Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: Star Wars Episode 7??

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Scrotos wrote:
That is hilarious coming from you! You're totally not the type to glom onto something and not let go of it no matter what! Buahah!
clone, how dare you turn down his gracious offer!

Aw, cute! You and clone can be besties!

clone wrote:
Glorious the most pathetic part about this response is that you thought I was talking to you, another even sadder aspect you may want to consider is the ridiculous belief that you have any control over me.

Haha. Clearly no one has any control over you. Not even yourself. :wink:

clone wrote:
I can and will post about what I want, how I want, whenever I want to, you don't factor into that equation.

Strange that you took my rhetorical comment as some sort of imperative, but then again your grasp on the language has never been your strong suit. I'm still not really sure what your strong suit is, actually. :P

clone wrote:
lol I had just made the post above when I saw the absurdity he posted.

You guys should get one of those two-piece heart pendants, that'd be soooo rad.

clone
Gerbil Elite

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Last edited by clone on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neg

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:02 pm

clone wrote:
Glorious have you figured out how small you look yet?

claims of rhetorical, sarcasm and emoticons won't change your inability to control your hands.

Uh-huh. Still having trouble finding that shift key, aren't you? :P

I appreciate that you are trying to help me understand how "small" I look through your strange habit of under-capitalization, so I feel I must commend your deft handling of your keyboard. :wink:

clone wrote:
so true.

Nice job quoting yourself there, Gene Ray. :roll:

clone wrote:
Glorious if you don't want to be a part of this discussion, leave, if you aren't interested leave, no one is forcing you to be a part of this discussion, no one is turning on your monitor, forcing you to log onto the internet, go to TechReport, click on the forum thread Star Wars7 and lastly no one is forcing you to turn childish and cry.... it's all you ace, all on you.

Oh? You were talking to me?

I thought you were just writing that for yourself, sorry. I stopped taking you seriously a few posts ago.

clone
Gerbil Elite

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 pm

neg

clone
Gerbil Elite

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Last edited by clone on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neg

grantmeaname
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 pm

What do you mean, nonexistent? The thread has 3260 views as of this writing and I'm sitting here with my popcorn loving it.
Krogoth wrote:
Care to enlightenment me?

clone
Gerbil Elite

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:34 pm

neg

grantmeaname
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 pm

No, they're probably mostly gone. But if I have an excuse to impersonate somebody with a sense of humor, I'll do it.
Krogoth wrote:

Darkmage
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 pm

grantmeaname wrote:
No, they're probably mostly gone. But if I have an excuse to impersonate somebody with a sense of humor, I'll do it.
And the best part is that because they have a sense of humor, they'll get the joke!
If there is one thing a remote-controlled, silent and unseeable surveillance/killing machine needs, it’s more whimsy. -- Marcus

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 pm

clone wrote:
and we were done until you singled me out which didn't take long at all, you lost control almost immediately and have been shrinking ever since.

clone wrote:
incapable of controlling your fingers, only crying now, angry, frustrated tears, unable to stop.

clone wrote:
p.s. yes attack my grammar that will make you matter

clone wrote:
that said their is nothing like the slavish adherence to protocol to identify the unimaginative mind and I thank you for the critique, I knew the trait was lying in wait

clone wrote:
never took you serious, you've always been a running joke to me.

...Only five minutes later:

clone wrote:
it'd be nice if the thread got back to discussing something about Star Wars and to be clear I'm more than eager to do so, so long as the personal attacks stop.

Gee clone, one of these quotes is not like the others! :roll:

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:05 pm

grantmeaname wrote:
What do you mean, nonexistent? The thread has 3260 views as of this writing and I'm sitting here with my popcorn loving it.

I brought Milk Duds.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:24 pm

grantmeaname wrote:

I guess you are referring to something that clone, probably wisely, decided to edit out. :lol:

At any rate, I would love to talk about Star Wars. So I shall.

Hawkwing74 wrote:
When you say 3) Lucas failed to overcome...what did he fail to overcome? His pride that he can do no wrong? His failure to let competent directors and writers handle his ideas?

The #3 reason for the great betrayal is predicated on a host of discussions that would probably take too long to delve into, but the general gist is that Lucas, as he aged, became complacent while simultaneously succumbing to his own personality cult.

The idea is that this is somewhat normal, that it occurs naturally, and must be actively resisted and overcome by all great creators should they continue to create great works.

I should also mention the renegade counter-proposition, referred to as the "unspeakable vice of the sith," in which there was no betrayal, but merely a great unveiling. That Lucas is nothing more than a charlatan and that A New Hope, while perhaps great, is only an irreproducible and near-miraculous coalescence of many minds and hands.

lilbuddhaman
Gerbil First Class

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:28 pm

superjawes wrote:
I brought Milk Duds.

Goobers are better, 157% better according to sales data. Which matters you know.
I am jaded. I am cynical.

superjawes

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:34 pm

lilbuddhaman wrote:
superjawes wrote:
I brought Milk Duds.

Goobers are better, 157% better according to sales data. Which matters you know.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a big movie candy person...actually, I can't remember the last time I had any candy.

But I digress...this thread seems like it may have finally rolled credits, and now we're just waiting to see if there is a teaser after.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

trackerben

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 pm

superjawes wrote:
But I digress...this thread seems like it may have finally rolled credits, and now we're just waiting to see if there is a teaser after.

No! It cannot be! Too much has been fought over by so many for this thread to slide into oblivion... without a proper discussion of how Disney writers might eliminate Jar-Jar from the mix.

grantmeaname
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:24 pm

With a proton torpedo, hopefully.
Krogoth wrote:

trackerben

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:28 pm

grantmeaname wrote:

You are cooking with two 'verses. But that's a nice thought to bring home.

trackerben

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 pm

And I just realized that Disney's ownership may give them the right to merge Star Wars with storylines from its other properties, and Lucas might not object if its done on broadcast TV. Pixar got close to breaking the wall between Empire Strikes back and Toy Story 2. What if they put the 'Star Wars' and 'Pirates' franchises together? Disney already did something along the same lines in Treasure Planet...

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:37 pm

trackerben wrote:
And I just realized that Disney's ownership may give them the right to merge Star Wars with storylines from its other properties, and Lucas might not object if its done on broadcast TV. Pixar/Disney got to close to breaking the wall between Empire Strikes back and Toy Story 2. What if they put the 'Star Wars' and 'Pirates' franchises together? Disney already did something along the same lines in Treasure Planet...

Are you just clueing into the fear we old farts (i.e. those that hold IV-VI in such high regard) think that Disney + Lucas is a Bad ThingTM
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:45 pm

trackerben wrote:
And I just realized that Disney's ownership may give them the right to merge Star Wars with storylines from its other properties, and Lucas might not object if its done on broadcast TV. Pixar got close to breaking the wall between Empire Strikes back and Toy Story 2. What if they put the 'Star Wars' and 'Pirates' franchises together? Disney already did something along the same lines in Treasure Planet...

I think you're insane (but please don't consider that an insult).

I truthfully think this is the best thing that could have happened for Lucasfilm. Disney has the 'gumption' to do it right.

trackerben

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
Are you just clueing into the fear we old farts (i.e. those that hold IV-VI in such high regard) think that Disney + Lucas is a Bad ThingTM

When it comes to tinkering with the classic series, I can be die-hard old fart. With the prequels I'd be more ok with Disney doing deals with any 'ole devil by way of Lucas.

trackerben

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Airmantharp wrote:
I think you're insane (but please don't consider that an insult).

I truthfully think this is the best thing that could have happened for Lucasfilm. Disney has the 'gumption' to do it right.

You know what was insane to me at the time? Luke finding Dad Vader. But hey, anyone who can come in and make stuff like that work out in the Star Wars 'verse gets my ticket money.

morphine
TR Staff

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Captain Ned wrote:

Other than getting Justin Bieber and the Twilight cast into Star Wars, it's not like Disney can do a worse job than Lucas, you know.

I think overall this is a positive change. Perhaps finally they'll give it a more serious/mature spin.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Krogoth
Emperor Gerbilius I

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 am

ITT: SW and nerd rage is serious business.
Gigabyte X670 AORUS-ELITE AX, Raphael 7950X, 2x16GiB of G.Skill TRIDENT DDR5-5600, Sapphire RX 6900XT, Seasonic GX-850 and Fractal Define 7 (W)
Ivy Bridge 3570K, 2x4GiB of G.Skill RIPSAW DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Corsair CX-750M V2, and PC-7B

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:15 am

No one has even considered the most important question; what does SUPERSHADOW have to say about all this????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Vrock
Gerbil God

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 am

trackerben wrote:
grantmeaname wrote:

You are cooking with two 'verses.
No, he's not. Proton torpedoes were what Luke used to destroy the first Death Star. He fired them into a small thermal exhaust port that was only two meters wide, and it was just like bulls-eying womp rats in his T-16 back home.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 am

Vrock wrote:
No, he's not. Proton torpedoes were what Luke used to destroy the first Death Star. He fired them into a small thermal exhaust port that was only two meters wide, and it was just like bulls-eying womp rats in his T-16 back home.

Luke, you've turned off your tracking computer.

I'm OK

The Force is strong in this one.

Let's blow this thing and go home.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:44 am

Vrock wrote:
He fired them into a small thermal exhaust port that was only two meters wide, and it was just like bulls-eying womp rats in his T-16 back home.

Technically, womp rats are "not much bigger than two meters" :P :P :P

Speaking of which, the original script didn't even have the "Luke, you switched off your targeting computer. What's wrong -- Nothing. I'm alright" line, and until Marcia insisted otherwise, Luke actually made two passes at the Death Star :roll:

clone
Gerbil Elite

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:47 am

Last edited by clone on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neg

grantmeaname
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:27 am

Maybe Jar-Jar will have his head mounted on a plaque in the background of some home scene as a little cameo. How cool would that be?
Krogoth wrote: