Gerbil Khan

Re: The writing in Fallout 4 is garbage. *MAIN STORY SPOILER

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:00 am

I'll just leave this here.

LOL
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Convert
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:19 pm

travbrad wrote:
This sort of thing is pretty much standard for such an open world RPG with so many choices. It's very hard if not impossible to make everything you encounter story/lore-wise match up with your experience and how you play the game. Taking every single choice into account would basically grow the game/dialogue/story-branches exponentially.

I really don't think it's that hard if they just approach it appropriately. They build these amazing and complex visual engines, why not a dependency checking storyboard program? I'm not saying it would be easy or quick, but that should be the price of admission when the story is supposed to be a integral part of the game. It's not like the dialogue has to be so incredibly detailed that each and every character mentions what you had for breakfast 20 game days ago either, so long as they focus most of the attention on the main story arcs and add in secondary stuff for the smaller decisions then that would be perfectly fine.

They were able to pull this kind of thing off with past games. It's like they want to make sure the story is exactly how they want it and they can't stand the thought you might miss some nugget of story if you kill off someone. You end up with the illusion of it being an open world, and a poorly done one at that.
Tachyonic Karma: Future decisions traveling backwards in time to smite you now.

Vhalidictes
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:48 pm

tanker27 wrote:
I'll just leave this here.

LOL

There are all kinds of excuses that could be made for various elements of the story.

The one thing that I don't get (note that I haven't entered the Institute yet) is that Kellog (whose backstory was pretty well done IMO) is apparently 150 years old? Or something? Makes no sense at all. How the hell could he still be alive?

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:38 pm

I don't remember Fallout 1 and 2 having these issues.

/get off my lawn *shaking cane*

drobber
Gerbil

Re: The writing in Fallout 4 is garbage. *MAIN STORY SPOILERS*

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:21 am

Who can advise where to find the common app essay to help students write essays? I try to complete such tasks on my own, but sometimes there is absolutely a strong lack of time. At such moments, there is no choice but to order the writing of an essay on the Internet. Perhaps you have used such services and know where to find a good one.

JackMoore
Gerbil In Training

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:13 am

Thanks for the recommendation! And from my experience, I can say that almost each student somethimes have writing troubles. For me, the hardest is to write research papers and argumentative essays. Previous times I managed somehow to finish each myself, but not this time. I had to get the help of https://edusson.com/write-my-argumentative-essay because I couldn't write my argumentative essay without professional assistance. But, except for quality written paper, I recieved an example of how the essay should look, and it's also helpful for skills development.
Last edited by JackMoore on Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

AdrianneHeadley
Gerbil In Training

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:25 am

I think that each student has faced writing troubles. The reasons can be different, starting from lack of time and ending with lack of skills. For me writing a paper is not that complicated, but from time to time, I have trouble writing argumentative essays.

Januja
Gerbil In Training

Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:27 am

Guys, thanks for the recommendations