Would you like a cookie?

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Vaccinated?

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:11 pm

Vrock wrote:
Would you like a cookie?

No, we'd like plague carriers like yourself to stop being so stupid. :wink:
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:03 pm

You should just take the cookie and STFU.

Deathright
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:50 am

I am in a control group not getting the jab. I thank all you brave souls getting the jab and please report your side effects.
Network theory sucks.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Side effects may include smugness and/or an undeserved sense of superiority.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:09 pm

Side effects from first Moderna, basically nothing.

Side effects from second Moderna - 102 fever and fatigue for 2 days. Expected it going in and took time off of work.

Side effects from both: 90%+ reduced chance to catch COVID and hand it on, and if I get it, it's dramatically less likely to be serious, even the new variant that idiots like Vrock continue to harbor and clog up hospitals with.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:12 pm

At this point I'm only doing it to piss you off.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:43 pm

Then you're an idiot actively working against your own interests. Enjoy lockdown again.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:43 pm

Waco wrote:
Then you're an idiot actively working against your own interests. Enjoy lockdown again.
Yeah, cause those worked so well before, right?

I didn't participate in "lockdown" (whatever that means) the first time around, and have no plans on participating if it comes again. Also, I have a county sheriff who isn't a blithering idiot and who won't enforce unconstitutional executive orders. Also, I have antibodies, because like 100 million plus other Americans, I got COVID-19 and survived. And by survived, I mean it was like a bad cold, with some lingering sense of smell/taste issues.

I suspect that if it happens again, more people will join me. Everyone is tired of this overreaction to a minor virus.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:40 pm

Vrock wrote:
Everyone is tired of this overreaction to a minor virus.

Everyone is tired of morons like you pretending it's minor.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:45 am

Waco wrote:
Vrock wrote:
Everyone is tired of this overreaction to a minor virus.

Everyone is tired of morons like you pretending it's minor.

Yeah, no.

Yes, we get it. You don't understand statistics.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 am

Yes, correct, you don't understand statistics.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:37 pm

Yes, we get it. You 're obsessed with me.

Shouefref
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:40 am

It's incredible: each time you make a remark about Covid or the anti-corona vaccin, the anti-vaxxers react.
They really can't shut up.
They're a virus themselves.
It's very much the latest variant of trolls.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:48 am

Shouefref wrote:
It's incredible: each time you make a remark about Covid or the anti-corona vaccin, the anti-vaxxers react.
They really can't shut up.
They're a virus themselves.
It's very much the latest variant of trolls.

Not sure how you define a "anti-vaxxer", but it's silly and narcissistic to broadcast your vaccine status as some kind of major achievement. I know that with social media these days, people are fascinated with sharing mundane things like pictures of their food, their feet on a beach, and their "vaccine story"....it reminds me of those forum posters who have their system specs in their signature. Nobody cares. If you broadcast this silly stuff, expect to be treated like a silly person.

Shouefref
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:28 am

Not sure how you define a "anti-vaxxer", but it's silly and narcissistic to broadcast your vaccine status as some kind of major achievement. I

It is not.
I'm merely testifying that not everybody is an anti-vaxxers and that not everbody gives in to myths about vaccination.
Anyway: if it's silly that somebody broadcasts his vaccine status, then it's silly too to broadcast your anti-vax ideas and you beliefs that there is not such a thing as a deadly pandemic.

Shouefref
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:29 am

Vrock wrote:
Waco wrote:
I suspect that if it happens again, more people will join me. Everyone is tired of this overreaction to a minor virus.

I's actually becoming worse because of people who do not take it serious.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:40 am

Shouefref wrote:
Not sure how you define a "anti-vaxxer", but it's silly and narcissistic to broadcast your vaccine status as some kind of major achievement. I

It is not.
I'm merely testifying that not everybody is an anti-vaxxers and that not everbody gives in to myths about vaccination.
Anyway: if it's silly that somebody broadcasts his vaccine status, then it's silly too to broadcast your anti-vax ideas and you beliefs that there is not such a thing as a deadly pandemic.
I haven't "broadcasted" any anti-vax ideas, sport. I'd wager I'm vaccinated for stuff you aren't. Not that it matters. Nor have I denied the deadliness of COVID-19. Hint: it's very small.

tfp
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:50 am

Shouefref wrote:
Vrock wrote:
Waco wrote:

I's actually becoming worse because of people who do not take it serious.

Actually it's not, look at any COVID graphic over the time of the pandemic.

The Swamp
Gerbil Elite

Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:23 pm

I've heard people say they won't get the experimental injection because someone has to stay behind to bury all of the sheep.

I got the J&J, although I'm not happy about it. None of these injections are anywhere close to completing Phase 3 clinical trials. Those usually take up to 4 years. For a radically new, untested type of injection using highly experimental tech, like mRNA, it should be 6 years. Of course, all of that was skipped in favor of getting this stuff, whatever it actually is, into people as part of the testing phase. No matter who says what, unless they have a time machine or a crystal ball, it will be years before we know what this stuff does to people long-term. Anyone who says otherwise is guessing and hoping. And, the best news is that if these injections turn out to cause all sorts of very nasty side effects, the manufacturers are completely off the hook. They have full immunity from suit. They won't even pay for your funeral if their concoctions kill you. They have even less confidence in their own product than those who won't bend the knee.

If our big brother government is so worried and afraid of this virus, why have they opened the southern border? Hundreds of thousands of unvaccinated illegals are pouring through and being bussed all over the country. Sure, they want to change the demographics to create their uniparty. But what about the 4th wave they are deliberately creating? If the government was truly that terrified of Covid, the southern border would be locked down tighter than a drum. So many questions, so few answers.
I wish I had gone to med school.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:43 pm

J&J isn't an mRNA shot, so you got that going for you. Which is nice.

cphite
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:36 am

The Swamp wrote:
I've heard people say they won't get the experimental injection because someone has to stay behind to bury all of the sheep.

I got the J&J, although I'm not happy about it. None of these injections are anywhere close to completing Phase 3 clinical trials. Those usually take up to 4 years. For a radically new, untested type of injection using highly experimental tech, like mRNA, it should be 6 years. Of course, all of that was skipped in favor of getting this stuff, whatever it actually is, into people as part of the testing phase.

The reason this stuff usually takes 4-6 years is in very large part due to waiting around for the FDA and other agencies. The big change in this case was that the vaccines were given priority over anything else - so when the drug companies completed a testing stage, instead of waiting a year or more for those results to even be acknowledge, they were reviewed immediately.

The J&J vaccine is a traditional one that uses a deactivated virus; that technology has been around for decades. There is nothing experimental about it. And the mRNA vaccines, while new in terms of being available to the public, have been under research since the early 1990s - they aren't nearly as new as most folks seem to believe. Also, much of the research that has led to either form of vaccine is based very heavily on SARS research started over a decade ago; which is a different type of corona virus. it just turned out that SARS never got enough traction to warrant a massive vaccine operation.

No matter who says what, unless they have a time machine or a crystal ball, it will be years before we know what this stuff does to people long-term. Anyone who says otherwise is guessing and hoping. And, the best news is that if these injections turn out to cause all sorts of very nasty side effects, the manufacturers are completely off the hook. They have full immunity from suit. They won't even pay for your funeral if their concoctions kill you. They have even less confidence in their own product than those who won't bend the knee.

So far we have nearly 4.5 billion people vaccinated, over many months; which is more than enough data to begin to see trends towards long term effects. And so far, the data is has been positive.

If our big brother government is so worried and afraid of this virus, why have they opened the southern border? Hundreds of thousands of unvaccinated illegals are pouring through and being bussed all over the country. Sure, they want to change the demographics to create their uniparty. But what about the 4th wave they are deliberately creating? If the government was truly that terrified of Covid, the southern border would be locked down tighter than a drum. So many questions, so few answers.

That one is easy. The democrat party's obsession with padding the electorate with voters who will vote for them takes precedence over any concern they have for public health.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:36 pm

cphite wrote:
And so far, the data is has been positive.

Wildly, almost unequivocally, positive.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:18 pm

Waco wrote:
cphite wrote:

Isn't it amazing what the private sector can do when they're unshackled from government regulation and pesky things like legal liability?

cphite
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:44 am

Vrock wrote:
Waco wrote:
cphite wrote:

Isn't it amazing what the private sector can do when they're unshackled from government regulation and pesky things like legal liability?

Yes.

One of the takeaways from this thing should be how horribly inefficient the FDA has been when it comes to reviewing and approving these things. What we saw with these vaccines is what happens when the process is actually allowed to proceed at the same rate as testing - not waiting for months or years between steps for the bureaucracy to get around to doing their part.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:44 am

cphite wrote:
One of the takeaways from this thing should be how horribly inefficient the FDA has been when it comes to reviewing and approving these things. What we saw with these vaccines is what happens when the process is actually allowed to proceed at the same rate as testing - not waiting for months or years between steps for the bureaucracy to get around to doing their part.

Yep.

That said, the FDA fvcked up big time with the approval of that new Alzheimer's "treatment".

Vrock
Gerbil God

Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:43 am

cphite wrote:
Vrock wrote:
Waco wrote:

Yes.

One of the takeaways from this thing should be how horribly inefficient the FDA has been when it comes to reviewing and approving these things.
Well, it's the government, so....

cphite wrote:
What we saw with these vaccines is what happens when the process is actually allowed to proceed at the same rate as testing - not waiting for months or years between steps for the bureaucracy to get around to doing their part.
Mostly agree, but giving companies a get-out-of-jail free card regarding legal liability is not a good idea.

cphite
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:42 am

Waco wrote:
cphite wrote:

Yep.

That said, the FDA fvcked up big time with the approval of that new Alzheimer's "treatment".

Yeah, no kidding... that one puts a pretty damn big dent in their credibility.