Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:06 pm

I made a thread about tattoos at one point but I haven't gotten it yet. I want something that has my kids and my wife's name in it. I am always open to ideas - I'm taking my time with this, since I'll have it forever.

edit: viewtopic.php?t=40535
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:45 pm

i have a dragon on my shoulder that is cluthing a treasure chest and my wife has a one of a fairy on her shoulder. no pics though. She is thinking about getting another tattoo my idea was the words " If you can read this your breath stinks" in a certain area for some reason she didnt like the idea :roll:

Jon
Gerbil Elite

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:46 pm

-Playing shooters on a console is like doing brain surgery with an ice-cream scoop-

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:43 pm

One of my tattoos contains an old online/gaming name I once went by....

Now when people ask, I either have to bust out the long-ass story, or make up a shorter version. Either way, it's not my screen name anymore. :-?
Probably PUI. Definitely an كافر

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:15 pm

PerfectCr wrote:
idchafee wrote:
I made a thread about tattoos at one point but I haven't gotten it yet. I want something that has my kids and my wife's name in it. I am always open to ideas - I'm taking my time with this, since I'll have it forever.

edit: viewtopic.php?t=40535

Very nice, do you want to use the actual names? Or symbols of some sort? Where would you want it?

Probably their names, but I'm open.

toxent
Gerbil Elite

Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:51 pm

I think i'd go for the citadel from HL2, or the Quake symbol. There's some good choices there.
AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition w/Scythe Ninja HSF | ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 | GSkill 8GB(2x4GB) PC3-12800 | PowerColor Radeon 4850 512MB | Samsung Spinpont F1 1TB SATA

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:10 am

Looking for Knowledge wrote:
Either way, it's not my screen name anymore. :-?

LFK?

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:16 am

+ TR Tattoo Discussion

I thought maybe you got a TR Tattoo. :P
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:04 am

PerfectCr wrote:
Jon wrote:

Yeah, if I got one of those tribal tattoos or biceps barb wire that everyone at the gym has I'd be "rethinking my ink" too!

Hey now, I've had tribal tattoos for much longer than they were "cool" and "in". I've got 6 tattoos, though I haven't gotten a new one in 4 years. I'd like to get some more, but I think my next will be a calf sleeve dedicated to my dad when he passes away (he's got cancer, and it likely won't be long before he is gone). But I've got all tribals right now that I designed. Inside of both forearms, both upper arms (all black), a color on my right outside forearm, and one on my stomach (which was my first, when I was 16).

Anyway, tattoos are (if you get them for the right reasons) expressions of yourself and expressions of art. People look down on some people that get flash off the wall, or over-done things like barbed wire. But the reality is that if the person got it for a reason other than "I want to look cool", then their tattoos mean something to them, and express something about them. All of mine were gotten in dedication to something, or as a reminder of something I've been through, and I chose tribals because I feel they embody many features that speak about my personality.

But I digress. To each their own. Just remember, once you get one, you'll want more. It's kind of an addiction :)

Oh, anyone know any good artists in Ohio? I haven't had a chance to look around, and it's hard to find a good artist, especially when you know nobody and can't get referrals, which I don't since I just moved here :)

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:55 am

PerfectCr wrote:
Hance, LFK....PICS? :)
If Hance promises not to use my pics in his spank bank. :lol:
Probably PUI. Definitely an كافر

njenabnit
Gerbil Elite

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:48 am

This isn't really a gaming tattoo, but it's one that fits my personality and I it will probably be my first and only tattoo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_mustache_tattoo

I think its hilarious and lets me develop that secret (often French) mustache alter-ego that I have been working on. Mine would be the standard "ends-curling-up-and-in" style.

It's also just temporary enough to not be a permanent mistake, if I ever feel to deem it as a mistake, since it is on a joint.

roont
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:46 am

i have 2 tattoos. one from my favorite book of all time another of a scottish thistle. ill post some pics when i get a hold of my camera, and im planning on another one very very soon.
"...and she says, 'That's not my expansion slot.' So my friend says, 'That's not my gold plated 22-pin connector!! Ah-hahahaHA!"

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:46 pm

I've got a pair of flaming d20s. I need to recolor it one of these days. It's in a bad spot (my ankle), and some of the color came out from my sock rubbing on it.

Also have an 8 point star, ala Chaos undivided from Warhammer 40k.

And a bunch of other tattoos, but those are my game ones.
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy

JJCDAD
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:22 pm

Ok...please excuse the corny muscle pose. It's the only pic I have of my tattoo. It is an adaptation of the wheel from the Soundgarden Badmotorfinger album cover.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:40 pm

I used to actually design tattoos for people in High School.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:00 pm

PRIME1 wrote:

Good, then get cracking on a design for me with my kids.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:08 pm

idchafee wrote:
PRIME1 wrote:

Good, then get cracking on a design for me with my kids.

How bout the letters of the names written in Ivy and the leaves are hearts (based on a request from you other thread)?

There's a million options when it comes to doing letters.

My suggestion is just to do a search on the net.

Good artists copy, great artists steal.

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:33 am

PerfectCr wrote:
Will that happen to my tattoo on my leg if I were socks 5 days a week on it? Since I wear long pants and socks 5 days a week I wouldn't want that to rub out the color.
I have several tattoos on my legs, and wearing socks is okay as long as they're not too tight. Loose clothing is always best for tattoos no matter where they're located on the body.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 am

I'll post pics of mine sometime, I don't have any floating around in digital medium though atm.

One of mine, my left upper arm, is in pretty bad shape. I didn't hold the color very well, and it was done by a friend who hadn't been tattooing very long. Someday I'll probably get it retouched and the design fixed up a bit. Other than that I've got a little bit of fading in the older ones on my arms from sun, and a few patchy places where I scabbed up really badly and it sucked the ink out, and I just haven't gotten around to touching them up. Right now I just need to find a good artist. I haven't gotten another in a long time because I've been moving around so much I haven't had time to find a good artist to work on me.

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:08 pm

Dizik wrote:
PerfectCr wrote:
Will that happen to my tattoo on my leg if I were socks 5 days a week on it? Since I wear long pants and socks 5 days a week I wouldn't want that to rub out the color.
I have several tattoos on my legs, and wearing socks is okay as long as they're not too tight. Loose clothing is always best for tattoos no matter where they're located on the body.

Agreed. The placement of mine is just really bad. It's almost on the back of my foot. Even without socks, it partially in my shoe.
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy

Vrock
Gerbil God

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:54 am

That's.....actually pretty damn cool. Nice.

Nitrodist
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:06 pm

Nice! I loved Scorpion when I played Mortal Kombat on my SNES!

jiminyjetson
Gerbil XP

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:24 pm

I've got 4 at the moment. You're right about the addiction thing.
I have my pac-man tattoo on my inner forearm. Just a simple black pacman a la Gabe from PA. Will get a pic up when i can be bothered signing up for a hosting site :)
new rig: C2D e6400 (THE OC RETURNS! (currently 3.6ghz @ 1.45v)), gigabyte DS3, g. skill 2gb DDR2 800 6400, Hiper type M 670W PSU, 9600GT, 320gb Seagate Baracuda, Antec P180 Case
maxxcool wrote:
CRONK!
TRAINWRECK!

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:26 pm

jiminyjetson wrote:
I've got 4 at the moment. You're right about the addiction thing.
I have my pac-man tattoo on my inner forearm. Just a simple black pacman a la Gabe from PA. Will get a pic up when i can be bothered signing up for a hosting site :)

imageshack.us doesn't require signing up :wink:

jobodaho
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:34 pm

scorpion ftw!

ssidbroadcast
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:18 pm

FINISH HIM!!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:14 pm

I want to get something from Final Fantasy Tactics somewhere on my, shoulder or leg or something.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:51 pm

I'm trying to convince my wife to get a tattoo when I go get mine done.

I was thinking of getting the white tree from LOTR with the one ring wrapped around it.

I think my wife would get something like a ladybug on her shoulder.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:40 pm

PerfectCr wrote:
Hoser wrote:
I'm trying to convince my wife to get a tattoo when I go get mine done.

I'm trying to get my wife to get one as well. She's not against it at all, she just needs a an idea of what to get.

Man. My wife keeps begging me for more. We've done nearly a quarter sleeve on her so far, and she found a mermaid she wants to add to it.

- Comic Book Guy

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:20 am

Here's a pic of my tattoo. It's pretty new in that pic. I want to get 4 more dragons at some point in time. Its looking like I might get another one for Christmas this year.
I'm thinking either a Black or a Red
I love dragons and I'm a geek. 8)