Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: Chinese astrology - Let's try this one more time...

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:34 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
Your claim is that personality is tied to astrological sign. If that relationship is real, it should work in both directions.

Yeah, maybe an astrological guru can do that. I'm not one. I'm simply an amateur who has amassed experience in comparing people's personality traits and finding really strong correlations with their astrological signs.

If the correlations are real, and (as you claim) you have experience looking at them, you should be able to guess astrological sign with better than random chance accuracy based on someone's posting history. I.e., you should at least be able to eliminate most of the "wrong" signs.

Provide some evidence that the correlations are real, or shut up.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
You couldn't read my many posts on this Forum, and discover my Zodiac Sign based off that? :roll: Well I have shown that Astrology is not at a Science, but merely utter nonsense that people over time only believed to be true. :o :roll:

That speaks more about my ineptitude than any failing of astrology. You would similarly refuse to believe in the Force if a Jedi Padawan was unable to lift you right up.

What??? Are you fracking serious? You don't choose or refuse to believe at all. You have to be convinced that something is true. We know more then enough about the Solar System and the rest of the Universe to know that Astrology is completely false. Now you are bringing up a frictional Force that only exist in Fantasy Films.

Igor_Kavinski
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:49 pm

just brew it! wrote:

Determine a person's sign from the way they write? Really tall order, sir. The whole point of this thread was to describe a person's traits from their date of birth. Since no one is willing to disclose that information, you may lock this thread as it isn't going to generate any meaningful discussion. It could have been fun, but everyone here seems to be paranoid.

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:52 pm

DOB is sensitive enough info that posting it in a public forum is inadvisable.

Plus, nobody else here believes in astrology or numerology (because they are BS).

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:52 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
You couldn't read my many posts on this Forum, and discover my Zodiac Sign based off that? :roll: Well I have shown that Astrology is not at a Science, but merely utter nonsense that people over time only believed to be true. :o :roll:

That speaks more about my ineptitude than any failing of astrology. You would similarly refuse to believe in the Force if a Jedi Padawan was unable to lift you right up.

What??? Are you fracking serious? You don't choose or refuse to believe at all. You have to be convinced that something is true. We know more then enough about the Solar System and the rest of the Universe to know that Astrology is completely false. Now you are bringing up a frictional Force that only exist in Fantasy Films.

If a medical intern forgot something while treating you and you ended up with your leg getting cut off, I'm pretty sure you would never trust doctors again. I can only try to prove what I'm good at. A person claims he can hide your watch and you say you don't believe them because they can't hide an elephant and all the while, you refuse to give him your watch so he can demonstrate what you are refusing to believe.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:54 pm

just brew it! wrote:

That's why I mentioned an alternative. Let me know your day number ( from 1 to 9 by adding the digits of your day of birth), your western zodiac sign and your chinese zodiac sign. Don't tell me that you expect someone to guess your exact date of birth from that information. If you believe that, please let me have some of what you are smoking.

EDIT: fixed typo.
Last edited by Igor_Kavinski on Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:01 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

Determine a person's sign from the way they write? Really tall order, sir. The whole point of this thread was to describe a person's traits from their date of birth. Since no one is willing to disclose that information, you may lock this thread as it isn't going to generate any meaningful discussion. It could have been fun, but everyone here seems to be paranoid.

...you realize that if it were a real science, it should go either way. Traits ==> birth date, sign, etc. Not just birth date ==> some traits that should be true but aren't if you're a pussy.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:06 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

If a medical intern forgot something while treating you and you ended up with your leg getting cut off, I'm pretty sure you would never trust doctors again. I can only try to prove what I'm good at. A person claims he can hide your watch and you say you don't believe them because they can't hide an elephant and all the while, you refuse to give him your watch so he can demonstrate what you are refusing to believe.

This is false. All that means is that the Intern needs more experience and training. There are many medical personal that are skilled and experts at their jobs. Refusing to give another person my watch has nothing to do with me refusing to believe that he can hide my watch. It is simply that he or she can't be trusted to give the watch back.

Again it is not a matter of choice to believe something. To believe to put this simply, is that you convince something is true, irregardless if it is or not. No is one here is being paranoid about giving out their DOB to some stranger on a Internet forum. But it is Common Sense not to do this at all.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:06 pm

Waco wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

...you realize that if it were a real science, it should go either way. Traits ==> birth date, sign, etc. Not just birth date ==> some traits that should be true but aren't if you're a pussy.

Those are innate traits. At a subconscious level, whm1974 is a Taurus. Unfortunately, he is suppressing those traits from getting expressed due to his preconceived notions gained through bad life experiences. He needs hypnosis therapy if he is unwilling to make the effort to try to awaken his inner self.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:08 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

This is false. All that means is that the Intern needs more experience and training. There are many medical personal that are skilled and experts at their jobs. Refusing to give another person my watch has nothing to do with me refusing to believe that he can hide my watch. It is simply that he or she can't be trusted to give the watch back.

Again it is not a matter of choice to believe something. To believe to put this simply, is that you convince something is true, irregardless if it is or not. No is one here is being paranoid about giving out their DOB to some stranger on a Internet forum. But it is Common Sense not to do this at all.

It makes perfect sense that I can't convince you since my father is a Taurus and I gave up arguing with him years ago. Oh yeah, Taureans can be pretty stubborn, almost as much as Aries but Aries will at least listen.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:12 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Waco wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

Those are innate traits. At a subconscious level, whm1974 is a Taurus. Unfortunately, he is suppressing those traits from getting expressed due to his preconceived notions gained through bad life experiences. He needs hypnosis therapy if he is unwilling to make the effort to try to awaken his inner self.

You don't even know me in Real Life, you are also not therapist at all. So how would you even know what my bad life experiences are? Let along any preconceived notions I may or may not have.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:31 pm

whm1974 wrote:
You don't even know me in Real Life, you are also not therapist at all. So how would you even know what my bad life experiences are? Let along any preconceived notions I may or may not have.

Based solely on you being a Taurus. Taureans are Alpha males. If you are not behaving like an Alpha male in real life, you have psychological issues you need help with.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:32 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

Based solely on you being a Taurus. Taureans are Alpha males. If you are not behaving like an Alpha male in real life, you have psychological issues you need help with.

And where you getting this Alpha and Beta Males from?

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:35 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

No idea what you mean by that question. Sorry.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:55 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

No idea what you mean by that question. Sorry.

Igor The Bear, Humans are far socially complex then Common chimps and wolves. And the study of captive wolves in the 1930's and 40's was deeply flawed. The concept of Alpha and Beta doesn't apply to neither people nor wolves at all. Wolfe pack are family units. The so called Alpha male and female are simply parents of the other wolves.

Humans exist in many different social circles.
https://thinkgrowth.org/the-alpha-myth-150121d3868f
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... or-reality

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:

AKA it's all ****. Seriously. You just proved the point.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

That's why I mentioned an alternative. Let me know your day number ( from 1 to 9 by adding the digits of your day of birth), your western zodiac sign and your chinese zodiac sign. Don't tell me that you expect someone to guess your exact date of birth from that information. If you believe that, please let me have some of what you are smoking.

Let's take a hypothetical birth date of June 26, 1972. We have:

Day number = 8, so day of birth must be 8th, 17th, or 26th of month.

By Chinese zodiac sign (Rat), birth year must be 1948, 1960, 1972, or 1996 (assuming person is between 13 and 72 years old).

By Western zodiac sign (Cancer), birthday must fall between June 21 and July 21.

So birthday MUST be one of June 26, July 8, or July 17, of 1948, 1960, 1972, or 1996. For a given individual, other clues may put a tighter limit on age range, eliminating one or more of those years. If a person also has a less common day number (like 11), you may be able to narrow it down to just a couple of potential dates.

That's a very small search space, and IMO an unacceptable security risk. We're not being paranoid; we're trying not to be stupid with our personal info.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:11 pm

just brew it! wrote:
That's a very small search space, and IMO an unacceptable security risk. We're not being paranoid; we're trying not to be stupid with our personal info.

Good that everyone here is so careful. But that nullifies the point of this thread.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:12 pm

Waco wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

AKA it's all ****. Seriously. You just proved the point.

Sorry, man. You just need to think outside of your preconceptions.

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:15 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

Good that everyone here is so careful. But that nullifies the point of this thread.

Hey, don't blame us; you started the thread where you asked people to take what most would consider to be an unreasonable security risk. :roll:

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 pm

just brew it! wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

Hey, don't blame us; you started the thread where you asked people to take what most would consider to be an unreasonable security risk. :roll:

I have an idea. If someone has access to their HR's records, just tell me the DOB of one of your coworkers and see if I can describe them well enough. That's not personal info now, is it? No one can tell who you are so fat chance anyone can find out who that coworker is.

Redocbew

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:38 pm

You must be really bored.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:46 pm

Redocbew wrote:
You must be really bored.

I love to give but unfortunately, people never appreciate the value of free stuff. If only I could shut off my conscience and do this as a profession, then I would be rich AND help people at the same time. Damn you, conscience!

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:54 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

I have an idea. If someone has access to their HR's records, just tell me the DOB of one of your coworkers and see if I can describe them well enough. That's not personal info now, is it? No one can tell who you are so fat chance anyone can find out who that coworker is.

Those with such access will quickly find themselves fired and may face criminal charges for leaking this kind of information. Here is a DOB for you: June 14, 1946. Now what can you tell us about this person?

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:00 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Here is a DOB for you: June 14, 1946. Now what can you tell us about this person?

He's a number 5 (14=1+4=5). He's a bridge between people. He communicates with everyone and helps make them work together in harmony. He has an addiction problem but that addiction could be anything like food, sex, drugs, even work.

He's a Gemini. Great storyteller. Weaves fascinating tall tales but if he is a conscientious person, then he will recall real events with a dramatic touch for everyone's listening amusement.

He's a Fire Dog. Great leader. Always on the move. People love his company.

I don't really know anyone in real life who was born in 1946 so that's all I can tell you.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:09 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
Here is a DOB for you: June 14, 1946. Now what can you tell us about this person?

He's a number 5 (14=1+4=5). He's a bridge between people. He communicates with everyone and helps make them work together in harmony. He has an addiction problem but that addiction could be anything like food, sex, drugs, even work.

He's a Gemini. Great storyteller. Weaves fascinating tall tales but if he is a conscientious person, then he will recall real events with a dramatic touch for everyone's listening amusement.

I don't really know anyone in real life who was born in 1946 so that's all I can tell you.

Ha Ha... :lol: :roll: Man you way far off... I merely gave you Trumps DOB. And you did made the claim using Astrology you could describe anyone's personality using only their DOB.

Sir you just contradict yourself.

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:13 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
[I have an idea. If someone has access to their HR's records, just tell me the DOB of one of your coworkers and see if I can describe them well enough. That's not personal info now, is it? No one can tell who you are so fat chance anyone can find out who that coworker is.

People with access to that info would be the people working in HR, who would know better than to post any of it online.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:13 pm

whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

Ha Ha... :lol: :roll: Man you way far off... I merely gave you Trumps DOB. And you did made the claim using Astrology you could describe anyone's personality using only their DOB.

Sir you just contradict yourself.

What in there is untrue? He is a great leader, no doubting it. A leader leads. Leads to where doesn't necessarily mean it could be a good place. He is LEADING, isn't he? He moves around A LOT. The people who voted for him LOVE his company. Don't you love the tall tales he fabricates out of his ass? And look, as a president, he is bringing people together from all walks of life in his day to day job. His addiction? I'm not privy to that.

Last edited by Igor_Kavinski on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:14 pm

just brew it! wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
[I have an idea. If someone has access to their HR's records, just tell me the DOB of one of your coworkers and see if I can describe them well enough. That's not personal info now, is it? No one can tell who you are so fat chance anyone can find out who that coworker is.

People with access to that info would be the people working in HR, who would know better than to post any of it online.

Guess I've been lucky to have had unfettered access to such info without being in HR and without facing any repercussions. Maybe all part of God's plan for me?

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:17 pm

Hey Igor, how about this one:

day number = 2
Chinese zodiac = Ox
Western zodiac = Aries