Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Vhalidictes
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Guild Wars 2 performance

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:37 am

Sorry I can't be more help, Vinceant, but I don't see anything else to try. I'd load up the game myself, but I haven't ever played GW, as you can probably tell from my current location.

LostCat
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Vinceant wrote:
DX11/12 would make this game run really well though, on most computers.

They said the graphics code was a very tiny amount of the engines overall problem. I don't know if I believe that unless they legitimately have no engine programmers working on the game at all...which given what I've seen of the patch notes actually seems entirely possible.

At any rate, they have a lot of overseas support so I'd suspect Vulkan support if anything. Just, probably not this year. And frankly I don't expect to see it next year either. Maybe Guild Wars 3.
Meow.

synthtel2
Gerbil Elite

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:22 pm

LostCat wrote:
They said the graphics code was a very tiny amount of the engines overall problem.

I believe it. It sounds like most people have their framerate issues in PvP, which is hardly a graphics load. Most good machines maxing out at 80-ish fps hints that that may be a limiter due to physics integrity or some such (think of the Skyrim bugs when you disable vsync), not CPU render load.

Framerate problems linked to shadows or PCIe bandwidth could likely be helped via newer APIs, but depending on their architecture it may well be even more work than usual, and most people's performance problems don't seem to be primarily related to that.

Vinceant
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Only other thing I can think to try at this point is to swap cards with the 780 my friend has for a day or so and see if that changes things. It would be nice to know if it's something the game doesn't like about my card, or my processor.
Vae victus.

john-tomson
Gerbil In Training

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:27 am

I also returned to the game after a long break. I did not pay attention to this problem. The game runs smoothly and that's all I need. does anyone still have this problem?