Milo Burke wrote:
I like the direction of the t-shirt design!
Just brainstorming, a few musings:
- the color might look good if it is a little bit brighter of a blue
- would three be a better number of magnifying glasses?
- maybe one of the magnifying glasses could have something techy, like a laptop or PC or circuit (or perhaps an "inside the second" reference with a stopwatch?)
- fonts are good, but not superb - maybe play around with a few more until things really seem to pop?
- I wonder if TR should be significantly bigger than the rest of the text
- If TR is bigger, maybe it could be layered with very small "ech" "eport" after it?
Kind of like that, but much more integrated than I can do with this forum editor?
I suppose I should clarify a few things, based on your suggestions, Milo:
- The blue is arbitrary, in that it will not be present in the final design. For the sake of keeping costs down so Fish can still net a fair profit from this fundraiser, the design will be in one colour. The blue here would represent the shirt's colour, essentially. There are many options for the single colour of the design to be in, however, so the black is open to change, but that's limited to a selection of about 20-30 solid colours.
- Generally, I agree that odd numbers are better for composition, but three seemed like too few to me, and five seemed too many. I can add a fifth "techy" design, and we can vote on which elements stay, perhaps.
- Fonts are limited at my at-home computer, but I have a plethora of options and font effects available to me with the design programs at work. I do like the suggestion of making the TR stand out from BBQ, but again for simplicity's sake and cost-effectiveness, I opted for fewer letters, rather than spelling the whole thing out. The wearers will know what TR stands for, no? I will look into distinguishing the two sets of letters though.
Thank you, keep the suggestions coming ^^