Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

amysuper12
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Communication problems with partner

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:25 pm

Hi back porch people, just wanted to come up here and rant but mostly ask for y'all's opinion. So my husband and I have been fighting a lot, just small fights here and there, but it's still pretty annoying. I feel like he's really reluctant when it comes to trying new things or accepting new ideas. For example, one of our recent debates was about the best method to evaluate teaching quality. Him being a school teacher believes that it's easiest to compare students' grades, but I think it's ridiculous and unfair. I tried convincing him by sharing how I wasn't the best at tests in high school but my teachers the most hardworking person I've ever met. I even gave some other methods for him to try; based on my personal profession as an integrator, I suggested that he could try recording teachers' behavior in class and use that as data to perform any type of evaluation or analysis. However, he turned down my advice without giving it much thought, and now I'm just pissed. What do you guys think about the whole teaching quality evaluation thing and how do you guys communicate with your significant other?

Vrock
Gerbil God

Re: Communication problems with partner

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:52 am

My wife has a hard time hearing me all the way in the kitchen.

SecretMaster
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:27 am

I wonder if the new owners are getting paid to test experimental spambots in the forums. All these CCTV/filming posts seem like a nascent machine learning bot trying to figure out how to fit in naturally. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98k05_bM2e4

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 am

SecretMaster wrote:
I wonder if the new owners are getting paid to test experimental spambots in the forums.

Based on what is getting posted...yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm

Are the bots becoming more like Gen Z, or is Gen Z becoming more like the bots? This Gen Xer is apathetic about all of it.