derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: Igor Kavinski

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:38 am

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
derFunkenstein wrote:
Why I Like Igor Kavinski...

That reads like it is AI generated. Or you were really bored :D

It was adapted from a satirical "Why I Like Abe Lincoln" essay by Craig Mitchell of My Boot fame.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Igor_Kavinski
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:05 am

Is there a relation between gravity and time? More specifically, does time stop inside a blackhole? Or does time run in reverse? Would it be possible to enter a blackhole in a spaceship so gigantic that the blackhole does not have enough gravitation to suck off and disintegrate its outer hull and thus the inner chambers of the spaceship get sucked into the blackhole intact? Is there a mother of all blackholes (MOAB) in the center of our universe? Or is the entire universe itself inside a blackhole? Space travel got me thinking about something. We humans have ALWAYS adapted. Would our descendents adapt to the constant solar and cosmic radiation by growing thicker, scalier skins? Are we going to evolve into interstellar reptiles? Is it possible that behind Jupiter's hostile constantly in flux and stormy atmosphere, there is actually a serene habitable paradise planetsphere? Maybe instead of killing each other off, we should really be lining up to volunteer for suicide space missions to discover unknown frontiers? Is that the real purpose of humanity? Is that why we have this inextinguishable atavistic desire to plant our seeds in every woman we see? Is the current COVID-19 pandemic preparing the world for a boom in babies by making available lots of ladies for single and possibly philandering married men? Is polygamy finally going to be officially acceptable? Are women going to finally realize that jealousy makes no sense and that all women should be united in their mission to have more and more babies? Is the entire world on the brink of becoming Africa? Is that when the inhabitants of Wakanda will come out of hiding and then share their unique magical technologies with us? Is that when races will cease to exist as anyone and everyone will cohabit with anyone and everyone and thus the babies born will no longer have different complexions and everyone will look alike and we will become the insects of the universe? Please help my inquisitive mind search for the answers to these mysteries. Together we can and we will prevail. Wakanda forever!

EDIT: spelling correction.
Last edited by Igor_Kavinski on Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 am

This is me when I die:

I will finally be set free.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:28 am

You know how some women keep laughing for no reason? That's coz the ghosts of their lovers from their past lives won't stop tickling them. Now if you were to ask me where they get tickled, respect their privacy, man! That's a private matter between the lady and her ghosts.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:05 am

https://www.lumen.me/how-it-works

Fascinating. Did not know that keto diet resulted in less CO2 exhalation. I can see the future now: all of us and our livestock eating specialized meals that keep our bodies burning ketones and making a significant dent in our carbon footprint. That also prompted a crazy evil thought in my head: what if the source of a lot of our problems is our taste buds? Think about it: we spend so much time thinking and obsessing about what we want to eat. Why? Because taste. What if there was NO taste? Then we would eat the bare minimum to survive. It would become just another function of our body to survive like breathing. Imagine a world like that. And if babies are born like that, they would never know what they are missing. End of the obesity epidemic. Degenerative diseases no more. Drastic reduction in medical care cost. Sweeping changes that would transform the world as we know it. I think I deserve a Nobel prize for this brilliant, unprecedented, ground breaking, earth shattering and mind blowing idea.

https://www.laweekly.com/turn-off-your- ... r-protein/

And how do we stop tasting altogether?

So it seems the question is already being asked. But I still answered why we should stop tasting and the ramifications that follow naturally from it.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:23 am

Me wonders where whm1974 is. What does whm stand for, anyway? White Horny Man? Wanking Huge Mongoose? White Hot Mama? Was Hard Momentarily? Will Have Money? Wife Had Me? Whale High Mother? What Horse Mufasa? Will He Mind? Wish Hell Monkey?

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:00 am

The future of AI: junior has one. So does grandma. People don't really work anymore. Their AIs do it for them. People just spend their time doing whatever they feel like doing and occasionally fine tune their AI's parameters to suit their preferences. TR forums are no more unfortunately. They crumbled under the sheer load of angry posts made by the AIs of Vrock's kids.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
Vrock wrote:
I bet Igor is bought into those body cleanse treatments. What say you, Igor? What's the best way for me to detoxify my body?

Drink avocado (only avocado blended into a thick paste) mixed with gum arabic four days straight two or three times a day. You can drink water as much as you want. This should get your body to lose a lot of senescent cells and regenerate new ones.

If it's a liver detox you are after, drink one lemon squeezed into warm water first thing in the morning.

Grapefruit juice and watermelon juice only fast would also do the trick. I did that for 5 or 6 days straight when I was faced with a life threatening condition. I'm here now, so it worked by the Grace of God.

EDIT: If you would rather not do fasts, avocado mixed with strawberries and three teaspoons of gum arabic with normal meals is a great way to rejuvenate your body. Strawberries and (to a lesser extent) cucumbers contain Fisetin which has been shown to block the mTor pathway. Fisetin is fat soluble so best to eat strawberries with meals or in a milk shake.

In fact, it breaks my heart to see strawberries going to waste at my local supermarket. They price them out of the common man's reach and then they just sit there rotting.

You do know that there is no such thing as Detox don't you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detoxific ... e_medicine)

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:40 pm

whm1974 wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detoxification_(alternative_medicine)

Yes, there is. Use Neprinol. You will be amazed to see all the gunk coming out of you. I-S-H-I-T-Y-O-U-N-O-T!

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:01 pm

You can get that by eating a jar of expired mayonaise.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:31 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

Yes, there is. Use Neprinol. You will be amazed to see all the gunk coming out of you. I-S-H-I-T-Y-O-U-N-O-T!

Which is Paracetamol, also has Adverse effects if overdosed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetam ... se_effects

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:33 am

ludi wrote:

Nope. Neprinol clears out excess accumulated fibrin from the body. Only side effect, if taken too much, is thinning of blood and interference with blood clotting. But it states that clearly on the label and no one in their right mind should take that warning lightly.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:33 am

whm1974 wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

Which is Paracetamol, also has Adverse effects if overdosed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetam ... se_effects

I'm sorry but Neprinol bears no relation to Paracetamol whatsoever.

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:38 am

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
ludi wrote:

Nope. Neprinol clears out excess accumulated fibrin from the body. Only side effect, if taken too much, is thinning of blood and interference with blood clotting. But it states that clearly on the label and no one in their right mind should take that warning lightly.

You think? You're messing with the body's primary wound-arresting mechanism for no good reason?

Stick with the expired mayonaise.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

DiMaestro
Gerbil Elite

Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:40 am

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
y friend (whose diabetes is in remission) and a colleague of mine.

As a diabetic I can tell you 'no that doesn't happen'. Diabetes doesn't go into remission. It *can* be controlled by diet, but it never, ever goes away.

And Hi Igor.

<this is the weirdest bot I've ever seen>

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:46 pm

DiMaestro wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

As a diabetic I can tell you 'no that doesn't happen'. Diabetes doesn't go into remission. It *can* be controlled by diet, but it never, ever goes away.

And Hi Igor.

Ah, wonderful, another skeptic :D

https://www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk ... nguageId=1
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/media/wwwnclacuk/ ... esults.pdf

I'm very sleepy right now so can't post better links. But welcome to a new understanding of T2D! :)

DiMaestro
Gerbil Elite

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
DiMaestro wrote:
Igor_Kavinski wrote:

And Hi Igor.

Ah, wonderful, another skeptic :D

https://www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk ... nguageId=1
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/media/wwwnclacuk/ ... esults.pdf

I'm very sleepy right now so can't post better links. But welcome to a new understanding of T2D! :)

A diabetic. Weee isn't being on the internet fun? Does your Mum know you're up this late?

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:54 pm

DiMaestro wrote:
A diabetic. Weee isn't being on the internet fun? Does your Mum know you're up this late?

Seriously, man. Read up on the links I provided. It will lay waste to what you think you knew about T2D. Basic theory is that your liver and pancreas is storing fat which it shouldn't do under normal circumstances. This stored fat absorbs iron from the animal foods we eat so much. This iron is what causes the pancreatic beta cells to stop secreting insulin. You go on a fasting diet, get rid of a huge amount of fat, get all thin and lanky and suddenly you will find that your insulin sensitivity improves a whole lot. That's what my friend did. He went on a 15 day diet of just 200g of rice two or three times a day with one serving of fruit and a little salad. He cut out all fats from his diet during that period. His blood sugar normalized on the 3rd day but I told him to keep going so his body could remove all the extra fat from his internal organs. After 15 days, he is now living a normal non-diabetic life without ever having to use any drugs. I know sounds unreal but this is really what happened. It might not be so easy in people who have lived with diabetes for a number of years. My friend was lucky enough to do something about his diabetes in the early stages.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:00 pm

ludi wrote:
You're messing with the body's primary wound-arresting mechanism for no good reason?

Our body's ability to dissolve excess fibrin declines with age. This excess fibrin can lead to degenerative diseases. One of my friends has multiple sclerosis. She was undergoing conventional treatments and her condition was worsening day by day. Her emails became less frequent because she was finding it harder and harder to type. Just moving her muscles became a chore. I literally begged her to try proteolytic enzymes. She knew she had nothing to lose so after reading about the experiences of other MS sufferers on some forum, she decided to try Neprinol. Within a week, she was able to walk about without much difficulty. She is now the president of a non-profit that distributes Neprinol to MS patients for free. Not only did she change her life, but now she is making a positive impact on the life of other MS sufferers.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:03 am

As a cautionary tale for someone addicted to the taste of Extra Virgin Coconut oil, I developed peripheral artery disease in my legs after consuming two tablespoons of the stuff for two or three months. Thankfully, it went away after I stopped that. This was around two years ago.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:08 am

What's been your experience with forgetfully walking around with unzipped pants? I mean, walking OUTSIDE for all the world to see. In my experience, people are too nice to tell you for fear of embarrassing you or they just enjoy watching you go about your business in your ignorant bliss, all the while chuckling inside and probably telling their friends behind your back. I make a point to inform anyone if they have forgotten to unzip their pants. I think it's horrid not to tell them.

just brew it!
Administrator

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:35 am

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
As a cautionary tale for someone addicted to the taste of Extra Virgin Coconut oil, I developed peripheral artery disease in my legs after consuming two tablespoons of the stuff for two or three months. Thankfully, it went away after I stopped that. This was around two years ago.

Well, it's a lot of saturated fat... that can't be good for you. Seems like it could've been a coincidence though; did you have any other unhealthy habits (diet or otherwise) concurrently?

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
What's been your experience with forgetfully walking around with unzipped pants? I mean, walking OUTSIDE for all the world to see. In my experience, people are too nice to tell you for fear of embarrassing you or they just enjoy watching you go about your business in your ignorant bliss, all the while chuckling inside and probably telling their friends behind your back.

FWIW, I have NEVER had someone else come up to me and say "Hey, so-and-so's pants are unzipped!" (Well, at least not since like 6th grade, anyway.) Most people grow out of that kind of thing.

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
I make a point to inform anyone if they have forgotten to unzip their pants. I think it's horrid not to tell them.

Yeah, forgetting to UNzip is pretty bad, since you invariably end up with a large wet spot on the front of your pants. I'm not sure how you're checking on this though, unless you're just pointing out the wet spot after the fact... :wink:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:22 am

just brew it! wrote:
Well, it's a lot of saturated fat... that can't be good for you. Seems like it could've been a coincidence though; did you have any other unhealthy habits (diet or otherwise) concurrently?

Nah. I did have badly controlled diabetes back then so that must have been one reason.

just brew it! wrote:
Yeah, forgetting to UNzip is pretty bad, since you invariably end up with a large wet spot on the front of your pants. I'm not sure how you're checking on this though, unless you're just pointing out the wet spot after the fact... :wink:

Damn. My bad. That's what lack of sleep does to you. I meant "forgetting to zip" pants.

DiMaestro
Gerbil Elite

Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
What's been your experience with forgetfully walking around with unzipped pants? I mean, walking OUTSIDE for all the world to see. In my experience, people are too nice to tell you for fear of embarrassing you or they just enjoy watching you go about your business in your ignorant bliss, all the while chuckling inside and probably telling their friends behind your back. I make a point to inform anyone if they have forgotten to unzip their pants. I think it's horrid not to tell them.

Igor, I generally use 7zip, so it'll warn me if my stuff is hanging out (no one else will cause well, you know:P).

You are the weirdest bot I've ever seen. I think I might like you.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:32 pm

When I was working in Dubai, one day after I left work, I was told by the boss to get a Lenovo Thinkpad ASAP. So I hurriedly got home and by then it was already 8 PM thanks to the traffic. Changed into my casual wear of T-shirt and jeans and forgot to zip my pants. The streets and pavements were pretty crowded, as they normally are in that part of Dubai so I don't think anyone really noticed but there was one shopkeeper who looked at me and smiled and greeted me like he knew me. I had never seen him before. I greeted him back and hurried on. After a while, I saw these two young looking (late teens I suppose) girls (Arab, likely Egyptian/Jordanian/Lebanese) walking in front of me who kept taking turns looking back at me and giggling. I didn't think much of it since I had to get to the computer market before it closed. Suddenly, one of the girls (a real pretty one) does an about face and I had to really stop myself from crashing into her. The last thing I saw, before sidestepping and moving on, was that she was looking dead into my eyes with a slight grin. To this day, I wonder what she was up to. What did she want? Was she the one for me? Or was she just being naughty/playful coz of a dare from her friend? Did she think I was walking around with unzipped pants on purpose and maybe wanted some? Or did she want to make fun of me? Just sad that I will never know.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Fri May 01, 2020 9:06 am

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04- ... ebris.html

Have to respect Dr. Maiken Nedergaard. She seems to have the gift to discover stuff that others overlooked.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Thu May 07, 2020 1:23 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

Despite various publications of results where hand washing reduced mortality to below 1%, Semmelweis's observations conflicted with the established scientific and medical opinions of the time and his ideas were rejected by the medical community. Semmelweis could offer no acceptable scientific explanation for his findings, and some doctors were offended at the suggestion that they should wash their hands and mocked him for it. In 1865, the increasingly outspoken Semmelweis supposedly suffered a nervous breakdown and was committed to an asylum by his colleague. He died a mere 14 days later, at the age of 47, after being beaten by the guards, from a gangrenous wound on his right hand which might have been caused by the beating. Semmelweis's practice earned widespread acceptance only years after his death, when Louis Pasteur confirmed the germ theory, and Joseph Lister, acting on the French microbiologist's research, practised and operated using hygienic methods, with great success.

I so feel sorry for this guy and I can totally relate to him because just like him, I am unable to provide scientific proof for my ideas. Guess I won't be here when my ideas are finally accepted. Sad but I guess this is how human history works. Treat pioneers like **** during their lifetimes and revere them after death.

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Thu May 07, 2020 1:35 am

https://helix.northwestern.edu/article/ ... -free-will

Good to know that physics supports the idea that everything is pre-determined and we are just spectators. It means that my foolishness is not my fault and I shouldn't regret all the bad things I managed to do because they were "meant" to happen for reasons I am unable to fathom. For all I know, my bad actions did the world some good. And maybe my good actions are causing havoc as we speak.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu May 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Igor_Kavinski wrote:
whm1974 wrote:

I've already eaten at Taco Bell once this year.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Redocbew

Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
I've already eaten at Taco Bell Hell once this year.

Fixed.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.