Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Corrado
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

PerfectCr wrote:
Good point. Regarding Mortal Kombat II, I just downloaded it from the Playstation Network Store. It was the first time I played since college. :)

After playing it did you go 'Wow ... uh... what was I thinking?' and log onto http://www.wreckingbalm.com?

:lol:

J/K. They look really good. Not what I would have chosen per se, but they look very nicely done. Congrats! I'm actually getting rid of the one **** tattoo I have with wrecking balm so I can start over. Its tough to justify a VW tattoo when you drive a Chevy every day :P I still own 3 VW's, but yeah. Prolly gonna move to something a little more generic in the car world. A turbocharger or a gear shifter or something.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:06 pm

The Joystiq Has commented on your sleeve yesterday.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Dang....Sorry :oops:
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

fent
Gerbil Team Leader

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:17 pm

cool ink. I think if I was going to get a tattoo based on a game it would have be to the little Vault-tec guy from Fallout.
Awesometown.

themattman
Gerbil Elite

Re: Gaming Tattoo (WIP) - NOW DONE! (PICS)

Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:55 pm

That looks awesome. A perfect compliment :)
|Intel Q9450 @3.6 1.425v|Lapped TRUE|Gigabyte EP45-UD3P|Mushkin & Patriot 2x2gb DDR2-900|EVGA 8800 GTS 512 750/1873/1000|Antec 900|Corsair 520HX|Asus Xonar DX|
13895 3DMarks

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:09 pm

I saw the leg a couple of weeks ago while I was down at Disney, and I must say it is really impressive. Even more so in person than just seeing pictures online.

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:16 pm

PerfectCr wrote:
Usacomp2k3 wrote:
I saw the leg a couple of weeks ago while I was down at Disney, and I must say it is really impressive. Even more so in person than just seeing pictures online.

Thanks man. At least you can attest to the fact that it's not photoshopped (as someone in a PM accused me!) :lol:

Did you ever hear any more about the photo shoot in CA?

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:23 pm

now I'm wishing for a tatto again. ME WANT INK!

I still want the vine snake on my calf.
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

liquidsquid

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:34 pm

Can't say I am a fan of tattoos, unless they happen to be small ones in inappropriate locations on nekkid ladies ;-) Personally I would spend similar effort on something more productive but that is just me. Otherwise you did a fine job art-wise.

I just can not help thinking that when you are someone's grandpa with old knobby legs, how you are going to describe that to the other old farts. Especially when Palpatine has a big ol' mole-age spot right in his face. Old boorish age comes faster than you think, and you spend a lot of time regretting what you didn't do, but the things that bother me the most are dumb things I did do that I cannot undo.

I do have a few lasers running around that would take care of them quite fast, you would heal fine, they are designed to heal and stimulate cell regeneration.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:02 pm

Usacomp2k3 wrote:

I saw it in January and was equally impressed
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:37 pm

PerfectCr wrote:
No regrets here. I intend to keep in fine shape my entire life and live well into my 100's. Sure my skin might be a little saggy by then. But if I thought for a moment I would regret it then I wouldn't have gotten it.

PerfectCr's grand kids: "grand-dad, what are all those figures on your leg?"
PerfectCr: "Those are video games I used to play when I was younger"
grand kids: "video games? What are those"
PerfectCr: "We played them on a tv and used controllers"
grand kids: "what's a tv"
PerfectCr: "we watched stuff on a screen"
grand kids: "you mean it wasn't beamed directly into your brain? You're OLD!"
grand kids: "what's a controller?"
PerfectCr: "Well, we had to use our hands to..."
grand kids: "You mean you have to use your hands? Gross!"
No matter how bad the new homepage sucks or how bungled the new management is...

To all the original writers/contributors and volunteers, please know that I have nothing but the deepest love for you and the work you've done.

Convert
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:15 pm

The healed artwork looks really good IMO. I have never been a fan of tattoos but I must say they are very detailed and vibrant.

Also, while I would tend to lean towards the negative comments of you being crazy to get them you surely have the cojones. I probably wouldn't mind a quake or UT symbol, basically any game symbol. Though I would never get a tat.
Tachyonic Karma: Future decisions traveling backwards in time to smite you now.

b0nes
Gerbil Team Leader

Re:

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:58 am

Nice work PC. The colors look great. I like how you added the pictures in order.. It makes looking at the finished product that much better. :D

Nutmeg wrote:
It looks really, really crap. Gonna be fun when you don't like those games anymore and you still have the stupid cartoons of them on your leg isn't it?

This is just an ignorant statement all together. You obviously are not going to get tired of having this art on your body since in your original post you explained you were planning on doing this over 10 years ago. 10 years is plenty of time to make a decision on something. Plus, you explained that these games meant more than just games in your life. At least you responded to this comment in a mature manner... good job :D

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:04 pm

It healed very well. The emperor looks pretty good too. Compliments to your artist.

On a side note, I got my name and a small picture in the Skin & Ink April issue, for the tattoos I've done on my wife. Makes me feel pretty good.
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:25 am

PerfectCr wrote:
Thanks man. What did you do for your wife? Pics? :)

Crappy picture, cause I just scanned the magazine. Her arm is still a work in progress. It will eventually be a 3/4 sleve, filled completly to about mid forearm.

Here's the other part not seen in that pic.
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy

Nelliesboo
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:03 am

Best tattoo ever...
"StarCraft 2 will release when it's ready." - Blizzard

liquidsquid

Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:44 am

Yeah, too bad boobies in public hasn't come back yet. Of course with today's weight problems, it is a good thing.

I still cannot believe how people get in an uproar over nudity on TV yet walk around naked in front of their kids, and on the same night plunk them in front of the TV to watch violence on a level of reckless abandon.

For myself, I just like to have a clean god-made body. No regrets. I also like to have a way out, which tattoos don't easily allow. Say for example I have to travel for my job or for charity work to another country. Last thing I want to do is stand out any more than I already do. I also like a woman's body to be pure, clean, and simple. IMHO they are the best ones to look at, since tattoos can cover up too much appealing flesh.

-LS

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:27 pm

So umm I was at the tattoo shop today. I have to go in and get a little touch up work done later and its pretty shiny because its so fresh.

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:19 pm

First one Hance?

Going big right off the bat. :wink:

What'd the wife think?

Looks good. A lot of detail!
Probably PUI. Definitely an كافر

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:54 am

Looking for Knowledge wrote:
First one Hance?

Going big right off the bat. :wink:

What'd the wife think?

Looks good. A lot of detail!

Nope thats not the first one. The first one I got is a dragon on my back its even bigger. I showed my wife what I wanted in the design before I got it and she thought it was a cool idea. I had been looking for a new tattoo for quite a long time when I finally came across that cover are for the new Disturbed album.

PerfectCr wrote:
Cool! Who is that guy?

He is basically the mascot for the band Disturbed. I got the tattoo because I like the way the guy looks not because I am some kind of nuts Disturbed fan. They are just about my favorite band though.

Darkmage
Lord High Gerbil

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 am

Hance wrote:
He is basically the mascot for the band Disturbed. I got the tattoo because I like the way the guy looks not because I am some kind of nuts Disturbed fan. They are just about my favorite band though.

[snort] Kids these days... back in my day, you went and got an Eddie tattoo and claimed you weren't some crazed Iron Maiden fan. :D
If there is one thing a remote-controlled, silent and unseeable surveillance/killing machine needs, it’s more whimsy. -- Marcus

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:54 pm

Well the wife got another tattoo today. The fairy on her shoulder is old the one down her back is new.

Forge
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Nice. Once the blacks settle it should look like one piece. I'm keeping an eye on expansion with my ideas the same way.
Please don't edit my signature for me. Thanks.

pikaporeon
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:41 am

Darkmage wrote:
Hance wrote:

[snort] Kids these days... back in my day, you went and got an Eddie tattoo and claimed you weren't some crazed Iron Maiden fan. :D

That hasn't changed.
Hey girl you want a bad boy? I overclock my backup servers.
Ryzen 9 5900X | 2070 Super | 32 GB RAM | BX100 500 GB+MX500 500GB+660P 1TB
Sempron [email protected] | 2 GB RAM | 6 TB | FreeBSD 12

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:12 am

PerfectCr wrote:
Very nice, is that game based or just an original design?

She found the design on the internet somewhere not sure where. She is planning on getting one in the front that her jeans will cover and it will wrap up and around her ribs and tie into the one on her back. I dont know when she will start on that part of it though.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:05 pm

I finally found a good picture of what I want my next one to be. It's the top one of the following image...

The story behind the tattoo.....

My Grandfather was a part of the Royal Artillery in WWII. One of the regiments he served in was a part of the British troops who were tracking Rommel in Northern Africa. The cannon pictured was the one that he liked the most to fire. So in honour of his service for my freedom I'm getting the 25 pounder with "Royal Artillery", his regimental numbers, his serial number, and years in the service (1938-1950). This is most likely going on the upper right side of my chest. It's not going to be huge by any means, but it should look good as it's going to be in black & gray.

Most likely going to happen in a couple of weeks, so I'll post pics when it gets done.

edit - spelling & location of troops
Last edited by Hoser on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:23 pm

I bought my gf her first tattoo for her birthday. She designed it herself and let the dude draw it up to fit where she wanted it. Ended up left shoulder, it's all red and black with an abstract floral pattern, and at the bottom a pentagram that holds its own special meaning to her. I think it's a tad immature but whatever it's her body.

leor
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:42 pm

holy crap, i got the same tattoo on my c*ck!

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:15 pm

leor wrote:

The abstract floral pattern or the cannon?
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:58 pm

leor wrote:

Well I have a hundred dollar bill on mine. That way I can watch my money grow and my wife can blow a hundred bucks anytime she wants.