Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: TR BBQ ~XI~ Official Thread (7/19/14)

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 am

Well my favorite part was when lonewolf was thought to be me lol....damn nametags lol.

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:40 am

Captain Ned wrote:
FroBozz's rage quit just might have made it.

FroBozz rage quit? How the heck did I miss that? ;)

Oh wait...I did not since I was the one he rage quit on.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

drfish
Gerbil Elder
Topic Author

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:06 am

Captain Ned wrote:
Flying Fox wrote:
Anyone got videos? Especially of the tourney and fireworks?

No Dposcorp, no vids.

Sheldon got some vids on his phone, but he has a super crappy connection at home so probably won't upload them until he can get to my house next. I'll be sure to post them.

Biscuit_fish
Gerbil In Training

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am

Just wanted to say that this was my 1st TRBBQ experience. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to attend this year after a few years of sis_of_fish trying to get me to attend. It was something I hope to be able to make a yearly thing now. I'm also really glad Laura and I were able to give everyone the enjoyment of being able to remember the BBQ through the pictures we took. Next year I think I'll bring my good tripod for the group photos and maybe even have a remote for the shutter so we don't have to race a timer. I look forward to seeing everyone again next year and hopefully get to know some of you better than just a quick introduction. Thanks to everyone who made this great time a possibility, and see you all next year hopefully.

jss21382
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:12 am

Captain Ned wrote:
idchafee wrote:
Where was jss21382 this year? He hardly every misses!

Last logon is 9 April 2014, so no real idea.

Yeah, Friday night Gleek proclaimed that I was the lamest of them all.

http://www.kissmeinannarbor.com/ committed to helping back in February, you guys couldn't have asked for a better weekend...On Sunday I grilled 144 burgers, 120 hot dogs, and 48 veggie burgers...so aside from being totally different it was exactly the same!
X2 3800+ @ 2.3, 2GB Mushkin pc3200, Lanparty Ultra-D, X850XT @ 560/585

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 am

zgirl wrote:
Captain Ned wrote:
FroBozz's rage quit just might have made it.

FroBozz rage quit? How the heck did I miss that? ;)

Oh wait...I did not since I was the one he rage quit on.

You had already won when I "rage quit" - let me just make sure that's understood. ("but if you got the next two in the hole!" - gimmie a break)
Playing you is the pinnacle of frustration for me, and I feel after all these years that I don't have to hide my dismay. If that comes off as "poor sport" I apologize.
That's not my intent. Maybe I'm wrong? You already *know* you will win every time you play. Having "hope" is a mistake to begin with when it comes time to play you. In my head in order to play a game, I have to know going in that I have a chance to win. To pretend to have a chance against you is a mental denial I have to engage in. I don't normally behave like that, ever. Just for you Kelli :)

Ned - sorry about that. (maglight)

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 am

FroBozz_Inc wrote:

No probs. You lot were still fast asleep when I came & left.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:48 pm

See, playing someone like Kelli does the exact opposite for me. I know imma get blasted, so I just kick back and enjoy it.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:06 pm

FroBozz_Inc wrote:
You had already won when I "rage quit" - let me just make sure that's understood. ("but if you got the next two in the hole!" - gimmie a break)
Playing you is the pinnacle of frustration for me, and I feel after all these years that I don't have to hide my dismay. If that comes off as "poor sport" I apologize.
That's not my intent. Maybe I'm wrong? You already *know* you will win every time you play. Having "hope" is a mistake to begin with when it comes time to play you. In my head in order to play a game, I have to know going in that I have a chance to win. To pretend to have a chance against you is a mental denial I have to engage in. I don't normally behave like that, ever. Just for you Kelli :)

Hide your dismay? Every year, I stand next to shoes while you play and we laugh at how pissed you get. LOL I missed it this year, but the "rage quit" story makes up for it.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 am

Oh, almost forgot to give a shout out to gleek treating me, JBI, and sheldomaus to a tasty mexican breakfast before we left. Oh and also sheldomaus almost rolling his blazer when taking a sharp turn without braking :o

thegleek
Darth Gerbil

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 am

idchafee wrote:
Where was jss21382 this year? He hardly every misses!

He was in ann arbor dancing with girls doing some kind of cha-cha swing dancing stuff.

i told him i was highly disappointed that he placed dancing with girls over the annual tr bbq.

thegleek
Darth Gerbil

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:44 am

idchafee wrote:
See, playing someone like Kelli does the exact opposite for me. I know imma get blasted, so I just kick back and enjoy it.

same. i love playing against more skilled players then myself and kelli is at the top of that list. one day in the near future i have hopes of winning against her in a tournament. i scored at least 9 points which is an accomplishment in itself.

and np on the mexi-b'fast, it's become a tradition going years back with just myself and sheldon. so much fun. glad we could add +2 to the list!

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 am

FroBozz_Inc wrote:

No I had not "won" scoring does not take place until after all the bags have been thrown. I have been ahead numerous times against people and ended up with no scoring taking place.

FroBozz_Inc wrote:
Playing you is the pinnacle of frustration for me, and I feel after all these years that I don't have to hide my dismay.

I completely understand that and have absolutely no issue with you venting all you want. It is actually quite entertaining. :D

FroBozz_Inc wrote:
If that comes off as "poor sport" I apologize.

You do whatever it is that you need to do. I completely understand how difficult it is to play against me. However the rage quit, while funny, might have been a bit much. ;) :D

Look I understand I am incredibly difficult to play against. I just love to play so I welcome the opportunity to do so and I have lost a couple of times at the BBQ.

It is possible I am not infallible. :D
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."

drfish
Gerbil Elder
Topic Author

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 am

Starfalcon wrote:
Oh and also sheldomaus almost rolling his blazer when taking a sharp turn without braking :o

How very interesting... I'm telling his mom. :lol:

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Also should I change my handle since everyone just uses my first name now? :wink: :D

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:19 pm

zgirl wrote:
Also should I change my handle since everyone just uses my first name now? :wink: :D

That's between you and JBI.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

just brew it!
Administrator

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
zgirl wrote:

That's between you and JBI.

You make it sound ominous. :lol:

But yeah... provided the handle isn't already taken, changing it is just a PM away.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:04 am

OK so here's a question. I took the Wasson Cup on a 2000+ mile roadtrip that hit 6 US states and Ontario. Should I post the WC pics from the trip now, or put them on ClickClick's USB drive to save for BBQ2015?

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:11 am

idchafee wrote:
OK so here's a question. I took the Wasson Cup on a 2000+ mile roadtrip that hit 6 US states and Ontario. Should I post the WC pics from the trip now, or put them on ClickClick's USB drive to save for BBQ2015?

Both, but I suggest keeping the best ones to the USB drive to entice people to come for the cup next year. ;)
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

drfish
Gerbil Elder
Topic Author

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:38 am

I'm torn... I suppose I should post ClickClick5's pics though... Here they are. 8)

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:50 am

The Wasson Cup came to Denver and the locals weren't invited for a viewing?
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

thegleek
Darth Gerbil

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:19 pm

ludi wrote:
The Wasson Cup came to Denver and the locals weren't invited for a viewing?

that cup is like TR's holy grail (literally too! lol), and everywhere it goes, the locals should be allowed for a viewing and photo op's! :P

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:00 pm

I think what I'll do is sit on the pics and post them post TRBBQ2015. I got some good ones on this trip, but I forgot to get a few more that I had planned :cry: