Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

LostCat
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Andromeda

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Ahh, there we are. Didn't see it when I checked earlier. Very possibly should've added Shacknews to my feedreader already.

I still haven't seen any of these visual glitches people keep talking about.
Meow.

LostCat

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:36 pm

I somehow just ended up with a rare shotgun in MP that is worse than the common shotgun they give you right away, so there is that. o.O
Meow.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:04 pm

This Thursday, we’ll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we’ve heard you ask for, such as:

Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
Increasing the inventory limits
Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
Improving localized voice over lip sync
Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

More options and variety in the character creator
Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we’re looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.

For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we’re going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We’ll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:05 pm

This Thursday's Specific patch notes:

Patch 1.05 Notes

Improved tutorial placement

Increased inventory limits

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)

Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern

Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Looking good, but seriously who needs more decryption keys?

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Airmantharp wrote:
People who really can't handle Remnant Sudoku?
· R7-5800X, Liquid Freezer II 280, RoG Strix X570-E, 64GiB PC4-28800, Suprim Liquid RTX4090, 2TB SX8200Pro +4TB S860 +NAS, Define 7 Compact, Super Flower SF-1000F14TP, S3220DGF +32UD99, FC900R OE, DeathAdder2

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:12 pm

JustAnEngineer wrote:
Airmantharp wrote:
People who really can't handle Remnant Sudoku?

I mean, I've never really done real Sudoku- and I only used two keys throughout the game. I actually had to leave them in containers/on bodies when I found them on occasion...

Shobai
Gerbil First Class

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:24 am

Various places are reporting the game's been cracked, in under 10 days. Not quite as quick as RE7's 5, but still.

LostCat

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:39 am

Shobai wrote:
Various places are reporting the game's been cracked, in under 10 days. Not quite as quick as RE7's 5, but still.

Considering rule 1 of the forum, I don't think we can really talk about that...so why even mention it?
Meow.

Anovoca
Gerbil XP

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:28 am

Just finished my first playthrough. Overall a very positive impression of the game. They played it very safe and held to the ME1 formula for storytelling and I have high hopes that we will see them make the next installment follow in the narrative footsteps of ME2. I think I ended the game with about 85% completion, though if the game didn't bug out on some of the crafting quests I would be closer to the 100% mark. There are 2-3 minor tasks left on Eos that sound mind-numbingly drab, that I have 0 intent on doing any time soon; at least not until the fix the completion bug and I can actually get a 100% achievement for the effort.

As a stand alone game I rate this a B+ and as the prologue to a new series I give it an A- with high optimism for the next installments. A lot of the weight of this game will be in seeing just how much difference the narrative choices made will effect the game play on the next installment, something most people agree was a bit lacking in the first ME series.

I think my biggest criticism for the game was pace. The last 3 hours of the game were miles better than the rest of the game as a whole, and part of that was that they crammed too many of the quests into too few maps. I would have like to spend less time doing circles around a planet in order to complete 1 side-quest yet picking up 3 more in the process, and more time exploring the actual galaxy. I had high hopes after the intro sequence that this game would have a very star trek exploration and science discovery feel to it but in the end I probably spend 90% of the game on one of three planets. Part of the problem was that to interwove most of the primary stories lines together. Go find an ark, also advance the kett story, also discover remnant secrets. Rinse repeat once on every planet They should have done more to separate these stories so that there was more significance felt by the 12 hours spent on each world. As it was, I spent 1 hour per planet advancing the actual primary objective, and the rest of the time cleaning up my task log.

Additional thought: the Viability system felt woefully insignificant to the story narrative. It felt like a forced carryover from the me3 readiness system with significantly less imperative around it to care. Their should have been a much higher risk/reward system built along viability. I plan on my next playthrough to do as little as possible just to see if it even impacts the ending. I have a feeling it won't.
Dying doesn't make this world dead to us
Breathing doesn't keep the flame alive in us
Dreaming doesn't make time less real for us
One life, one chance, all ephemeral

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:39 am

Patch is live. OMG what QOL and VO improvments!

The eyes they aren't dead!

Suvi: "Ryder"

Ryder: "How ya doin'" "How bout we go back to my place for some Netflix and .........."
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Arvald
Gerbil Elite

Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:23 pm

I'm pretty much done the viability part of the game - 4 worlds at 100%. Vaults were fun, puzzles need to be better rather than just the same 1-4 lights puzzle over and over.
Same comments... to much bouncing around. Only having a singular quest tracker sucks, let us track up to 3 with different colour markers!
I hated finishing one quest to find out that I have another 2 following almost the same path (I now use the map a lot to search for untracked objectives)

Patch made the game look much nicer... more of what I'd expect in a day 0 patch not several weeks in.

I'm working through the loyalty quests now before hunting the archon.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Once you get past level 50, what are you supposed to be spending skill points on? My character has achieved rank 6 Lethal Infiltrator. My companions have all of their skills maxed out. What now?
· R7-5800X, Liquid Freezer II 280, RoG Strix X570-E, 64GiB PC4-28800, Suprim Liquid RTX4090, 2TB SX8200Pro +4TB S860 +NAS, Define 7 Compact, Super Flower SF-1000F14TP, S3220DGF +32UD99, FC900R OE, DeathAdder2

Airmantharp
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:47 am

JustAnEngineer wrote:
Once you get past level 50, what are you supposed to be spending skill points on? My character has achieved rank 6 Lethal Infiltrator. My companions have all of their skills maxed out. What now?

A total sum of nothing, for now.

I'm on my second playthrough using NG+ (carry over levels and stuff), just hit 83, and haven't bothered spending a point in anything in five levels (and only spent so that I could get the top level in all three disciplines, I don't actually use any of that stuff).

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:56 am

Same. I'm full biotic. Maxed all weapons. But I think the gist is so you can build out different builds like dadRyder had the start. So now I have a full Biotic build, a Full Tech build, and A Full Infiltrator build.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:03 pm

I finally had time to do the final meridian mission tonight after not playing all week. 99% progression with 24,589 viability points is as far as I can get. My character reached level 76 after 120 hours of game play. I will not complete these four tasks:
Earn your Badge - bugged. Andraknor has no dialogue when I talk to him.
Nomad Shield Crafting - bugged. I purchased this upgrade before I was assigned the quest to craft it.
Roekaar Manifestos - I swear that I've read all of them, but the task remains incomplete.
Remnant Data Cores - I found only 6 of 9. I didn't explore the second or third vaults thoroughly.

southrncomfortjm
Gerbil Elite

Fri May 12, 2017 10:36 am

JustAnEngineer wrote:
I finally had time to do the final meridian mission tonight after not playing all week. 99% progression with 24,589 viability points is as far as I can get. My character reached level 76 after 120 hours of game play. I will not complete these four tasks:
Earn your Badge - bugged. Andraknor has no dialogue when I talk to him.
Nomad Shield Crafting - bugged. I purchased this upgrade before I was assigned the quest to craft it.
Roekaar Manifestos - I swear that I've read all of them, but the task remains incomplete.
Remnant Data Cores - I found only 6 of 9. I didn't explore the second or third vaults thoroughly.

I finished the game last night. I was only level 59, and only had about 85 single player hours logged. I had several side quests that wouldn't advance or complete too, so I left those on the table.

For anyone wondering, the last couple of story missions are suitably epic (IMO at least) and much more in line with the feeling of ME2 rather than ME3 (revised or not).

I'm conflicted about a New Game+ playthrough. The parts I enjoyed (main story, loyalty missions, some side missions) I want to experience again. I do not want to deal with all the little fetch quests that take you to 4 different planets for 5 minutes each and have zero payoff other than exp. Utterly lame game design - devs, please value my time a bit more and mercilessly cut content that isn't fun. I want to go through again and be less professional/logical and be more playful or emotional (whatever the left side options are). I also want to screw over the Krogans and be a generally bad decision maker. Oh and I want to romance Suvi as a femRyder.
Gaming: i5-3570k/Z77/212 Evo/Corsair 500R/16GB 1600 CL8/RX 480 8GB/840 250gb, EVO 500gb, SG 3tb/Tachyon 650w/Win10