Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Topic Author

Solar powered... what?

Wed May 14, 2008 2:24 pm

It's pretty astounding that someone can invent a solar-powered bra and that's not the most ridiculous thing about it:
picture caption wrote:
A model (C) displays lingerie maker Triumph International Japan's "Photovoltaic-Powered Bra" during an unveiling in Tokyo May 14, 2008. The camisole bra, which the company calls it as "earth and human friendly", features a solar panel which can display messages on the removable small electric board when the cell generates electricity. The bra is also equipped with pads designed to hold beverages so that the usage of cans and plastic bottles can be reduced, the company said.
Those wacky Japanese....

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: Solar powered... what?

Wed May 14, 2008 2:40 pm

I miss living in Japan.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Wed May 14, 2008 6:19 pm

If the woman is carrying a beverage in it, is that the same thing as stuffing?
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed May 14, 2008 7:27 pm

People feel it's comfortable and they also think they're more eco-friendly now.
But mind if I ask what the problem is with old bras? It's not like they were sucking electric power like a damned GT200. How can you use less electricity than 0? This is definitely not one bit greener.

Generates power to charge a mobile device. I'm more of a fan of devices you can shake or spin by hand for a few times to charge themselves, instead of looking like an idiot in such wear.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed May 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Dude, you're taking this way too seriously.

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Wed May 14, 2008 7:34 pm

Anything that cups and supports breasts deserves to be taken seriously!

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue May 20, 2008 4:36 am

Like my hands? OOOOHOHHH SNAP!
Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil

Tue May 20, 2008 5:06 am

Is the beverage dispenser tube situated in the cleavage so one has to plunge his face between his girlfriend's breasts to retrieve it?

What they should have designed is a bra that captures the heat generated by the human body and the motion from walking and general movement to generate electricity (similar to how they generate electricity on hiking backpacks). Although I would like to see girls walking around in bras all over the place (and solar panels would make it lovingly geeky), I doubt it'll be commonplace.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III

liquidsquid
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue May 20, 2008 5:43 am

FireGryphon wrote:
Is the beverage dispenser tube situated in the cleavage so one has to plunge his face between his girlfriend's breasts to retrieve it?

What they should have designed is a bra that captures the heat generated by the human body and the motion from walking and general movement to generate electricity (similar to how they generate electricity on hiking backpacks). Although I would like to see girls walking around in bras all over the place (and solar panels would make it lovingly geeky), I doubt it'll be commonplace.

For most of us geeks, something capturing body movement would generate about a 1WH a day during trips to the bathroom, snack machine, and car. Its why I had to trade in the riding lawnmower for a walk-behind.

-LS

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil

Tue May 20, 2008 5:50 am

liquidsquid wrote:
FireGryphon wrote:

For most of us geeks, something capturing body movement would generate about a 1WH a day during trips to the bathroom, snack machine, and car. Its why I had to trade in the riding lawnmower for a walk-behind.

-LS

I wasn't intending for us to wear the bras; it's for our girlfriends or wives. They certainly move around enough.

If you don't get the double entendre by now, the bra generators could capture the pleasant up and down motion of their precious bounty. The electricity yield would be directly proportional to cup size, and that just goes to show that there's more than aesthetic beauty to a well-endowed female. ;)
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III

SuperSpy
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue May 20, 2008 9:04 am

Desktop: i7-4790K @4.8 GHz | 32 GB | EVGA Gefore 1060 | Windows 10 x64
Laptop: MacBook Pro 2017 2.9GHz | 16 GB | Radeon Pro 560