igor is not far off from the truth about my traits."

whm1974 wrote:
And how am I shouting you down?

Your responses just seem like it, especially when you are cursing.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
What in Hell? The Burden of Proof is always on the person(s) making the Claim.

And to give you said proof, you have to cooperate with me, i.e. tell me your chinese zodiac sign. I'm not a magician or a sorcerer. Can't tell your sign just by knowing so little about you. But if I had to guess, you could be a dragon. They have a tendency to shout before they listen. Only you know your traits better than anyone else. When I recount them to you, if you are a reasonable, honest person, you will say, "Yes. Igor is not far off from the truth about my traits."

whm1974 wrote:
And how am I shouting you down?

Your responses just seem like it, especially when you are cursing.

What Cursing? What "Curses" on you that I have "cast"? Am I a Warlock or Witch Hexing folk that I disagree with? If you actually believe that you know people's personality based on some sign of the Zodiac, then you should already know that I don't accept Supernatural claims. Oh by the way, the so called Zodiac doesn't even exist.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:30 pm

If all you are gonna do is vehemently disagree with me, better save your breath. Nothing could be more unproductive.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
If all you are gonna do is vehemently disagree with me, better save your breath. Nothing could be more unproductive.

How am I "vehemently" disagreeing with you? I am merely pointing out that you are peddling outright nonsense that has been debunked long ago by Hard Science. You remind me of certain Christens who get very upset that I'm an Atheist and the fact that the vast majority of Christens will strongly disagree with their views.

And why do you not accept Science at all?

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:50 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

How am I "vehemently" disagreeing with you? I am merely pointing out that you are peddling outright nonsense that has been debunked long ago by Hard Science. You remind me of certain Christens who get very upset that I'm an Atheist and the fact that the vast majority of Christens will strongly disagree with their views.

I accept science. You can't prove Chinese Astrology has been debunked by science because no such research has taken place, AFAIK. Modern science is based on what? Around the research of the most recent 200 or so years? Humans have existed for eons. Ancient knowledge can't all be wrong. How the heck were the Egyptians able to build pyramids without our modern science? Open your mind, Neo. The truth is out there. All you need to do is see.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:16 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

I accept science. You can't prove Chinese Astrology has been debunked by science because no such research has taken place, AFAIK. Modern science is based on what? Around the research of the most recent 200 or so years? Humans have existed for eons. Ancient knowledge can't all be wrong. How the heck were the Egyptians able to build pyramids without our modern science? Open your mind, Neo. The truth is out there. All you need to do is see.

So called Ancient Knowledge can be wrong and the Egyptians had science then. :roll:

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:35 pm

whm1974 wrote:
So called Ancient Knowledge can be wrong and the Egyptians had science then. :roll:

See? Can be wrong implies it might go the other way and can be right. So where did their science go? Vanished without a trace? Or is it hidden in their hieroglyphs that our present day geniuses are unable to decipher? There is much we do not know. The first step to gaining knowledge is admitting that you know nothing. Only an empty pan can be filled. A fool who thinks he knows everything automatically closes the doors of knowledge upon himself.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:43 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

See? Can be wrong implies it might go the other way and can be right. So where did their science go? Vanished without a trace? Or is it hidden in their hieroglyphs that our present day geniuses are unable to decipher? There is much we do not know. The first step to gaining knowledge is admitting that you know nothing. Only an empty pan can be filled. A fool who thinks he knows everything automatically closes the doors of knowledge upon himself.

I have never claimed that I know everything. Their Science didn't disappear, it was built upon as Humans gotten better at doing Science. Yes some things have been lost over time.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:03 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Their Science didn't disappear, it was built upon as Humans gotten better at doing Science. Yes some things have been lost over time.

Any examples of their science to which modern science owes a lot and couldn't have gotten to where it is today?

just brew it!
Administrator

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:13 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
I accept science.

ROFL
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
I accept science.

As your personal Saviour?
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
I accept science.

Yes. Along with other forms of knowledge NOT considered Science. I don't discriminate when it comes to knowledge. There's something to be learned from even what might seem utter crap, as I have discovered time and time again.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:23 pm

just brew it! wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
I accept science.

ROFL

My posts are adding years to your life, aren't they?

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:26 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Captain Ned wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
I accept science.

Yes. Along with other forms of knowledge NOT considered Science. I don't discriminate when it comes to knowledge. There's something to be learned from even what might seem utter crap, as I have discovered time and time again.

And how do you what you discovering is actually knowledge and not simply things people just believed back then?

just brew it!
Administrator

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:41 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:

I'm surprised your head doesn't explode, given that it must be crammed to overflowing with mutually contradictory information.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Vrock wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
By the way, I'm a Monkey.

Yes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:54 pm

What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:23 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Captain Ned wrote:

And how do you what you discovering is actually knowledge and not simply things people just believed back then?

Excellent question. Really pleased with that. I follow the voice in my heart. Listen closely, in the darkness of the night, when the deafening silence conspires to drive man to madness. It is then that your heart will speak to you. Ignore it you must not.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

Excellent question. Really pleased with that. I follow the voice in my heart. Listen closely, in the darkness of the night, when the deafening silence conspires to drive man to madness. It is then that your heart will speak to you. Ignore it you must not.

https://youtu.be/yCC_b5WHLX0

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

What deafening silence that somehow conspires to drive people mad? You come across as a damn Mystic who went Mad with Mysticism... Quick... What is the sound of one hand clapping? This is a nonsensical question, because one hand can't clap.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:46 pm

whm1974 wrote:
What deafening silence that somehow conspires to drive people mad? You come across as a damn Mystic who went Mad with Mysticism... Quick... What is the sound of one hand clapping? This is a nonsensical question, because one hand can't clap.

What's funny is that I do hear sound when clapping my fingers against the palm of my hand. One hand clapping works.