Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

What are you watching RIGHT NOW?

Thu May 18, 2006 9:35 am

*Actually* This thread is supposed to follow format of the other threads in terms of what music/books/drinks/food/etc... you are currently listening/reading/drinking/eating...

SO whilest most of us won't be watching movies while at work or posting on this forum, this thread is meant to discuss the last movie you just watched at home, at the theatre, or wherever...

-------------------------------------------------------------
I'll start with the movie I just saw last night: Water
––•–√\/––√\/––•–– nostalgia is an emotion for people with no future ––•–√\/––√\/––•–-

Jigar
Maximum Gerbil

Thu May 18, 2006 9:38 am

i am watching techreport site :D :lol:
Oops i had watched the Bikerboys on StarMovies .... good movie 8)

Action Jim
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu May 18, 2006 9:42 am

Die Hard.

Alan Rickman kicks ass.
Good bye everyone.

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 am

The Today show (kind of) while reading the 9/11 tape thread in the R&P.

No wait, now I'm reading what I just wrote while watching a comercial on NBC.
Probably PUI. Definitely an كافر

stephenb
Gerbil Elite

Thu May 18, 2006 5:10 pm

The opening night of 'Big Brother 2006' has just finished, Oh God, 13 weeks of hell.

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

What shows are you recently watching?

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:06 am

Considering we have what are listening to now, drinking and playing... I figured it would be interesting to see what other Gerbils are currently watching for shows.

Right now I've got WAY too many unfinished shows on the table.

Arrow - It feels like a cheesey soap opera but... I watch it for the hell of it in hopes that season 2 and beyond are better, which I was told it does get better.

Master of None - Just started watching it because I like Aziz's standup. The show starts out really slow, its a bit edgy at first and then it mellows out into a damn fine personal look into Aziz's character Dev and his girlfriend's relationship. The acting in the first 3-4 episodes was pretty bad, but then it just felt real. Really curious to see where they take the show. Great sound track, great style... must watch past those first 4-5 episodes and it just gets great if you're into the personal character building type shows.

iZombie - Lots of fun, but does get to be a bit predicatable at times. They do a good job of making you think a major plot change is happening and then just ripping it out from underneath your feet. A slight twist to the "unlikely partners" cop genre. The dialog writing is actually pretty good and the antigonist is great.

Dexter - I just recently am trying to pick back up on it as I had my mother in law ruin the show for me by watching ahead back when she was staying with us... then revealed major plot points and characters a season or two ahead.... yah for in laws. Amazingly well written show, absolutely dig Dexter's character and the dialog as far as I'm concerned is some of the best out of most any shows out now. Especially love his rants in his head. If you are looking for a new show and like the mystery and crime/bad guy is the good guy but really is the good guy bordering the moral line... absolutely a must see.

Jessica Jones - Just saw the first 3 episodes and it seems pretty gritty and good. The show does kinda give off the feminist vibe a bit too much at times, but maybe it is just because the main character is a chick who kicks ass, which is pretty cool. Also sort of has a Heros vibe going for it in that there are lots of unknown people with powers and the main antigonist has this sort of Silas evil to him. Interesting show for sure and the dialog thus far has not been cheesy like most Marvel/DC type shows (Arrow namely).
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

1600x | Strix B350-F | CM 240 Lite | 16GB 3200 | RX 580 8GB | 970 EVO | Corsair 400R | Seasonic X 850 | Corsair M95 / K90 | Sennheiser PC37x

anotherengineer
Gerbil Jedi

Re: What shows are you recently watching?

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:47 am

None, no time for TV, as soon as my package promo is over, think I will be pulling the plug on cable tv. Kids and wife mainly watch netflix and youtube.

Last TV series I watched was probably star trek voyager.
Life doesn't change after marriage, it changes after children!

yogibbear
Gerbil Elite

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:43 am

Recently:
Rick and Morty Season 2 - awesome
Fargo Season 2 - awesome
Brooklyne Nine-Nine Season 3 - awesome
New Girl S05E01 - it's back.

Waiting for it to come back (it's on break):
Archer
Game of Thrones

Looking forward to in 2016:
X-Files

Still sad they're over:
Parks and Recreation
How I met your mother
Arrested Development
Community
Core i7 4770K | eVGA GTX1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | 16GB DDR3 2133mhz | Asus Z87-PLUS | Corsair HX650 | Fractal Define R4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Windows 10 x64

Heiwashin
Maximum Gerbil

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:58 am

I'm watching through how i met your mother now on the weekends. I tried watching arrow but did find it to be too weird eventually.
Looking for Knowledge wrote:
When drunk.....
I want to have sex, but find I am more likely to be shot down than when I am sober.

credible
Gerbil XP

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:58 pm

American Horror Story

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:09 pm

By TV I don't mean anything other than shows by any means you can get them (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Youtube, ect). I haven't had cable TV since before my wife and I were married. I've been insanely busy so I fit in episodes generally at the very end of the night or when I'm being an insomniac (more often than not.

Archer... YES. Obviously not everyones cup of tea if you are offended. My wife wouldn't dream of watching it. Same thing for It's Always Sunny in Philly, doesn't like the sexual humor.

Community isn't over... last I heard anyhow. Yahoo picked up on it with minutes to spare from the contract expiring and put out another season, I was told they were renewed for at least 1 more season on Yahoo.

Other Space - Almost forgot about this one since I'm waiting on another season to release. So damn cheesy but I think that is the major allure of the show... A Sci-Fi nerds joke about other Sci-Fi shows. I love that it doesn't take itself serious even in the slightest.

American Horror Story - The first season was absolutely epic... top notch writing, dialog, acting, premise... replay value even. The second season and the third were flops to me. They just tell you everything up front and try so hard to be edgy and dirty that it loses its thriller aspect that the first season was amazing for.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

1600x | Strix B350-F | CM 240 Lite | 16GB 3200 | RX 580 8GB | 970 EVO | Corsair 400R | Seasonic X 850 | Corsair M95 / K90 | Sennheiser PC37x

Voldenuit
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Currently watching :
The Expanse - this is the first Sci first show to get zero gee right, mostly. I really enjoyed the books and the show has blown pay my expectations.

Recently finished:
Ash vs Evil Dead - groovy.

Jessica Jones - great series, Netflix has been hitting it out of the park with their Marvel adaptations, and this from an ex comic reader who has given up on MCU.

Awaiting return:
Gravity Falls - I need to see how Weirdmageddon ends!

Adventure Time - loved Stakes, can't wait to see the rest of the season.

Arrow - it's not as good as it used to be. What the hell, I'm only watching for Felicity. And for Ollie's abs.
Last edited by Voldenuit on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wind, Sand and Stars.

fhohj
Gerbil Team Leader

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:21 pm

I don't watch TV anymore on account of you have to be staring it at when you could be playing a videogame or surfing the web or watching a movie. Also, TV is a giant stream of popular culture and disinformation. haters gona hate.

I started watching Arrow when it came out because I had fond memories of Smallville even though I stopped watching that in season 3 or something.

I liked Arrow, though I will say it's been weaker lately and definitely weaker than Flash. They're hitting all the right notes on the Flash side of things but seem to be missing here and there with Arrow. From Arrow I started with Flash and Gotham when they started and now I watch all 3. That is the full extent of my TV watching. I also watched Daredevil, and really liked that, looking forward to that again.

DrDominodog51
Gerbil Elite

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Community
X-Files (I'm currently watching it again)
Rick and Morty
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
SNL
A10-7850K; GA-F2A88XN-WIFI, 16 GB of 2400MHz DDR3, 500 GB Team Group L5 SSD

ALiLPinkMonster
Gerbil XP

Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Jessica Jones is a good watch. Apparently it's part of four different series that will all lead up to a Defenders crossover, and Daredevil is one of the other ones.

If anyone is into anime, I've been watching One-Punch Man and Shinometa: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist. Both hilarious.
i3-8100 | GTX 1050 Ti | 2x8GB DDR4-2666 | B360M D3H | MX500 250GB | P300 3TB | Define Mini C | CX450

f0d
Gerbil XP

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:44 pm

currently
The Expanse
limitless

not much else on right now to watch but some that are in between seasons are
killjoys
dark matter
ash vs evil dead
izombie (NOT like every other zombie show)
jessica jones
daredevil

i just finished watching the xfiles bluray remaster - SO much better than the dvd's they did well on the remaster

RickyTick
Gerbil Elite

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:46 pm

Generally speaking, I don't like TV. The current crop of regular shows on the major networks are just awful. Law and Order type shows, CSI, NCIS etc Chicago Fire, Med, whatever. I can't stand any of these.
If I'm bored, I'll turn on HGTV, History, Discovery, or the like. There's a neat show called "How It's Made". It's interesting, at times.

Currently watching regularly:
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Heartland

If you're looking for a great TV series to watch, I highly recommend:
Dexter
Lost
Battlestar Galactica (not on Netflix any longer)
Prison Break
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad
The Killing
Mad Men (only if you have nothing else to watch)
House of Cards
Corsair 450D | EVGA SuperNova G3 650W | Asus Z270 Prime-A | Intel i7-7700K | Cryorig H7 | MSI GTX1070 Gaming X 8G | 16gb GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3200 | Crucial MX300 M.2-2280 1TB | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Logitech G502 | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

biffzinker
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:54 pm

Brickleberry
"The series follows a group of never-do-well forest rangers who are facing the shut down of their National Park when a new ranger arrives to help transform them and save the park."

Rick and Morty
"Mad scientist Rick Sanchez moves in with his daughter’s family after disappearing for 20 years in the premiere of this animated comedy following the scientist’s wacky adventures. Rick proves to be a bad influence on his grandson, Morty."

Archer
"At International Secret Intelligence Service no one ever shuts up. Covert black ops and espionage take a back seat to zany personalities and intricate relationships between the ISIS agents and drones."

Bob's Burgers
"Bob Belcher, along with his wife and three children, try to run their last hope of holding the family together, which is running Bob's dream restaurant."

Southpark
"Follows the misadventures of four irreverent grade-schoolers in the quiet, dysfunctional town of South Park, Colorado."

Dragon Ball Super
"First all-new Dragon Ball television series to be released in 18 years.The story of the anime is set six months after the defeat of Majin Boo, when the Earth has become peaceful once again."

Edit: There's more but the above were the first that came to mind.
Edit 2: Adventure Time, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Season 11, Axe Cop, and The Venture Bros. (The sixth season will premiere on January 31, 2016.)
It would take you 2,363 continuous hours or 98 days,11 hours, and 35 minutes of gameplay to complete your Steam library.
In this time you could travel to Venus one time.

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:10 pm

My most anticipated returning series is Person of Interest, in what should be its final season.
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:26 pm

I've been watching Supergirl on CBS.com, and started watching Space: 1999 on Hulu.

LostCat

Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:02 am

Right now?
hmm...seems like most of my stuff is between seasons.

The Expanse
The Blacklist
Akame Ga Kill
Heroes Reborn
Fairy Tail on streaming (when I feel like paying for the subscription...prolly will again shortly.)
I...can't think of anything else right now, though I could be missing something.
yogibbear wrote:
Recently:
Rick and Morty Season 2 - awesome

Ooh when did that start up? I need to get on that.
Meow.

superjawes

Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:29 am

Firefly - What I seem to put on the side while I'm playing something.

Star Trek: The next Generation - I've only ever caught a few episodes of any Star Trek series, so I've kept this on my list so that I can actually get a good dose of it.

Jessica Jones - yeah, this was maybe better than Daredevil (which was also excellent). It does a great job of building people with super powers without making them super heroes, and it does a great job of making things...well..."real". Like people dealing with the day-to-day crap of being a super, or people reacting to said supers.

Arrow - I really only watched because of Flash. It's okay. By season 3, it seems like the show is a little lost.

Flash - This one I loved. Unlike Arrow, it's just fun.

iZombie - I really liked this, too. Having the main character cycle through different personalities from the brains she eats is a nice way to mix things up every episode.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

Wonders
Gerbil

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:51 am

Lately I like Rake on Netflix. It's really well written for a show that Joss Whedon didn't write.
My wife and I really enjoy watching The Amazing Race together, we've been watching some old seasons after completing the most recent one. We also watch some Doc Martin together.
She and I have also recently been watching Death in Paradise and iZombie.
Naturally, the Sherlock Christmas special was mega-sweet.

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:16 am

Enjoyed Jessica Jones.

Marco Polo just Re watched the whole 1st season and the new episode how the khan acquired Hundred Eyes after the Khan's troops attacked his Chinese temple killing 25+ of his best warriors single handily when he could see and why Khan blinded him unlocking his true potential like daredevil sorta..but he is not a superhero. Very much looking forward to season 2 in a couple months.
Just started watching 1st episode of Colony and 1st 4 episodes of Chronicles of Shanara Colony has promise as does Shanara.
In no particular order the following and this is leaving out a bunch I cannot think of.

Game of Thrones
Marvels Agents of Shield
The walking Dead
Life Below Zero
Alaska The last Frontier
Getting ready to watch Marvels Daredevil since I just found out about it 2 days ago.
Was disappointed in Fear The Walking Dead
Was watching Z- Nation which was good the 1st few episodes then watched it for the comedy since it got very stupid.
Family Guy for life ....Gigity along with Bob's Burgers which is goood the Cleveland show Meh but okay,Miss American DAD
Watched 1st and last season of The Last Kingdom that was very good about early England when the Vikings were invading but they cancelled it.
Shameless
Every StarTrek series ever minus the original:) But saw every Movie with Kirk:)
A bunch more I cannot think of..ohh wait I liked Star Wars The Clone wars "7 seasons I think" seasons Cartoon actually :)
2600k@4848mhz @1.4v CM Nepton40XL 16gb Ram 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI@1280mhz Stock boost on a GAP67-UD4-B3, SBlaster Z powered by TX-850 PSU pushing a 34" LG 21/9 3440-1440 IPS panel. Pieced together 2.1 sound system

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:46 am

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Shannara Chronicles. Sure its on MTV and I am waaaay to old to be watching that channel. Favreau is a producer. The first episode laid out the world pretty well. Not what I envisioned when I read the books way back in high school. But still pretty good.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:30 pm

tanker27 wrote:
I am surprised no one has mentioned the Shannara Chronicles. Sure its on MTV and I am waaaay to old to be watching that channel. Favreau is a producer. The first episode laid out the world pretty well. Not what I envisioned when I read the books way back in high school. But still pretty good.

I never read the books so I do not know what the elves are supposed to look like....like Middle earth elves or just humans with pointy ears since that is what I am seeing so far? Have been some pretty BIG chested elves so far not the graceful godly looking elves with a light but very dextrous build like MiddleEarth. How long do they live in Shanara??

Wish us humans had the same 4-5 times human muscle density and bone strength of chimpanzees or orangutans would have been nice to bench press 1000 lbs since in high school at 165 i could press 245 twice... was my highest ever. I always worked out with low reps high weight for strength. It really does wonders over high reps and lower weight if your trying to get stronger plus it tears your muscles good every workout do more can grow between the tiny tears. Once wrestling season started it was no lifting and all cardio and practice and i would drop from 165 to 132 from the beginning to end of season. God that was almost 30 years ago! 175lbs now whoo hoo. down from a little heavy 225 with 2" extra on the waist..ow back to my 32' I had in high school 5ft 10"
2600k@4848mhz @1.4v CM Nepton40XL 16gb Ram 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI@1280mhz Stock boost on a GAP67-UD4-B3, SBlaster Z powered by TX-850 PSU pushing a 34" LG 21/9 3440-1440 IPS panel. Pieced together 2.1 sound system

LostCat

Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:54 pm

tanker27 wrote:

I'd probably watch it but I don't even know what channel MTV is on, or if I even get it. Probably, but I doubt I'll go out of my way to find out.
Meow.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Arrow - 3rd season is weaker, loved season 1 and 2
Flash - just finished season 1, was great
Shannara - light and fun, love the guy who plays Allanon (see Arrow season 1+2). I read these books when I was a wee lad but they do veer from the books.
Game of Thrones - if GRRM can't finish the story, HBO surely can.

Shows that fizzled for me recently:
Chuck - watched first few seasons then it lost steam
Downton Abbey - liked the first 3 seasons.
Heroes Reborn - really wanted to like this but just didn't get it.
Buffy - made it thru 5 seasons, then lost interest.
Star Trek: Voyager - just wasn't as good as I remembered
Dr. Who - the old doctor just did not work for me. David Tennant was the best and Matt Smith was good.

Enjoyed a rewatch recently:
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - to me this is the best Star Trek ever.

Most painful that it never made it past 1 season:
Firefly

Redocbew

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:26 pm

I really wanted to like Heroes Reborn also, but after about 8 episodes I gave it up. It just doesn't have whatever made the first season of the original so good. Most recently I watched Between on Netflix which I thought was pretty good, but I was bummed out they only made 6 episodes.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.

LostCat

Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:49 am

Redocbew wrote:
I really wanted to like Heroes Reborn also, but after about 8 episodes I gave it up. It just doesn't have whatever made the first season of the original so good.

Shrug. It's a refresh, I didn't expect it to be amazing. At the very least it is MUCH better than the later seasons of the original series, from what I've seen so far.
Meow.