Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: Roasted peanut oil. Anyone cook with/or use it?

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 am

whm1974 wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
Why in the World did they use Olive Oil for? :o :roll:

That was what they had. I'm sure the recipe called for something more neutral like canola or corn oil.

So why didn't they just go to store buy some?

I don't recall. Might've been in a hurry because they were making it for a party. That's probably it since IIRC it wasn't anyone in my immediate family, so it would've probably been at a party of some sort.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:54 am

just brew it! wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
That was what they had. I'm sure the recipe called for something more neutral like canola or corn oil.

So why didn't they just go to store buy some?

I don't recall. Might've been in a hurry because they were making it for a party. That's probably it since IIRC it wasn't anyone in my immediate family, so it would've probably been at a party of some sort.

Ho long does it take to bake a cake? I never baked one, so I wouldn't know. To be honest, for party for a group of grade school kids, I'll properly be more likely to my world famous Cornmeal Pancakes... Just add some extra stuff to the batter like dark chocolate chips with some roasted peanut oil... Or something. Maybe kids around that age would like that better anyway... It would be a small amount of oil however.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Any special brands anyone like to use?

just brew it!
Administrator

Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:51 am

For roasted peanut oil? Don't think I've ever used it, so my answer would be "N/A".

For regular peanut oil it's just whatever they have at the grocery store. Store brand, typically.

For roasted sesame oil it's also whatever they have at the grocery store (which is usually Kadoya brand).
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:39 am

just brew it! wrote:
For roasted peanut oil? Don't think I've ever used it, so my answer would be "N/A".

For regular peanut oil it's just whatever they have at the grocery store. Store brand, typically.

For roasted sesame oil it's also whatever they have at the grocery store (which is usually Kadoya brand).

Well I want the unrefined stuff so.... I'm not even sure if the discount store I go to even carries peanut oil. I go to Ruler Foods, which is owned by Krogers.