Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

 
NeXus 6
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:47 am

kitsura wrote:
NeXus 6> Just because I'm using AMD doesn't make me pro AMD and I resent that implication. I'm more pro price-to-performance if you've to put it that way. Its equivalent to calling people who watched Brokeback Mountain pro-gay, ridiculous!

I can't speak for other AMD users however this is my personal opinion.


Where did I say you or any other AMD user was? I was just simply stating the obvious. Hang in these forums long enough and you will get a better idea of what I mean.
 
zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3998
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: The dark side of the moon
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:10 am

The basic point here is both sides are acting like fools and over nothing concrete.

Once I see 3rd party testing to confirm this will I even consider it. Though it does appear Intel has a winner on their hands. No one has confirmed it. Also we don't know what AMD is going to have ready when conroe actually arrives. Its six months out for cry out loud.

I favor no camp. I go where the best price/performance is at the time when I am ready to buy.

Sometimes its AMD, sometimes its Intel.

The point is there are people acting like complete asses on the front page. And it is pointless. Corporations will take advantage of the common man if they have the power. Yet, the common man acts like company A is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Intel could be making their processors with soylent green for all we know. Point is its childish and pointless. Competition in the market place is great. These two companies can make CPU that compete for the next 50 years for all I care. Means faster, cooler, and cheaper CPUs for me.

Everyone needs to get over themselves.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.
 
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
Posts: 25542
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:12 am

A_Pickle wrote:
[snipped]

It's always in the delivery. Compare these:
Version A wrote:
AT/TR/Hexus ran some tests, results look good so far. I'm excited.

Version B wrote:
AT/TR/Hexus ran some tests, results are extraordinary. I told you so!

It's the "flame material" that puts you on the way to fanboy. Notice there is no "AMD is teh suck" or "Intel is lying", but the fact that they are preliminary numbers and some that dismiss them completely or treat them as undeniable truth, are both extreme ends of the spectrum. And it is those extreme that is on the way to fanboyism.

Deal with the numbers, don't try to speculate too much and include flame material.

And calling yourself a "fan" of the comapny just doesn't make sense. You like the products they put out, you may even like some of the charitable things the company has done, but are you working for the company so you have to defend it? Do you sleep in their HQ or you have an Intel-logo'ed bed? I think you just like the products...
 
kitsura
Gerbil Team Leader
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:39 pm
Location: In front of my computer, Duh...

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:16 am

NeXus 6 wrote:
Where did I say you or any other AMD user was? I was just simply stating the obvious. Hang in these forums long enough and you will get a better idea of what I mean.

NeXus 6 wrote:
Probably because you're outnumbered. TR is made up of mostly AMD users and even saying you "like Intel CPUs" is blasphemy. Look around here long enough and you can tell what is favored and what is not. It's "okay" to discuss the technology, but to say you prefer "Intel" to "AMD" is met with a lot of flak from the TR regulars. You're labeled a "fanboy" because of it.

NeXus 6 wrote:
I'd mostly ignore that since who are you to tell others what's "appropriate"? People have the right to speak their mind. Some pro Intel people are just overly excited about Conroe. It's the pro AMD crowd that are the ones pissing, moaning, and spreading FUD. Predictable behavior here at TR.
 
zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3998
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: The dark side of the moon
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:36 am

totoro wrote:
FroBozz_Inc wrote:
z-man wrote:
I just want to know who is providing the food? :wink:


Look deep within yourself, the answer will come. :D


I'm not sure I like where this is headed. :o


LMAO!!! Unless you've been living under a rock or missed the BBQ threads. I supply the burgers and dogs, along with handling the cooking duties.

Though, my little grill finally bought the farm last year, and the other one can't be moved.

I've even been thinking of how to have my top secret baby back ribs this year, but those **** take at least 6 hours to prepare. Maybe I'll invest in a big slow cooker to keep them warm and just get up at like 4am to prepare them.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."

If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.
 
NeXus 6
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:54 am

kitsura wrote:
NeXus 6 wrote:
Where did I say you or any other AMD user was? I was just simply stating the obvious. Hang in these forums long enough and you will get a better idea of what I mean.

NeXus 6 wrote:
Probably because you're outnumbered. TR is made up of mostly AMD users and even saying you "like Intel CPUs" is blasphemy. Look around here long enough and you can tell what is favored and what is not. It's "okay" to discuss the technology, but to say you prefer "Intel" to "AMD" is met with a lot of flak from the TR regulars. You're labeled a "fanboy" because of it.

NeXus 6 wrote:
I'd mostly ignore that since who are you to tell others what's "appropriate"? People have the right to speak their mind. Some pro Intel people are just overly excited about Conroe. It's the pro AMD crowd that are the ones pissing, moaning, and spreading FUD. Predictable behavior here at TR.


Again, stating the obvious. :roll:
 
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil
Posts: 7363
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:35 am
Location: Hockeytown, MI

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:01 am

z-man wrote:
LMAO!!! Unless you've been living under a rock or missed the BBQ threads. I supply the burgers and dogs, along with handling the cooking duties.

Though, my little grill finally bought the farm last year, and the other one can't be moved.

I've even been thinking of how to have my top secret baby back ribs this year, but those **** take at least 6 hours to prepare. Maybe I'll invest in a big slow cooker to keep them warm and just get up at like 4am to prepare them.


I'm liking the sound of Chef Z-Man's top secret "baby back baby back baby back....ribs" at this years TRBBQ! w00t 8)
Three cheers for ZMAN! hip hip Hooray!
 
Logan[TeamX]
Gerbil First Class
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:28 am
Location: Sitting here, making sure you don't crash
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:04 am

It's funny because I recall AMD showing their 8-way, dual-core HP box. There was no official testing time by any sites, and that was fine. There was only a wink and a nod and a demonstrated capacity to inflict harm.

Said news made TR's front page. There was nowhere NEAR the BBQ factor. Why? Because AMD doesn't incite this level of fanaticism. Never has. They don't need to.

Intel demos a new, in-the-works product - which is all Conroe is until it's released BTW, but then proceeds to attempt a live skewering of AMD. Not cool.

Intel is quite aware of what many folks think of its "testing", considering he compiler kerfuffle. They trodded on, unabashedly open in their provocation.

Noone was allowed to even inspect the inside of the AMD box. Why is that? Surely the hardware within was all retail-available. Surely Intel had nothing to hide.

There were no memory benchmarks, a sure measure of an AMD64's gaming prowess. I really don't care if they were to give memory latency / bandwidth numbers for their still-in-seclusion wonderdog processor, but at least let the AMD guys take it on the chin knowing that the system was configured directly.

For all we know, the damn thing wasn't even in dual-channel mode. The settings were apparently 2-2-2-?, 1T command rate. But considering the board couldn't recognize the damn processor correctly, how do we really know that they configured the system fairly? We don't. That's not fanboyism, that's the truth.

As I said in the orignal news post... this is exactly why Intel declined to come to AMD's dual-core duel. Because they knew there were going to get horribly owned. So now they launch a better product, make a huge hullabaloo about it, and hope to hell everyone that remembers that they were called out months before by AMD doesn't care, or just flat out doesn't remember.

I guarantee you I won't forget. Someone made a comment saying that P4 vs K7 was fair. Sure it was, and Intel had the better offering. K8 vs P4 is fair. Sure it is. And K8 rips any P4 a new ass.

Someone also had the audacity to say that comparing the Conroe to the K8 is fair as the K8 is currently available. Well, you invalidated your own argument as K8 is currently available while Conroe isn't.

I'd hope that AMD would take an available dual-core, bring out a quad core sample, and smash the dual-core to smithereens. While it would be valid by your argument, it wouldn't be fair. It would be bloody.

Am I an AMD defender? Yup. I've got a lot more faith in the little guy to do right by me than the fat cat with the dancing men in spacesuits feeding me carefully-worded pablum that obviously has zero representation on how the processor actually performs.
Systems Admin for an international mining contractor.

Specialties: network security and monitoring, network design - VLANs, BOVPNs and WAN networking, AD / DNS / AD-aware services, Exchange 2003/2007, email archiving, many hats indeed.
 
Captain Ned
Gold subscriber
Global Moderator
Posts: 28012
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:07 am

OK folks, one last chance. If all you're going to do is continue the front page battle of nitwits back here, this thread will be locked.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.
 
leor
Gold subscriber
Maximum Gerbil
Posts: 4878
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:34 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:15 am

NeXus 6 wrote:
In other words you're telling others what they have a right to say.

do u argue with your mom like that too? does she decide not to ground you when u say things like that?

i can't believe u actually said "what others have a right to say" a right???

it's that kind of dramatic nonsense that's the problem here to begin with. i was just giving an exmaple (as others have) of someone who thinks the conroe stuff is pretty cool without claiming it's the second coming of the messiah.
NeXus 6 wrote:
Probably because you're outnumbered. TR is made up of mostly AMD users and even saying you "like Intel CPUs" is blasphemy. Look around here long enough and you can tell what is favored and what is not. It's "okay" to discuss the technology, but to say you prefer "Intel" to "AMD" is met with a lot of flak from the TR regulars. You're labeled a "fanboy" because of it.

you're labeled a fanboy if you start raving about a particular company like a lunatic and you go out of your way to tear down the competitor. netburst sucks wet ass, and no one should buy anything based on it, if they have a choice. conroe looks, in all likliness to be a sick performer. and no one in their right mind would say "stay away from intel" if they are shipping a good product.

take a deep breath, relax, and remember it's just silicon . . .
 
NeXus 6
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:41 am

leor wrote:
it's that kind of dramatic nonsense that's the problem here to begin with. i was just giving an exmaple (as others have) of someone who thinks the conroe stuff is pretty cool without claiming it's the second coming of the messiah.


I'll ignore the first comment since it was quite childish. :roll:

You're just making it worse by telling someone how they should express themselves. You apparently don't like it when people get over excited over a product. How is it affecting you personally? Can't you just ignore it if it bothers you that much?
 
Justice
Gerbil Elite
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:30 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ (AKA Hell)
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:41 am

I vote to move this thread to the R&P forum, because that's all it really is.
|FN|Steel wrote:
Millions of sheep doesn't make [Censored] right.
 
A_Pickle
Gerbil Elite
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 2:10 pm
Location: Fighting the mystery meat.
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:56 am

Flying Fox wrote:
It's always in the delivery. Compare these:
Version A wrote:
AT/TR/Hexus ran some tests, results look good so far. I'm excited.


That's basically what I've been typing.

leor wrote:
you're labeled a fanboy if you start raving about a particular company like a lunatic and you go out of your way to tear down the competitor.


You mean, like you just did? "netburst sucks wet ass, and no one should buy anything based on it, if they have a choice." You say that as if it's an accepted fact, when for the few Intel fans here, it just isn't. If I were offered to trade my system for a system identical to my own but which had an Athlon 64 3200+ for the processor, I would turn it down. Does that blow your mind since, I have a processor which is "readily accepted" to "suck wet ass?" Here's a big one for you -- it's a Dell, and I like it.

I'll admit, I've harped on AMD a little bit, there's reasoning to my preferences in corporation. I've harped on Intel (Pentium D and the Prescott). I've harped on Microsoft (Windows Networking, product pricing, Windows resource management). I like every one of these corporations (yes, even AMD). Hector Ruiz is something of a personal hero to me. But I just happen to like Intel more. Why is that such a facking problem? Is it surprising to you all that I really dislike Sony? Do I even need to list off why?

leor wrote:
take a deep breath, relax, and remember it's just silicon . . .


That's ridiculous. You're basically saying, "You're a fanboy if you do this this and that, netburst sucks, just calm down and get along!" Do you realize the ridiculousness of that premise? Once again, I ask, how do I qualify as a fanboy other than, "I like Intel?"

-Pikl

PS: Respectfully, Logan[TeamX], I don't want this thread to get canned. If you want to maintain the AMD vs. Intel debate, PM me. I've got a beef with just about every one of your points, but I'm not going to challenge them here.
Sagan: Core i7 4790K + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 | Mushkin Striker 480GB | 1 TB Hitachi HD31000 HDD | Sapphire Radeon R9-290X | Rosewill Line-M
My HeatWare
The Great Graphics Card Warranty Thread
 
totoro
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author
Posts: 1097
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:11 pm

I think that TR is full of folks who like to root for the underdog, which is almost always AMD. For whatever reason. And when they made a higher performing chip, it was like "yay!"

David v. Goliath. It's fun to watch.

When David wins.

So now that INTC is apparently back on top, or will be when Conroe is released, it's sort of like watching the giant beat down the (relatively) little guy.

Again.

It's silly to be emotionally involved in a corporations well-being, but it's just not fun (for most people) to watch the juggernaut coming out on top.
 
leor
Gold subscriber
Maximum Gerbil
Posts: 4878
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:34 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:43 pm

A_Pickle wrote:
You mean, like you just did? "netburst sucks wet ass, and no one should buy anything based on it, if they have a choice."

i swear to god it's like remedial english in here, i only hope the good lord will give me the strenght to carry on.

ok, here goes: netburst is a PRODUCT, intel is a COMPANY, clear? i think ONE of intel's products is crap, it's generally agreed upon that netburst was created by the marketing department to fool ignorant people into thinking higher mhz = better performance. if i sound like that left a bad taste in my mouth, maybe that's because that left a bad taste in my mouth and i was just as harsh on nvidia (a company i prefer) and said many times that there is no reason to buy an FX product when one could get a 9600 or a 9800.
A_Pickle wrote:
That's ridiculous. You're basically saying, "You're a fanboy if you do this this and that, netburst sucks, just calm down and get along!" Do you realize the ridiculousness of that premise? Once again, I ask, how do I qualify as a fanboy other than, "I like Intel?"

if conroe is faster than AMD's offerings at lanuch, i'm going to recommend people buy a #$&@! conroe!

now as to why you would like it, maybe cause u love intel, their marketing worked on you and you want to try to look cool? or maybe your dad works for them? . . . OR maybe you're a fanboy. I mean if u would turn down a superior architecture, then you're just a big dumbass as the AMD fanboy that would turn down a free conroe if those numbers prove to be right.

i'm just guessing here u know, i'm not dictating how you are and should live your life for the next 20 years in case u were going to go there next.
Last edited by leor on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
Posts: 25542
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:44 pm

A_Pickle wrote:
Flying Fox wrote:
It's always in the delivery. Compare these:
Version A wrote:
AT/TR/Hexus ran some tests, results look good so far. I'm excited.


That's basically what I've been typing.

You have that "I told you so", "name some names" or something to that effect, which essentially are flame baits.

A_Pickle wrote:
Hector Ruiz is something of a personal hero to me.

Jerry > Hector, IMO. :)
 
Logan[TeamX]
Gerbil First Class
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:28 am
Location: Sitting here, making sure you don't crash
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:15 pm

I have nothing to hide, Pickle... so if you have something to say, say it.

Otherwise, I guarantee that not only will I make the PMs we exchange public to the board, you won't like the language I use in mine.

I've attempted to be civil, but there's only so many times I'll accept the literary equivalent of "bite the curb!" before I start to get irate.

It's a DEMO. I don't care how many sites regurgitate the same crap (TR included), I won't put a lick of weight behind this until I see two hand-built boxen slugging it out in Damage Labs.

It's new technology. That's nice. It "appears" to be better than an "overclocked" AMD dual-core. That's nice. Save the virgin sacrifices for when it's actually out there in the trenches, slaying dragons and topping benchmark charts.
Systems Admin for an international mining contractor.

Specialties: network security and monitoring, network design - VLANs, BOVPNs and WAN networking, AD / DNS / AD-aware services, Exchange 2003/2007, email archiving, many hats indeed.
 
longleaf
Gerbil Elite
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:58 am
Location: Hastings, UK

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:18 pm

I seriously envy people who can get so worked up about a tiny bit of hardware..... I just wish my life was so perfect and simple that being a fanboy was all I had to put my energy and passion into. At least some of the topics in R&P (which I briefly visit occasionally, before running out to throw myself in some cold water) are worth getting worked up about.

I reccomend anyone who's livid about AMD or INTEL to use the tried and trusted method of relaxation, grab a beer, do something totally different for an hour than reading specs on yet to be released technology, and just chill out.
 
zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3998
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: The dark side of the moon
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:26 pm

longleaf wrote:
I reccomend anyone who's livid about AMD or INTEL to use the tried and trusted method of relaxation, grab a beer, do something totally different for an hour than reading specs on yet to be released technology, and just chill out.


AMEN! Preach on Brother leaf!
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."

If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.
 
idchafee
Gold subscriber
His Holy Gerbilness
Posts: 14050
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:30 pm

longleaf wrote:
I reccomend anyone who's livid about AMD or INTEL to use the tried and trusted method of relaxation, grab a beer, do something totally different for an hour than reading specs on yet to be released technology, and just chill out.


I'd suggest having sex, but that's just me
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!
 
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
Posts: 25542
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:40 pm

idchafee wrote:
longleaf wrote:
I reccomend anyone who's livid about AMD or INTEL to use the tried and trusted method of relaxation, grab a beer, do something totally different for an hour than reading specs on yet to be released technology, and just chill out.


I'd suggest having sex, but that's just me

Problem is fanboys can't have that. Remember the immortal words of Fellow Gerbil eckslax. :)
 
longleaf
Gerbil Elite
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:58 am
Location: Hastings, UK

Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:43 pm

idchafee wrote:
longleaf wrote:
I reccomend anyone who's livid about AMD or INTEL to use the tried and trusted method of relaxation, grab a beer, do something totally different for an hour than reading specs on yet to be released technology, and just chill out.


I'd suggest having sex, but that's just me


Hey we all take what we can get yeah? lol (I thought itd be crude to say fanboys should "Stroke the Wookie") :lol:
 
A_Pickle
Gerbil Elite
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 2:10 pm
Location: Fighting the mystery meat.
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:49 pm

Flying Fox wrote:
A_Pickle wrote:
Flying Fox wrote:
It's always in the delivery. Compare these:
Version A wrote:
AT/TR/Hexus ran some tests, results look good so far. I'm excited.


That's basically what I've been typing.

You have that "I told you so", "name some names" or something to that effect, which essentially are flame baits.


I told you so? No... I haven't said I told you so. If I have, feel free to call me on it. I'm not a @^#! Porkster. I am, however, a little miffed that I've been categorized there.

As for "name some names," yeah. I would have felt extremely stupid had I gone off on some tangent in reply to leor or totoro's posts, and then either of them replying, "We weren't talking to you."

Logan[TeamX] wrote:
I have nothing to hide, Pickle... so if you have something to say, say it.


I almost did, but...

Captain Ned wrote:
OK folks, one last chance. If all you're going to do is continue the front page battle of nitwits back here, this thread will be locked.


Logan[TeamX] wrote:
It's a DEMO. I don't care how many sites regurgitate the same crap (TR included), I won't put a lick of weight behind this until I see two hand-built boxen slugging it out in Damage Labs.


You have an excellent point, there. I'm just saying that I think, demo or not, it's pretty indicative of what Conroe is going to perform like. The FX-60 system seems to score within range (actually, the Intel timedemo closed Conroe's margin of victory relative to Anandtech's timedemo).

totoro wrote:
I think that TR is full of folks who like to root for the underdog, which is almost always AMD. For whatever reason. And when they made a higher performing chip, it was like "yay!"


That's fine. I never said there was anything wrong with liking AMD.

leor wrote:
I mean if u would turn down a superior architecture, then you're just a big dumbass as the AMD fanboy that would turn down a free conroe if those numbers prove to be right.


But the 3200+ isn't as fast as my 3.0 GHz in some areas. But I must just be an Intel fanboy who doesn't know what he's talking about, and who likes Intel because his dad works there, rather than the fact that Pentium 4's perform well in the areas which matter most to me.
Sagan: Core i7 4790K + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 | Mushkin Striker 480GB | 1 TB Hitachi HD31000 HDD | Sapphire Radeon R9-290X | Rosewill Line-M
My HeatWare
The Great Graphics Card Warranty Thread
 
Vrock
Gerbil God
Posts: 22448
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: The Land of the Looney Lolcats

Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:26 pm

It's Friday night...if you're arguing about Intel vs. AMD, or even more pathetic, arguing about an argument over Intel vs. AMD, then chances are you ain't getting laid tonight. Can we all at least agree on that?

And on that note, I'm off to make dinner.
I'm not altogether on anyone's side, because no one is altogether on my side.
 
l33t-g4m3r
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Posts: 2059
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:54 am

Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:31 pm

only company im a true fanboy of is 3dfx (& to a lesser extent aureal).
i still have an older pc with a voodoo2 on it.
(hey it'll play q3 45-50fps tweaked. 3dfx ftw! WOOO! :lol: :P )

but seriously, people should just use what works best for them.
i use what i have because its the best system for me.
it may not be for everyone else, but i didnt buy it for yunz now did I?

fanboy arguments are just plain stupid, because how can anybody really know what the best is for someone else, without calculating the circumstances?
 
bhtooefr
Silver subscriber
Lord High Gerbil
Posts: 8192
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:03 pm

eckslax is right.

(Actually, Action Jim is right.)
Image
 
tfp
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3120
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:09 am

Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:05 pm

Vrock wrote:
It's Friday night...if you're arguing about Intel vs. AMD, or even more pathetic, arguing about an argument over Intel vs. AMD, then chances are you ain't getting laid tonight. Can we all at least agree on that?

And on that note, I'm off to make dinner.


As silly as the arguement over Intel/AMD is the constant not getting laid comments by other online geeks is just as stupid.
 
Vrock
Gerbil God
Posts: 22448
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: The Land of the Looney Lolcats

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:07 pm

tfp wrote:
Vrock wrote:
It's Friday night...if you're arguing about Intel vs. AMD, or even more pathetic, arguing about an argument over Intel vs. AMD, then chances are you ain't getting laid tonight. Can we all at least agree on that?

And on that note, I'm off to make dinner.


As silly as the arguement over Intel/AMD is the constant not getting laid comments by other online geeks is just as stupid.


Bah, where's your sense of humor? :P
I'm not altogether on anyone's side, because no one is altogether on my side.
 
leor
Gold subscriber
Maximum Gerbil
Posts: 4878
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:34 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:28 pm

bhtooefr wrote:
eckslax is right.
(Actually, Action Jim is right.)

action jim is always right.

pickle, i'm sorry but u were going buckwild there in the in the comments for a bit, it was almost tantamount to spam, you and jigr, shintai, prochesteronification, had liek 80% of the comments between you and all of the rest of us were looking at it like wha . . . ?

that's what started this thread to begin with, so while you might not be in moronsville with porky, you guys sure did put on quite a show for the rest of us.
 
tfp
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3120
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:09 am

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:30 pm

Vrock wrote:
Bah, where's your sense of humor? :P


Bah, work has killed it :evil:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Redocbew and 4 guests
GZIP: On