Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

biffzinker
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Fallout 4 DLC

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:23 am

The first DLC Automatron for Fallout 4 is out, just happened to peek at Steam while playing a game when it was downloading (475 MB.)
Edit: 711 MB (746,574,665 bytes) expanded in the Fallout 4/Data folder
It would take you 2,363 continuous hours or 98 days,11 hours, and 35 minutes of gameplay to complete your Steam library.
In this time you could travel to Venus one time.

ZappaFan
Gerbil

Re: Fallout 4 DLC

Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:19 am

It was buggy at first, a lot of reports of game crashes, which I was experiencing at first as well. I would play for about 10 minutes and the game would just go *poof*. So I started saving a lot. Played about an hour this morning and I didn't have any crashes so maybe they patched that already.
"Eschew Obfuscation"

biffzinker
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:45 am

Played for a few hours yesterday without any crashing. Observed some odd behavior with physics, and scripted events not responding but no crashing.
It would take you 2,363 continuous hours or 98 days,11 hours, and 35 minutes of gameplay to complete your Steam library.
In this time you could travel to Venus one time.

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:35 am

Finished it yesterday.
No issues, no crashes.
It's okay. Nothing to write home about.

Can now build robots as traveling companions. Meh
You need the Robotics and Blacksmith perks to build anything decent.

If you don't have the Season Pass/
Is it worth it?
No.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX R9 390 | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision

ZappaFan
Gerbil

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:49 am

I liked it OK. The new quest is pretty cool. I play a sneak-snipe build with Dogmeat & Lone Wanderer perk. Robots can be pretty anti-sneak, I was going to experiment around and see if I could make a robot that worked with a sneak-snipe build. The main thing I liked with bots is that they can carry a lot.

If I were to start over with a more "in their face" type of build I'd definitely go with a bot because they can kick ass.
"Eschew Obfuscation"

Vhalidictes
Gerbil Jedi

Thu May 05, 2016 5:34 pm

ZappaFan wrote:
I liked it OK. The new quest is pretty cool. I play a sneak-snipe build with Dogmeat & Lone Wanderer perk. Robots can be pretty anti-sneak, I was going to experiment around and see if I could make a robot that worked with a sneak-snipe build. The main thing I liked with bots is that they can carry a lot.

If I were to start over with a more "in their face" type of build I'd definitely go with a bot because they can kick ass.

I'm fairly certain that you can build a sneaky/melee Assaultron. I'm not 100% sure because I ended up not taking it with me, but it could stealth on a regular basis, which is neat.

I ended up taking some kind of insane dual-rocket-launcher robobrain/assault bot hybrid with me, I just send it in ahead and let it destroy stuff, shut down due to overheat, and then when the enemies are either dealt with or stand down again I sneak on in behind it.