Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Justice
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Iron Man

Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:04 pm

New trailer is out over on IGN.
http://media.movies.ign.com/media/034/0 ... ids_1.html

This movie is going to rock. There are 4 more superhero movies planned to be released in the next 2 years. The Hulk will have an Iron Man cameo. There's going to be a Thor, Ant-Man, and Capt America movies. Once all of those are done, Marvel is pushing for an Avengers movie using all the established actors together for continuity. That's going to be one hefty bill.

Also, speaking of Cameo's....
Ryan Reynolds has been confirmed for Deadpool spot in The wolverine movie coming out, along with Gambit showing up.
|FN|Steel wrote:
Millions of sheep doesn't make [Censored] right.

fpsduck
Gerbil XP

Re: Iron Man

Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:27 pm

I just wonder if the song by Black Sabbath will be in this movie? :lol:
Life is short

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm

fpsduck wrote:

It's already been in the first trailer. Good taste prevails. :) It should definitely feature prominently in the movie.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III

FubbHead
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:42 pm

fpsduck wrote:

I'd rather hear Die Krupps' "Iron Man" instead, preferably the KMFDM remix.
Amiga 1200, 68020@28MHz, 4MB+2MB RAM, Conner 80MB harddrive

mafropetee
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Iron Man is gonna be great. And Captain America should be incredible as well.
"Here we stand at the threshold of paradise, stealing a new world. I never would have thought our place in history would come to this, but we are infinite. We are one."
-Spencer Sotelo

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:29 pm

I've been downloading these (free) from the Playstation store in 1080p. While Black Sabbath's Paranoid may be one of the finest metal albums ever released, the movie trailers haven't looked that great.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:56 am

3rd Tier superhero movies FTL. Daredevil, anyone? Elektra? Any of the Punisher films? They all sucked.

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:53 am

:( 10-1 this movie will bite. I like Iron-Man and Capitan America, so I'm sort of sad thinking that the movies based of their comic book will be a black hole of suck, but I fear that'll be the case.
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

Corrado
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:26 am

JustAnEngineer wrote:
I've been downloading these (free) from the Playstation store in 1080p. While Black Sabbath's Paranoid may be one of the finest metal albums ever released, the movie trailers haven't looked that great.

Bite your tongue!

How can Robert Downey Jr fail as Iron Man? Other than being a complete wreck in his personal life, this dude is the poops! I thought the trailer looked good. I have the Iron Man re-imagining that Orson Scott Card wrote, and I'm wondering if he had any help in writing the movie or not.

enzia35
Gerbil

Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:47 am

DC Comics>Marvel. That doesn't mean Iron Man isn't awesome though. Same with Captain America.

flybywire
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:44 pm

Corrado wrote:
I have the Iron Man re-imagining that Orson Scott Card wrote, and I'm wondering if he had any help in writing the movie or not.

Orson Scott Card wrote an Iron Man story? I have to look into that for sure since I love his Ender series.
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:18 am

When I saw the teaser i was meh. Now that a full trailer is out.....I am liking it.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:57 am

Vrock wrote:
Any of the Punisher films

LIES! The original Punisher film with Dolph Lundgren was *AMAZING* Endless entertainment!

But yeah, you're right, the others you listed suck. They're not even funny in the bad way.

roont
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:44 am

im hoping its not another daredevil. the trailer looked good, but with these superhero movies i alwasy expect the worst. so that way if theres anything at all good about it you are pleasently surprised.

Id like to see a marvel zombies movie. that would be dope.
"...and she says, 'That's not my expansion slot.' So my friend says, 'That's not my gold plated 22-pin connector!! Ah-hahahaHA!"

BKA
Gerbil XP

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:46 pm

I just picked up the animated IRON MAN movie from 2007 I believe. It was on sale at Target for $6 so I figured what the heck. It actually turned out to be pretty good. Hopefully the movie will be just as good.

mafropetee
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:56 pm

roont wrote:

I saw a "preview" for a Marvel Zombies "movie" on myspace once. It looked pretty crappy.
"Here we stand at the threshold of paradise, stealing a new world. I never would have thought our place in history would come to this, but we are infinite. We are one."
-Spencer Sotelo

roont
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:07 pm

mafropetee wrote:
roont wrote:

I saw a "preview" for a Marvel Zombies "movie" on myspace once. It looked pretty crappy.

like i saw a "resident evil 5 mod" on youtube, that was saying violence is wrong. it was clips from RE4.
hate losers who make up stupid crap.
"...and she says, 'That's not my expansion slot.' So my friend says, 'That's not my gold plated 22-pin connector!! Ah-hahahaHA!"

Semper1775
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:01 pm

Vrock wrote:
3rd Tier superhero movies FTL. Daredevil, anyone? Elektra? Any of the Punisher films? They all sucked.

Hmm I'd say Iron Man is more 2nd Tier. Ant-Man on the other hand is off the radar, why would Marvel invest in such a film?
If I were to be compared to any of the disciples, I would be Thomas for seeing is believing...Don't just tell me the TRUTH, show me the PROOF...

Justice
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Semper1775 wrote:
Vrock wrote:

Hmm I'd say Iron Man is more 2nd Tier. Ant-Man on the other hand is off the radar, why would Marvel invest in such a film?

Setup for the Avengers movie later on.

I'm almost more excited about the Deadpool spot. I've always loved the Deadpool character and Ryan Reynolds is one of my favorite actors. He is perfect for the role, and a lot of other fans seem to agree with this. Anyhow... not much longer, less than two months till it hits the big screen.
|FN|Steel wrote:

Semper1775
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:27 am

Justice wrote:
Semper1775 wrote:
Vrock wrote:

I'm almost more excited about the Deadpool spot. I've always loved the Deadpool character and Ryan Reynolds is one of my favorite actors. He is perfect for the role, and a lot of other fans seem to agree with this. Anyhow... not much longer, less than two months till it hits the big screen.

Actually if they want to setup an Avenger movie I think the Thor movie would be better suited. Never did get into Deapool, but I know when I was into comics he was immensely popular.
If I were to be compared to any of the disciples, I would be Thomas for seeing is believing...Don't just tell me the TRUTH, show me the PROOF...

Justice
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:37 am

Semper1775 wrote:
Justice wrote:
Semper1775 wrote:

Actually if they want to setup an Avenger movie I think the Thor movie would be better suited. Never did get into Deadpool, but I know when I was into comics he was immensely popular.

The "setup" as it were is a Thor movie, The next Hulk movie, Captain America movie, and an Ant-Man movie.
|FN|Steel wrote:

ssidbroadcast
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue May 06, 2008 1:37 am

So I just saw Iron Man and all I can say is… I liked it.

It suffers from a couple cliches here and there (uber-patriotic overtones, but not as much as Transformers), but doesn't break the stupid-barrier. There have been a LOT of superhero movies lately, and while all of them have a lot of hokey sci-fi/logistical breaches, some can get away with it (Spiderman1&2, Batman Begins, Punisher?) others simply cannot (Fantastic Four, AND sh--y Silver Surfer, GhostRider, Hulk… the list goes on). I'm not sure what it is, either.

The point is, that while Iron Man sortof flirts with the stupid barrier at times it never fully crosses it because all of these moments are just sortof skirted/glossed over and they're never major plot points. You can sit back and enjoy the show. And man, what a show. The special effects pertaining to the suit were pretty dang incredible.

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue May 06, 2008 7:05 am

ssidbroadcast wrote:
It suffers from a couple cliches here and there (uber-patriotic overtones, but not as much as Transformers),

Er? Where the real villain is, unsuprising, an American? With the terrorists in the film just being his pawns? I mean, I knew it was coming, but please. Is the only enemy us?

Richie_G
Gerbil XP

Tue May 06, 2008 7:19 am

Glorious wrote:
Er? Where the real villain is, unsuprising, an American? With the terrorists in the film just being his pawns? I mean, I knew it was coming, but please. Is the only enemy us?

Erm, I always thought that you often had a British dude as the baddie in most films as it happens... Aside from that, it's either a Brit as the villain, or as the butler (who we all know is always the true hero!)...

Possible spoiler alert follows:

But the main problem for me wasn't the bad guy's nationality, it was the fact that I couldn't take him seriously in any way. I was expecting John Goodman to come on towards the end when we find out his real intentions (as if we didn't know) and say 'Dude, they peed on your rug...'

Iron Man vs Jeff Lebowski anyone?
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue May 06, 2008 7:37 am

Richie_G wrote:
Erm, I always thought that you often had a British dude as the baddie in most films as it happens... Aside from that, it's either a Brit as the villain, or as the butler (who we all know is always the true hero!)...

Not always, and not so much recently. Anyway, having a British villian is the same sort of thing anyway. Not too close to home but not too far either....

Nutmeg
Gerbil Elite

Tue May 06, 2008 7:40 am

Well I thought it was excellent. And please Iron Man is clearly top-league.

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed May 07, 2008 11:10 am

Of all the comic book heros, Iron man and Gambit are my favs. This movie made my sunday quite excellent.
Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

Buub
Maximum Gerbil

Wed May 07, 2008 11:46 am

gibson
Gerbil First Class

Wed May 07, 2008 2:03 pm

I loved it. I thought it was right up there with Spiderman 2 for the best superhero movie. There were some lame 'zomg Americas!' themes, but I was only really expecting to watch it for the gadget p0rn, which this movie was full of. :) It does what it does well...
"Not the wind, not the flag; mind is moving."

Justice
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Wed May 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Glorious wrote:

This was present in the comic LONG before the current state of affairs. 1982 to be exact. They used what plot and story was already available and tailored it for the current timeframe.
|FN|Steel wrote: