Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

gamaray
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

CAN’T CONNECT TO INTERNET~Xbox error

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Howdy everyone, I am in a weird situation with my XBOX 360 after resetting my modem. I am not so much familiar with this 360, In fact, this is my first and new hardware as a console from Microsoft. 
I rate myself 3/5 for computer/network related issues. I tried my best to resolve this issue. I am getting an error "CAN’T CONNECT TO INTERNET". All this happened after resetting my Cable modem(My isp is Acanac). 
I contacted the support of ISP and they corrected the issues with my Modem and I am able to use the internet over my phone and home PC.
Now I am unable to connect my console(I configured everything as per the troubleshooting guide for this error ) 
I think something went wrong with my cable modem, this one is an ISP configured  Cable Modem. 
It will be a great help for me If I get a quick fix for this issue. I already spend many hours sitting and configuring this console and modem for resolving this issues. 
~Regards
GH
Women and tigers are exactly alike. They have the same temperament, emotions, and vulnerabilities. They must be spoken to softly — but it doesn’t hurt to carry a big stick just in case.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: CAN’T CONNECT TO INTERNET~Xbox error

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:35 pm

If other machines can connect to the internet I doubt it's the modem. Does your ISP give you an all-in-one Wi-Fi router + modem? Are you trying to connect the Xbox over Ethernet or Wi-Fi? If it's over Wi-Fi can you run an Ethernet cable to test it out? And also verify the network settings in the Settings area on the Xbox.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

gamaray
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Re: CAN’T CONNECT TO INTERNET~Xbox error

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:22 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
If other machines can connect to the internet I doubt it's the modem. Does your ISP give you an all-in-one Wi-Fi router + modem? Are you trying to connect the Xbox over Ethernet or Wi-Fi? If it's over Wi-Fi can you run an Ethernet cable to test it out? And also verify the network settings in the Settings area on the Xbox.

Yes, I am able to connect my PC and phone and can browse the internet and watch movies.

I doubt something went wrong with port forwarding. This one is a cable modem from Acanac https://www.acanac.com/hardware/huawei-mt130u/  and the technician advised me to use Ethernet to avoid wifi interference and I am using a CAT5 ethernet cable.
Women and tigers are exactly alike. They have the same temperament, emotions, and vulnerabilities. They must be spoken to softly — but it doesn’t hurt to carry a big stick just in case.