Personal computing discussed

Moderator: Hoser

LostCat
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Anyone in on Nier or Wildlands?

Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:43 pm

I'll probably pick them up eventually, but right now I'm just waiting for my new PC build and Andromeda before making any decisions there.
"USB 3.1 Gen 1 SSD" facepalm.

Voldenuit
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Anyone in on Nier or Wildlands?

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Pre-ordered Nier, Wildlands seems too douche-bro for my tastes.
Wind, Sand and Stars.

LostCat
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Shrug. I'm not really excited by Ubisoft open world games anymore but it sounded pretty solid if you've got a coop partner, otherwise why bother.

Nier sounds fun thematically but less impressive gameplay wise. I still intend to pick it up, but for now I'll just be enjoying games I already have on my new proc. :)

I.S.T.
Gerbil XP

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:27 pm

I'm interested in Nier, but the way the female lead is handled makes me very uncomfortable. =\ Dunno if I'll ever pick that up because of it.

Vhalidictes
Gerbil Elite

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:35 pm

I.S.T. wrote:
I'm interested in Nier, but the way the female lead is handled makes me very uncomfortable. =\ Dunno if I'll ever pick that up because of it.

Which character do you mean?
I'm unique, just like everyone else!

LostCat
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:38 pm

I haven't really read much about that. A friend I generally agree with likes it and I like open world, so that's pretty much all I needed.

That said, I'm not sure I need to pick it up right away.

I.S.T.
Gerbil XP

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Vhalidictes wrote:
I.S.T. wrote:

Robot McButtA**, also known as YoRHa No. 2 Model B. The one you see gifs and fanart everywhere of. It just... really, really bugs me when it's taken to that much fo a degree. Lara Croft never bugged me this much.

For the record, I'm a lady type person, so I have a different perspective on this than many people here.

Edit: I've seen gameplay footage and it seems fun, plus I've been interested in Nier for years(I udnerstand that it's not a direct sequel, just takes place well into the future after one of the endings' ramifications and etc). It just...

Voldenuit
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 pm

I.S.T. wrote:
Vhalidictes wrote:
I.S.T. wrote:

Robot McButtA**, also known as YoRHa No. 2 Model B. The one you see gifs and fanart everywhere of. It just... really, really bugs me when it's taken to that much fo a degree. Lara Croft never bugged me this much.

For the record, I'm a lady type person, so I have a different perspective on this than many people here.

Edit: I've seen gameplay footage and it seems fun, plus I've been interested in Nier for years(I udnerstand that it's not a direct sequel, just takes place well into the future after one of the endings' ramifications and etc). It just...

Well, at some point you play as a cursor, so that segment won't be overly sexualized (although Rule34 has proven me wrong before). Can totally understand if it makes you feel uncomfortable, though.
Wind, Sand and Stars.

LostCat
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm

I.S.T. wrote:
The one you see gifs and fanart everywhere of.

Heh can't say I've seen any of it. I've seen plenty of Overwatch stuff despite not even looking, but I don't go out of my way to find fanart I guess.

Vhalidictes
Gerbil Elite

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:23 pm

I.S.T. wrote:

Fanart isn't really related to the developer, though. If that's an issue I recommend staying away from any Blizzard games, for sure!

I.S.T.
Gerbil XP

Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Vhalidictes wrote:
I.S.T. wrote:

Fanart isn't really related to the developer, though. If that's an issue I recommend staying away from any Blizzard games, for sure!

Well, yes. I was just referencing the fan art because it's everywhere I go and figured it might be more recognizable that way. Fanart is fanart, I'm bothered by the game's depiction of her.

I.S.T.
Gerbil XP

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:44 am

Y'all know how many games include like... bits of the game in a video before the start screen? Nier apparently does this and it has insanely massive spoilers for the game. Skip that crap as soon as possible and get to the title screen!

LostCat
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:02 pm

I've decided to focus on Andromeda and Dead Rising 3 (never finished it but getting there) and 4 (planned to play once I finished 3) for the moment :)

It's not like I ever get anything done as is, don't really need to exacerbate the problem...in the middle of a bunch of other stuff too.

fhohj
Gerbil Team Leader

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 am

Nier looked interesting I was really keen on it. Once the reviews had come out and said there was nothing wrong with it I went for it but then found out about it shipping with Denuvo. Hopefully they'll remove it evenutally. Otherwise eh

As for Andromeda, Andromeda requires Origin. pass

Vhalidictes
Gerbil Elite

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:38 am

fhohj wrote:
Nier looked interesting I was really keen on it. Once the reviews had come out and said there was nothing wrong with it I went for it but then found out about it shipping with Denuvo. Hopefully they'll remove it evenutally. Otherwise eh

As for Andromeda, Andromeda requires Origin. pass

Good news is that from the reviews Andromeda is eminently passable.