Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

tukkus
Gerbil First Class

Re: Need Suggestions On Degrading Single FM Station

Fri May 04, 2012 9:34 pm

No, you cant quit, you have to carry this on for those of us that haven't been able to fight back in this type of a situation. You must carry on with this endeavor and jam those evil-doers of their prized ear-candy, they must be made to suffer the sound of silence.

Darkmage
Lord High Gerbil

Mon May 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Ah, yes. If one employee doesn't like it then by god, nobody will be able to listen to it! Fight the power! My rights are supreme! I must get my way![/sarc]

You're out-voted. Suck it up.

Edited to add - I noticed this:
"i think your plan is awesome."
wirerogue
Gerbil First Class
Yeah, perhaps you shouldn't listen to his advice on this one.
If there is one thing a remote-controlled, silent and unseeable surveillance/killing machine needs, it’s more whimsy. -- Marcus

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri May 11, 2012 9:53 am

Now for a sane suggestion... Bring your own radio. Turn it up. Way up. It will lead to a small pissing match but it will start a lot of talk. Usually it leads to a no radio rule. Personally I would rather have the silence than listen to the **** other people call music.
Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

wirerogue
Gerbil First Class

Fri May 11, 2012 10:10 am

Darkmage wrote:
Ah, yes. If one employee doesn't like it then by god, nobody will be able to listen to it! Fight the power! My rights are supreme! I must get my way![/sarc]

You're out-voted. Suck it up.

Edited to add - I noticed this:
"i think your plan is awesome."
wirerogue
Gerbil First Class
Yeah, perhaps you shouldn't listen to his advice on this one.

i got quoted... hooray!!!!

cjcerny
Gerbil First Class

Fri May 11, 2012 10:34 am

Getting yourself a nice pair of noise cancelling headphones isn't an option?

The problem with going on the offensive vs. co-workers who are already inconsiderate is that eventually they will figure it out. So, you will not only have to then deal with them blasting their radio again, but you will also have to deal with their revenge, which usually manifests itself as stolen lunches, scratched car doors, and other charming "pranks". You really can't win on this one. Deal with it in a way that doesn't involve keeping them from doing what they are already doing--or you will find yourself looking for a new job one way or another.

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Fri May 11, 2012 6:53 pm

cjcerny wrote:
Getting yourself a nice pair of noise cancelling headphones isn't an option?

Noise cancelling headphones don't work that way. They're pretty effective against repetitive lower-frequency signals, such as wind slipstream and motor hum, but a time-varying signal (such as music or voice) will often be emphasized because it gets rebroadcast into the headphones but the next wave cycle from the source is significantly different, so cancellation fails to occur.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration