Tue May 22, 2007 6:32 am

Check it..

Starbuck in the pilot too! :)

http://www.nbc.com/Fall_Preview/Bionic_Woman/
Gamer - i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX1060, 950 PRO, 840EVO

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Tue May 22, 2007 7:12 am

Is Katie Sachoff a regular or just the villian for the premiere? I don't know enough of the original series to know.

Man that trailer had all the modern action tricks: bullet and bullet time, suspending in air Matrix/Dark Angel style. Too bad it's not the "old" Jessica Alba, but I guess I can give it a go to see how it worked out.
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2007 7:57 am

She's probably just in the pilot, but still, 2 smoking hot babes kicking ass..

Yes, I admit it, I miss Alias :P

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Tue May 22, 2007 8:03 am

elmopuddy wrote:
IMO, JA kicked more serious ass in (Season 1 at least) DA and seemed hotter to me at the time. 8) :D

Frobozz, need a little help here...

JJCDAD
Gerbil Jedi

Tue May 22, 2007 8:20 am

Michelle Ryan's british accent in the interview really rubbed me the wrong way. Ewwww. I don't dislike british accents in general, but some 'queeny' ones really make my skin crawl.

The show looks kinda cool, but predestined for Sci-Fi Channel.

Edit: Now that I think about it...I hated Lindsay Wagner's voice too. Wierd. I only watched The Bionic Woman because it came on right after Six Million Dollar Man.

annabel
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue May 22, 2007 9:11 am

ahahahahaha Zoe from Eastenders is bionic woman? That explains why she got a boob job and left eastenders... She was so good at playing the chick running the clothes stall as well.
Are you a talkative member of TR? Would you like to converse with fellow TR members? Then this is just the thing for you!
server: irc.freenode.org channel: #techreport

Forge
Lord High Gerbil

Tue May 22, 2007 9:15 am

There is only one Bionic Woman, and that is Jessica Alba. No woman is hotter.
Please don't edit my signature for me. Thanks.

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Tue May 22, 2007 9:30 am

Forge wrote:
Saw the F4:RoTSS trailer over the weekend, only got to see her face. If she's really like a toothpick now then the hotness scale drops dramatically. :-?

I thought Bionic = cybernetic? Max was totally genetically engineered though, hmm..

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2007 9:33 am

Forge wrote:

Yeah, too bad she's most likely not interested in doing a lowly TV show.. although she would need to eat a sammich or two lol, she's way too thin!

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Tue May 22, 2007 10:48 am

Flying Fox wrote:
elmopuddy wrote:
IMO, JA kicked more serious ass in (Season 1 at least) DA and seemed hotter to me at the time. 8) :D

Frobozz, need a little help here...

Forge wrote:

There's no question she was hottest during Dark Angel.
Still my favorite starlet. Here's hoping she gets those sandwiches soon :cry:
She's still #1 IMHO No Woman Is Hotter indeed. 8)
WTF is Lindsey Lohan doing as #1 in the HOT100 this year? *sigh*
I totally need to watch this trailer later on...

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 pm

elmopuddy wrote:
although she would need to eat a sammich or two lol, she's way too thin!

I'll feed her. :P
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:38 am

Anyone catch the premiere last night?

I liked it, shows some promise, but jebus rice.. the commercials! My god there were a lot! :x

lex-ington

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:53 am

I watched it . . .

Thought they should have done a 2hr premier, cause they have allot to explain. I thought they could have done more with her learning her new abilities and done more with her little sister (the only person that actually acted).

EDIT: I have passed my Jedi tests and have become a minister (Darth Lex-idius . . .Obi Lex kanobi) :lol:
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

Damage
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:17 am

I was very disappointed. They didn't take their time telling the story, letting the characters (esp. Jamie) deal in realistic ways with learning to use the artificial limbs and implants, coming to grips with how bad she'd had it and how good she then had it in spite of that, learning to fight, etc. etc. etc. She just got out of bed and kicked ass with bionic ju-jitsu immediately. Way too rushed, I agree, and the storytelling was poor--a cardinal sin. This was their big opportunity to begin setting up the rest of the series--their "Batman Begins"-type chance to establish the main character, if you will--and they crammed thee or four episodes worth of setup into it instead, trying to establish even the minor characters and everything else.

On top of that, the direction was horrible, with wooden and over-the-top performances from all of the actors. We know Katie Sackhoff can act, so I blame the show's creators for making her character a cardboard cut-out.

All in all, the thing felt really, very bad--not like a show with potential to grow into itself, but more like a show whose creators simply don't know how to do this very well. Compare to the first episodes of a really good show--BSG, Firefly, Veronica Mars--and you'll see what I mean. The potential is evident immediately. These folks aren't likely to rise far enough above this initial standard to reach anything approaching a good show.

Love the premise, sad to see the execution be so poor.
Scott Wasson - "Damage"

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:29 am

I wasn't disappointed with it, but then again I was exactly enthralled either. I'm sure down the road both the acting and the direction will get better.

One thing that pissed me off is that it wasn't shown in HD for some reason, and neither was Life, which I happened to enjoy more than Bionic Woman.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

Stripe7
Gerbil Team Leader

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:48 am

Caught the show a week ago on Comcast's digital preview in HD. I would give the show a B. Life and Chuck were more fun or interesting.

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:05 am

Damage wrote:
I was very disappointed. They didn't take their time telling the story, letting the characters (esp. Jamie) deal in realistic ways with learning to use the artificial limbs and implants, coming to grips with how bad she'd had it and how good she then had it in spite of that, learning to fight, etc. etc. etc. She just got out of bed and kicked ass with bionic ju-jitsu immediately. Way too rushed, I agree, and the storytelling was poor--a cardinal sin. This was their big opportunity to begin setting up the rest of the series--their "Batman Begins"-type chance to establish the main character, if you will--and they crammed thee or four episodes worth of setup into it instead, trying to establish even the minor characters and everything else.

On top of that, the direction was horrible, with wooden and over-the-top performances from all of the actors. We know Katie Sackhoff can act, so I blame the show's creators for making her character a cardboard cut-out.

All in all, the thing felt really, very bad--not like a show with potential to grow into itself, but more like a show whose creators simply don't know how to do this very well. Compare to the first episodes of a really good show--BSG, Firefly, Veronica Mars--and you'll see what I mean. The potential is evident immediately. These folks aren't likely to rise far enough above this initial standard to reach anything approaching a good show.

Love the premise, sad to see the execution be so poor.

I watched it again after reading your post...

I agree with you, but I'll keep watching it for a bit to see if it gets any better.

There are a few shows on at the same time, so it looks like this show lost its status and will be taped instead of watching it "live".

I thought it was the same directors or producers as BSG?

I enjoyed "Journeyman" more :-?

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:16 am

Maybe they'll use the next episodes to have flashbacks that explain that transition. Could fit into story lines pretty well, I'd think.

*note, I didn't see it

Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:23 am

I haven't seen it yet, it's on my DVR for tonight, but I'd bet it fell prey to the all-to-common method of introducing new shows in recent years.

The show has to come in with a bang, get right into the action, and can't be "slow". Shows these days aren't given the first couple of episodes to introduce characters and start setting things up.

It's just like the whole "you can't play these episodes in order, the premier doesn't have enough action" deal that went down with Firefly.

The problem is, this attitude is killing shows because people watch the first 1 or two episodes, decide it's lame because there's no character development taking place, and abandon it. Then the show is cancelled by the time the season is over.

I've seen a lot of good shows, or at least potentially good shows, lost to these issues. I hope Bionic Woman isn't one of them, but it may be.

Damage
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:24 am

elmopuddy wrote:
I thought it was the same directors or producers as BSG?

Yeah, apparently David Eck was involved in BSG and he's involved here, although Ronald Moore from BSG is not involved.

Ronald Moore++ ;)
Scott Wasson - "Damage"

Vrock
Gerbil God

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:44 am

Damage wrote:
Ronald Moore++ ;)
My judgement on Mr. Moore is out pending BSG Season 4 and the Razor film. I was disappointed with Season 3, especially the latter half.

Bionic Woman sounds like Sci-Fi's Flash Gordon: great concept ruined by incompetent acting and writing.

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:03 pm

Vrock wrote:
Bionic Woman sounds like Sci-Fi's Flash Gordon: great concept ruined by incompetent acting and writing.
I wouldn't go that far. Bionic Woman is definitely watchable, and I'll continue to watch it until I'm proven otherwise. It is nowhere near the POS status that Flash Gordon is.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

|FN|Steel

Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Dizik wrote:
Vrock wrote:
I wouldn't go that far. Bionic Woman is definitely watchable, and I'll continue to watch it until I'm proven otherwise. It is nowhere near the POS status that Flash Gordon is.
Yeah, it's not ANYTHING like FG. It was thoroughly entertaining and did a good job at setting up the story arc for the season.
Sucking down the easy flowing milk from society's warm breasts.

Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:21 pm

Damage wrote:
Yeah, apparently David Eck was involved in BSG and he's involved here,
Yep, him and Ronald Moore were executive producers. Here, he's an executive producer as well.
No matter how bad the new homepage sucks or how bungled the new management is...

To all the original writers/contributors and volunteers, please know that I have nothing but the deepest love for you and the work you've done.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:29 pm

|FN|Steel wrote:
Dizik wrote:
Vrock wrote:
Yeah, it's not ANYTHING like FG. It was thoroughly entertaining and did a good job at setting up the story arc for the season.
Well, good. FG sucked so hard I couldn't make it through the pilot. And I really, really wanted to like it. Oh well.

Krogoth
Emperor Gerbilius I

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:28 pm

Wow, this show sounds like reeks of unoriginality.

At least studios weren't deseperate enough to start a new "Bionic Man" series. :o
Gigabyte X670 AORUS-ELITE AX, Raphael 7950X, 2x16GiB of G.Skill TRIDENT DDR5-5600, Sapphire RX 6900XT, Seasonic GX-850 and Fractal Define 7 (W)
Ivy Bridge 3570K, 2x4GiB of G.Skill RIPSAW DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Corsair CX-750M V2, and PC-7B

ante9383
Gerbil First Class

Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:31 pm

I just watched the series premiere. I hate to put it so crudely, but honestly I fknd the show just plain crap. Very badly done on many levels: acting was pretty bad, characters were not somebody (the casting may have something to do with it) I could relate to, the premiere felt very crammed, and basically, the way Jamie just accepted the fact she was turned into some cyborg super-warrior within days was utterly unbelievable.

My verdict on the new Bionic Woman: two thumbs down.

P.S. since this was produced by David Eick, who also produces Battlestar Galactica with Ronald D. Moore, we can quickly see where the real talent lies: with Ron Moore.
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, [email protected] w/NOCTUA NH-D15S, 16GB Corsair 3000MHz RAM, Crucial MX500 1TB, 3x Seagate Archive 8TB, 1xWD RED 8TB, 1xWD RED 4TB, Asus Xonar Essence STX, bequiet! 630W, Fractal Design Define R5, Asus PG278Q, Asus PG278QR

Darkmage
Lord High Gerbil

Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:48 pm

Meh. I'll echo what most of you guys have said here. Sub-par acting performances, too much happening and getting a too shallow treatment, unbelievable oh-well-I'm-a-bionic-ninja-so-don't-mess-with-me ending. It's amazing how shooting their boyfriend turns hysterical bartenders into aggressive killing machines. Bleh.

Maybe we'll find out in two years that they had a two-hour pilot that the studio made them cut to pieces to create what we saw in the premiere. In the meantime, I'm less than impressed.
If there is one thing a remote-controlled, silent and unseeable surveillance/killing machine needs, it’s more whimsy. -- Marcus