Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Captain Ned, emkubed

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Re: Radio Control Hobbies

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 am

SecretSquirrel wrote:
They are all expensive oops-es... :wink:

While I'm sure that's expensive, not quite in the ballpark as the 6-figure bill I was expecting for hitting those panels.

Captain Ned
Gold subscriber
Global Moderator

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:28 pm

SecretSquirrel wrote:
For those that haven't been following my thread on the Prusa I3 MK3 printer, I have a complete set of parts printed and assembled for this: https://3dlabprint.com/shop/spitfire-mk ... cura-ready. Just need to get the electronics installed and find some time in my schedule.

Been following that thread. I saw the first pic you posted of that build (the wing section, with "that" curve) and thought to myself, "he's printing a Spitfire" well before I scrolled down to your explanation that that was in fact what you were up to.
Humans sleep soundly in their beds because rough cats stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

SecretSquirrel
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Usacomp2k3 wrote:
SecretSquirrel wrote:
They are all expensive oops-es... :wink:

While I'm sure that's expensive, not quite in the ballpark as the 6-figure bill I was expecting for hitting those panels.

No doubt. I carry a separate umbrella policy on my homeowners, partly for that reason.

--SS

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:57 pm

You are a smart man.

Hance
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:01 pm

Well I came to TR tonight looking up specs of processors and figured I would poke around and see what people are up to. I recently got a new 4k video camera and my ancient AMD 8320 isn't up to the task of encoding 4k video it takes FOREVER. This video is from Saturday. 91 inch Skywing Edge with a GP 61cc engine on it. For those of you that are all fancy and stuff the video is in 4k. https://youtu.be/jc7SWcXXlCA

SecretSquirrel

Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:04 am

Hance wrote:
Well I came to TR tonight looking up specs of processors and figured I would poke around and see what people are up to. I recently got a new 4k video camera and my ancient AMD 8320 isn't up to the task of encoding 4k video it takes FOREVER. This video is from Saturday. 91 inch Skywing Edge with a GP 61cc engine on it. For those of you that are all fancy and stuff the video is in 4k. https://youtu.be/jc7SWcXXlCA

That is one of the most beautiful flying sites I have seen. :o

--SS

cheesyking
Gold subscriber

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:31 am

I posted a pic of this a while ago but you don't really get a decent idea of it unless it's working:

Sorry it was an overcast day.

I know, it's not radio controlled but it is a working model.
Fernando!
Your mother ate my dog!