Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

paco
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Ford GT

Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:43 am

Well a few days ago I had to get some repairs done to my truck so I took it to my ford dealer and when I was walking out a noticed a Ford GT sitting in the show room. I was like wow a Ford dealer w/ a Ford GT in a town with about 10k people in it. I didn't bother to really look at it because there were a lot of salesmen around it. But as luck would have it something else goes wrong with my truck so I took it back in early today, so I stop to have a look at the car. I looked at the MSRP and see it's a mere $150K, not bad ;). Then I look at the dealers asking price $230K! Yikes they are asking more than $80k than the vehicle is worth. A salesmen said they had gotten offers of $200k but they turned them down. I guess they can do that when only 1500 of these cars are being made.

danazar
Gerbil Elite

Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:48 am

Local dealer here had one of those and sold it. I asked what it went for, and he said $230k. I guess that's fair market value :roll:

Granted, I'd pay $230k for one if I had that kind of money to blow on a car worry-free. But I certainly don't.

house
Gerbil Elite

Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:05 am

Should of asked for a test drive :wink:

danazar
Gerbil Elite

Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:20 am

house wrote:
Should of asked for a test drive :wink:

I know this was a joke, but seriously... Ford dealerships tend not to allow test drives on Mustang GTs unless you make some kind of effort to show you wanna buy in the immediate future. (As in, a cash deposit, getting credit pre-approval, or something of that nature.) The V6 models, they're doing test drives now because of how overstocked they're doing, but in general the best they'll do with the Mustang GTs, at least around here, is offering to let you sit in them, until you start flashing cash.

There were no such things as test-drives in the Ford GT. If you showed up with the money and said you wanted to see if you fit in the car before you bought it, they'd probably let you sit in it first to gauge your comfort level, but your "test drive" would likely consist of your trip from the lot to whatever environmentally-controlled storage facility you were gonna be keeping the car in.

anand
Gerbil Elite

Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:01 am

There's actually a website set up dedicated to tracking the price of the GT:

http://www.fordgtprices.com/pages/9/index.htm

$230k is well above the norm at this point in time. Buy your GT somewhere else! :lol:

danny e.
Maximum Gerbil

Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:23 am

hmm i'd rather have an NSX
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:04 am

I'd rather have a Koenigsegg, granted not for the price of a gt, but still. Sa-weeet.

Still, not a bad looking card, I'd never pay that much for "a collectors". Collecting cars is a bit esoteric for me when I know there are people who can make much better use of that money.

VaTech Hokie
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:55 pm

Its funny for a 230 g vehicle with only 1200 made they sure do **** break alot. They had to recall the first few due to suspension problems ie **** breaking can read about it in last months Fast Ford if you want. Looks like SVT fooked up big time...they are catching some heat...of course if my 230 grand **** mobile crapped out and got me hurt because it veered of the road id be a little peeved to. But The Shelby Mustang looks sweet and its Blown :D
Always Proud to be Hokie