Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

morphine
TR Staff

Re: Gaming Tattoo (WIP) - NOW DONE! (PICS)

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:28 am

Hance wrote:
leor wrote:
holy crap, i got the same tattoo on my c*ck!

Well I have a hundred dollar bill on mine. That way I can watch my money grow and my wife can blow a hundred bucks anytime she wants.

It seems such joke are quite... internationalized :lol: . Local variant: "[...], and I'll actually enjoy my mistress sucking all my money".
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:08 am

morphine wrote:
It seems such joke are quite... internationalized :lol: . Local variant: "[...], and I'll actually enjoy my mistress sucking all my money".

Well guys think alike no matter what part of the world they are from.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:17 am

Well I'm off to get mine done in less than an hour. I'll post some pics tonight. Hopefully it won't be too bloody.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:28 pm

Crap! The guy who was going to do my tattoo had to go back home to Ireland because of a death in the family 2 days ago. So I now have to wait 2 more weeks to get this done. it's going to be bigger than originally anticipated too. They want to get as much detail on the cannon as possible, so it's most likely going to be on my back now. Probably left shoulder.

*sigh* I was stoked for this.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:43 pm

well it's not like he decided to spring a vacation on you...
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:07 am

Change of plan.......

I went and saw the artist this morning and because of the detail on the cannon he wanted this to go across my back..........almost my whole back. Now while that would indeed look really cool, I don't have the $1200 it's going to cost to get it done. Not to mention that I wouldn't be able to see it myself (that's the bigger issue than the size). So instead of that I'm going to get the logo for the British Royal Artillery along with the other info I was going to get on the old one.

RA logo

I can get this to fit on my chest without any problems, and hopefully I should be able to get it done next Friday.

The place I'm getting it done was really good about the change too. He wouldn't budge on the size he wanted to do (to shrink the cannon, it would all of the detail and make it look really crappy) and understood the cost and my viewability concerns. Maybe in the future I'll get the 25 pounder done, but for now this will have to suffice.........and I'll be happy with this one as it's not the picture, but what it represents for me.
-Unknown Veteran

morphine
TR Staff

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:30 am

Aye. The cannon was cool, but the army logo's simbology and motto give it a much deeper meaning, IMO.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Forge
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:45 am

Everywhere! (Meaning where the rounds will land)

Where right and glory lead (Lead yes, cause the Arty is always BEHIND infantry and armor)

Gotta love the Latin the Drop Shorts pick out for themselves, it does the whole job for ya. :)

Just kidding though, the Arty boys usually kill more 'them' than 'us' and that makes them OK. (That and if they hear ya, their aim suffers)
Please don't edit my signature for me. Thanks.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Well I got it done this afternoon. Got it done on my right shoulder blade, and I was surprised at how much it hurt. Not that I was in tears or anything, it just made me clench my fists a few times when he was going over certain areas. I'll post some pics later tonight.
-Unknown Veteran

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:16 pm

Here it is. Sorry about the flash, but it was taken about an hour ago and there wasn't enough ambient lighting to tone the flash down. I'll see if I can get a better one later.

I think it looks really good. Lines are really clean and the colours will look really good once they settle.
-Unknown Veteran

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:08 pm

I forgot to mention that it only took the guy about 1.5 hours to do it. Another place I took the picture to said it would take about 3 to 4 hours. :o
-Unknown Veteran

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:19 am

My tattoo's were the same way on the pain scale. I actually fell asleep while I was getting the one done on my back. Other parts of the one on my back were OMFG yeouch. Looks cool hoser.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:32 pm

Well it's all healed up and looks pretty good if you ask me. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. :D

-Unknown Veteran

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm heading to Pittsburgh this weekend to get a new tattoo as part of my birthday present. I'll definitely make sure to post pics once I get it done.

Forge
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:37 am

PerfectCr wrote:
Rolling20s wrote:
I'm heading to Pittsburgh this weekend to get a new tattoo as part of my birthday present. I'll definitely make sure to post pics once I get it done.

Tattoo of.....?

A penif, of course! Center of the forehead for most style points.

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:35 am

It's not easy to describe, but I promise that I'll do it justice in a few days. I can tell you this: it's not a male body part. =)

morphine
TR Staff

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:39 am

Let me guess: it's a D20.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:50 am

PerfectCr wrote:
BTW Hoser: That's looks great healed! Did it scab much?

Thanx, and not really. The only part that scabbed up was the turf under the cannon, and the shadow under the UBIQUE banner. Other than that it was pretty clean.

Your new one looks cool. Looks like the black parts in the fox's face might scab up a bit, but everything else looks clean.
-Unknown Veteran

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:08 am

morphine wrote:
Let me guess: it's a D20.

Heh, no, not this one. I definitely plan on having a D20 at some point in time, though.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:15 am

PerfectCr wrote:
What's a D20? (sorry if it's a dumb question)

A 20 sided dice used in D&D. You need to turn in your geek card now. :lol:
-Unknown Veteran

Forge
Lord High Gerbil

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:41 am

PerfectCr wrote:
Perhaps a collection of 8-but art. Does anyone know where I can find some good reference pics of 8-bit sprites that are large enough to actually see?

8-butt art? Like 8-bit Theater? http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=090314

I guess Red Mage could've been 8-butt when he was that monster.

khands
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Dang it, there was a whole slew of articles about that kind of stuff around the time the PS3 and Wii came out, now I'm going to have to find them again.
X __________________________

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:22 pm

I think this is the funniest tattoo I have ever seen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Unknown Veteran

Nitrodist
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:54 am

PerfectCr wrote:
Hey, I've been thinking about getting some 8-bit or 16-bit style tats on my right arm near where the MGS tat is. Perhaps a collection of 8-bit art. Does anyone know where I can find some good reference pics of 8-bit sprites that are large enough to actually see? I found the "8-bit artist" but wanted to see if anyone knew of other stuff out there. Thanks!

Funny story, I was to be featured in the February 2009 issue of EGM. The mag was canceled in January and the Feb issue never ran. :)

DeviantArt has a slew of 8bit paraphernalia.

drobber
Gerbil

Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:21 pm

drobber
Gerbil

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:40 pm

Nice. Guys, choose a master carefully! So that he has everything sterile and decent work. Of course, I went on the advice of my close friend to the same master she did. I really liked her work. By the way, what have you heard about eyebrow https://www.facefigurati.com/eyebrow-tattoo-in-melbourne/powder-brows-tattoo-in-melbourne/ tattoo? Does it hurt as much as a regular tattoo? Guys, who had this experience? Thank you all in advance.