Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Ark Survival Evolved - Casual PVE

Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:52 pm

If anyone is interested in joining us for some epic dinosaur action please feel free!  We are hosting a public server with some adjustments to rates and some fun mods to make Ark more "casual" friendly.  If you have tried the official version of this game and it felt to "grindy"  it will be very refreshing.  There is still plenty of game-play to keep people busy for months with these rates.  If you haven't heard of Ark before check it out!!

Add the below IP/port to your steam favorite servers in the "view" menu.  Then when you launch ark and choose "Join Ark"
set the filter to favorites and it should pop up.

Add me on steam! https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991220103/

Server info
IP:Port  45.35.132.124:17816

Map: The Center

Server settings
PVP: OFF (But tribe wars are enabled providing you both agree upon terms.)
Taming -  3x 
Dino food drain 1x
XP -1.5x
harvesting damage 1.75x
Crop growth speed 1.5x
Baby mature speed 4x
Egg Hatch speed 3x
Admin logging on
Map location enabled

Mods will need to install.  Please allow them time to download in steam when you first try to connect.  Once they finish try to connect again and you should be fine.

Mods:
Structures Plus
Pillars Plus
Platforms Plus
Advanced Rafts
Dune Buggy Mod
BUSH PEOPLES! (Primitive)

Feel free to invite any and all.  We will add slots as required.
Last edited by SHOES on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

juzz86
Gerbil First Class

Re: Ark Survival Evolved - Private server

Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:41 pm

How do you find Valhalla mate? 

I thoroughly enjoyed The Center until Wildcard got hold of it, hopefully Valhalla retains independence for a bit longer now that the procedural generation gear has arrived.

Also thoroughly recommend Structures Plus and Pillars Plus to accompany your Platforms Plus. Lord knows the building system needs the help.

If the timezone difference wasn't such a pain I'd hop on for a go with you, I've had my own private server up since 199 but could always be found on Official 1 before the great War.
7700K, 32GB, 1080Ti - Suppressor F1

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Valhalla is great. Very few bugs and stunning views. Modders have decided to stop on current valhalla and are working on a replacement/new map called ragnarok but valhalla is solid as is tbh... ill get structures and pillars also thanks for the tip. I started on 53 way back but needed a more casual outlet. We have only a few players atm.. but more are coming. That said we do cover all timezones with our current guys.

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:41 pm

Thanks for the tip on the mods!  We love them!!!  

Seems like they would adopt these features into the official release at some point, it makes it so much more fun to build things!  Feel free to check us out as we do have a third shifter or two playing.

juzz86
Gerbil First Class

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Sorry mate, I meant to get back to you the other night but it's been a bloody busy week.

Glad you like the Mods, the 'Plus' pack (including Snappy Saddles) makes the game a whole stack more enjoyable. I usually take the Builder role in our games while everyone else is out taming or fighting, so they're right up my alley. If you don't mind a bit of mess in your engram list, Extra ARK 2.0 also adds a ton of features - but hasn't been updated for a long time. The wall-mounted fridges and air-cons are worth it alone.

I've gotta pull the server down for some updates and a reformat (it's a Dell SFF with spinning rust, so have an SSD swap to do as well) so while it's down I might pop in and say G'day! 
7700K, 32GB, 1080Ti - Suppressor F1

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 am

A quick update - We switched to The Center due to the devs dropping support and in fear of future bugs interrupting gameplay as Ark moves toward release.   We figured it would be much safer to live in an "official" world.  The mods you suggested are amazing we love all the building options and improvements.  We have a slowly growing community now of about 5-7 active players but would love to see more people join up.  Side note: I had forgotten how hard Ark was early game lol..  So many funny epic-fail stories! :P 

hendric
Gerbil In Training

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:17 am

Actually, I would recommend against starting on The Center.  Based on the forum threads at survivetheark.com, the developer has been pulled into Studio Wildcard to work on SotF maps for Scorched Earth.  This means no updates on The Center until he's done with those maps.  IE, no Fear Evolved, no new dino spawns, no fixes, etc.  I really wish our tribe knew about this before spending dozens of hours setting up a Prim+ server on The Center with a base in the Redwoods. :(

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:22 am

I love the center (I have about 300+ hrs on the map)  I hear ya though it sucks for the time being.   Bugs aren't game-breaking for a PVE casual environment.  Plus I am sure the will give the center some more love when they finish that project up.  Valhalla was just to darn big for our crowd  and the modders literally turned their backs on it forever.
Last edited by SHOES on Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vhalidictes
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:37 am

That's too bad; I'd like to join but The Center is far from my favorite map.

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:44 am

Vhalidictes wrote:
That's too bad; I'd like to join but The Center is far from my favorite map.

Well, long term the plan is(if we have a healthy amount of players) to cluster and allow players to teleport between various maps.  I will update when we get this all set up but its probably a bit farther out. 

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Re: Ark Survival Evolved - Casual PVE

Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:03 am

Rates and settings have been updated.  In an effort to get more players server has been set to "public".  Hit me up anytime after 6pm(Eastern Time) for your free dino!

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:00 am

Were starting to ramp up!  I have been working tirelessly to educate myself on the manipulation of a mod called "Bush Peoples"  It fills the map with AI controlled "bushmen/women" who shout obscene nonsense at you and can even drug you, steal your things, and fill your inventory with poo!  HAHA!  Its great!  Documentation is horrible but I have been learning alot hanging out in the developers Discord and I have it functioning, albeit in its simplest form.  For now there are only a couple hundred of them roaming the map and they are quite easy to kill..  I will make them tougher and add new and more exciting loot from them later.(They drop some fun stuff now though!)  PVE is a lot more interesting with crazy AI characters running around haha!  Come check us out!

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:58 am

Well after much labor getting this all set up the way I wanted, it seems many of my friends and I, just dont have the time to build and manage a community.  The server is no more.  That said we will be starting fresh on an official server soon.  If your interested in joining us add me on Steam.

Vhalidictes
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:01 pm

SHOES wrote:
Well after much labor getting this all set up the way I wanted, it seems many of my friends and I, just don't have the time to build and manage a community.  The server is no more.  That said we will be starting fresh on an official server soon.  If your interested in joining us add me on Steam.

Shoes, I'm looking into creating a server for myself and some of my friends. 

If you don't mind, is there anything special you discovered that I should know about setting up and managing a server? It sounds like there are some time drains. Thanks!

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Its not to bad really.  Mods can become a pain, depending on which ones you choose to run. (I.E. Bush Peoples) 99% of my efforts were spent trying to get this mod to function the way I wanted. The real problem is there are so many servers out there to choose from that it is hard to populate your own. The game becomes rather lonely.  In our case we were better off finding a server to play on together.