Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

SecretMaster
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Who do you want to see live?

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:45 pm

With Led Zeppelin most definately going on a reunion tour (which I pray I can get tickets for), and having just seen the Eagles play a few weeks ago, and looking forward to seeing Ringo Starr this weekend, I got to thinking. Who else do I want to see live before I (or most likely they) die? Well my number one choice is Pink Floyd, as I've been a complete addict of them for 6 years now. But my "live" list I've compiled is slowly making progress.

Pink Floyd (I've seen David Gilmour and Richard Wright play together, Roger Waters and Nick Mason play together, but I need all four of them to come to NY)
Eagles (Saw them on May 30th, I'm hoping they swing by NY sometime soon again)
Paul McCartney
Ringo Starr (Going to see him)
Led Zeppelin (hopefully!)
CSNY (they went around a few years back I think, but I was too young/missed out on them)
CCR (although it will never happen)

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Re: Who do you want to see live?

Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:30 pm

Having seen the late-era Genesis reunion tour last year, my sole remaining "I don't care what it costs" show would be a classic-era Genesis show with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett. From what I've read this nearly came off for 2007 and, if it had, it would have been a recreation of the 1974-1975 Lamb Lies Down on Broadway shows. I would have been more than happy with that.

In the end, what I really want is a new Gabriel-era Genesis show from the original participants (ROIOs just don't cut it for a band as visual as Genesis). I can get this north of the border with the excellent tribute band The Musical Box (the only group ever allowed to use the triptych slide projections from the original Lamb shows), but I still want to see those old bat wings on Peter Gabriel's near-bald head.

Some in-betweens, Phil.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

David
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:37 pm

Pink Floyd is about the only band that I want to see no matter the cost. There are tons of bans that I would really like to see, but nothing that I really have to see before I/they die.
Xbox Live = narcon / Steam = narcon / PSN = Pontifex

SecretMaster
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Oh I completley forgot about The Who. They went around last year but by the time I went to get tickets they were sold out :( . I heard they were awesome.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:01 pm

Pink Floyd - I saw them sans waters and it was great (Division Bell Tour)
Eagles - I never wanted to pay the high $$$ they ask, but I have seen 3 of em solo.
Paul McCartney Ringo Starr - Be nice to see em together.
Led Zeppelin - Sadly I think Plant's voice (much like David Lee Roth) is done. I saw Plant at least a decade ago.
CSNY - I saw them minus Y.
CCR - I saw Fogherty and he is CCR.

Having been to 100+ concerts I have checked off most bands on my list. There are several that are either dead or will never perform again (either solo or together) that I don't count.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:08 pm

SecretMaster wrote:
Oh I completley forgot about The Who. They went around last year but by the time I went to get tickets they were sold out :( . I heard they were awesome.

Saw them at Giants Stadium in 1989 on their 25th anniversary tour. Before the tour there had been lots of press that Pete wasn't going to play electric at all due to his well-known hearing issues stemming from the Smothers Brothers/Keith Moon drum explosion, so I was worried about just how good the show could be. Well, they came on stage and started playing the Overture to Tommy and the crowd went absolutely nuts. Pete was windmilling his electric just like the old days and all was right with the world. That was the best show I've ever seen from the POV of a band's ability to hold 70,000 people in the palm of their hands, feed off that energy, and deliver it back to the crowd tenfold. I can only imagine what it was like when Keith Moon was still alive.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

crazybus

Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:09 am

I'd like to see Between the Buried and Me live. First, Paul Waggoner is a machine, and second, I've heard their live shows are immaculate. They were up this way about six weeks ago as part of Progressive Nation but I missed them :cry:.
[email protected] | GA-P35-DS3L | 8GB DDR2-800 | MSI GTX 560 Ti | Lian Li PC-7B | Corsair 450VX | Dell 2005FPW

Darkmage
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:40 am

SecretMaster wrote:
Who do you want to see live?

Jenna Jameson. :D
If there is one thing a remote-controlled, silent and unseeable surveillance/killing machine needs, it’s more whimsy. -- Marcus

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:35 am

We have been to a bunch of concerts so there isnt many left we really want to see. The only two that come to mind are Disturbed and Godsmack. If you like the Scorpions and havent seen them live do it. They are OMFG good live.

Richie_G
Gerbil XP

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:46 am

Well I'd also love to see Pink Floyd live, but sadly I think that's become much less likely.

I will say that I have seen the Australian Pink Floyd and have no doubts in recommending them as a viable alternative, they're bloody good!

http://www.aussiefloyd.com/
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Fighterpilot

Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:01 am

Ive seen many great acts live...Paul McCartney and the Eagles live at Tokyo Dome,Eric Clapton and Coldplay in Osaka,Black sabbath,
Pink Floyd "Delicate sounds of Thunder" tour (the best of all),ACDC, The Sundays,Susan Vega,The Stones,etc but I would have loved to have seen Supertramp live...man they were a great band. 8)
Last edited by Fighterpilot on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

SecretMaster
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Richie_G wrote:
Well I'd also love to see Pink Floyd live, but sadly I think that's become much less likely.

I will say that I have seen the Australian Pink Floyd and have no doubts in recommending them as a viable alternative, they're bloody good!

http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

I've heard many things about the Aussie Pink Floyd, but for me it would never be the same. And the fate of Pink Floyd right now rests on David Gilmour. Right now he may have no desire but maybe he'll change his mind.

pikaporeon
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:57 pm

Circle Takes the Square
Envy
Boris [seeing this summer]
Wouldn't mind seeing Dir en grey again.
Saetia too, but they're disbanded, and Hot Cross was nowhere near as good
Brand New if they played some older stuff
Radiohead
Muse again.
Hey girl you want a bad boy? I overclock my backup servers.
Ryzen 9 5900X | 2070 Super | 32 GB RAM | BX100 500 GB+MX500 500GB+660P 1TB
Sempron [email protected] | 2 GB RAM | 6 TB | FreeBSD 12

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:10 pm

I want to see MC Chris pretty bad. I missed the last couple times he came thru Oklahoma. Other than that, I've seen most of my favorite bands already; Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Ozzy, Tool, Deftones, plus many others. Going to see Dragonforce next month.
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy

crazybus

Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Yeah Muse and Radiohead would be sweet. Beck is a show I'd like to see and he's actually coming here later this summer. Too bad I'll probably miss it. I'll add that it would have been great to get in on the Thrice / Brand New / mewithoutYou tour.
[email protected] | GA-P35-DS3L | 8GB DDR2-800 | MSI GTX 560 Ti | Lian Li PC-7B | Corsair 450VX | Dell 2005FPW

pikaporeon
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:32 pm

crazybus wrote:
Yeah Muse and Radiohead would be sweet. Beck is a show I'd like to see and he's actually coming here later this summer. Too bad I'll probably miss it. I'll add that it would have been great to get in on the Thrice / Brand New / mewithoutYou tour.

The BN / THrice / mwY tour was good, I wish Brand New played a few more Deja Entendu songs, and maybe a song or two from YFW instead of an eight minute tribute to Neutral Milk Hotel [Jeff Mangum is the most overrated thing to happen to underground music ever.]
Hey girl you want a bad boy? I overclock my backup servers.
Ryzen 9 5900X | 2070 Super | 32 GB RAM | BX100 500 GB+MX500 500GB+660P 1TB
Sempron [email protected] | 2 GB RAM | 6 TB | FreeBSD 12