Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

 
daveagn
Gerbil XP
Topic Author
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:44 pm

New Futurama!

Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:04 am

Good news everybody! Apparently 26 more episodes of Futurama are going to be made.

Link
 
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Posts: 25404
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: Comin' to you directly from the Mothership

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:15 am

YAY! I loved Futurama!
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen
 
toxent
Gerbil Elite
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:50 pm
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:19 am

Futurama FTW!

One of my favorite animated shows of all time.

Now where the hell are my new Firefly episodes?
AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition w/Scythe Ninja HSF | ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 | GSkill 8GB(2x4GB) PC3-12800 | PowerColor Radeon 4850 512MB | Samsung Spinpont F1 1TB SATA
 
Vrock
Gerbil God
Posts: 23372
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: The Land of the Looney Lolcats

Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:15 am

Good show. I always thought Groening never gave Futurama enough attention since The Simpsons was his cash cow. Now The Simpsons is wearing out, going downhill...maybe he'll put some fresh creatitivity into Futurama.
I'm not altogether on anyone's side, because no one is altogether on my side.
 
Buub
Maximum Gerbil
Posts: 4906
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:59 am

Vrock wrote:
Good show. I always thought Groening never gave Futurama enough attention since The Simpsons was his cash cow. Now The Simpsons is wearing out, going downhill...maybe he'll put some fresh creatitivity into Futurama.

I don't think the fault lies with Groening. It was Fox and their inept management. They've screwed up more good shows...

I believe Fox treated Futurama as "the second Simpsons". Sometimes, during sporting events, they would show Futurama on the West Coast afterwards, but just completely cancel airing on the East Coast, and this would be with new episodes. They shoved it around the schedule at whim. It's no wonder that it struggled.

But yes, yay for more Futurama!
 
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Posts: 12069
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 5:55 am
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:09 am

Excellent! I loved Futurama immediatly. Glad to hear it's going to get some newness.
 
FlippedGazelle
Gerbil First Class
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:02 am
Location: Juuuust a little bit outside

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:12 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
YAY! I loved Futurama!


:D
 
Vrock
Gerbil God
Posts: 23372
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: The Land of the Looney Lolcats

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:40 pm

Buub wrote:
Vrock wrote:
Good show. I always thought Groening never gave Futurama enough attention since The Simpsons was his cash cow. Now The Simpsons is wearing out, going downhill...maybe he'll put some fresh creatitivity into Futurama.

I don't think the fault lies with Groening. It was Fox and their inept management. They've screwed up more good shows...

I believe Fox treated Futurama as "the second Simpsons". Sometimes, during sporting events, they would show Futurama on the West Coast afterwards, but just completely cancel airing on the East Coast, and this would be with new episodes. They shoved it around the schedule at whim. It's no wonder that it struggled.

But yes, yay for more Futurama!


Oh I agree that Fox screwed it up, my point was that Groening really didn't seem to care that Futurama got treated that way, as The Simpsons was his main project. But who knows.
I'm not altogether on anyone's side, because no one is altogether on my side.
 
Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3054
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:57 pm

Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:08 pm

New Futurama episodes AND 4 DVD movies? I've died and gone to heaven.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.
 
daveagn
Gerbil XP
Topic Author
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:44 pm

Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:34 pm

Dizik wrote:
New Futurama episodes AND 4 DVD movies? I've died and gone to heaven.


Actually, they're not making the movies any more because they're doing more episodes from what I understand.
 
Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3054
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:57 pm

Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:44 pm

daveagn wrote:
Dizik wrote:
New Futurama episodes AND 4 DVD movies? I've died and gone to heaven.


Actually, they're not making the movies any more because they're doing more episodes from what I understand.
Umm...
Billy West wrote:
I'm thisclose to selling my show--''Billy Bastard--Amateur Human Being,''
And the other good news is that they're doing 26 new episodes of
''Futurama'' for TV and we're hammering out the deal now.The original
plan was to have the DVD's first but that's no longer the case.I'm totaly
jammed dude.

Greetings from the year 3000! It still sucks!

Billy
That tells me that the DVDs are still coming out, but not until the new episodes do.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.
 
daveagn
Gerbil XP
Topic Author
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:44 pm

Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:49 pm

Cool, my mistake.
 
Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3054
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:57 pm

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:44 am

Turn sout that Billy West was mistaken. :(
Billy West wrote:
Guys,
I'm sorry I gave inaccurate info on the cartoon.I was told on one end that the
TV show was a go but DXC enlightened me (with a hammer) that this was
not the case.I think there is a Futurama project as in DVD's but I appearently
had bad info.But I do live to give good Futurama news to people.So I must've
died or something.

All eyes on the skies,

Billy
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
GZIP: On