Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Convert
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Topic Author

Destiny 2 bans further explained

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Came across an update on the story the other day and thought gerbils should know. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame ... t=J9Q90DFS

Here's a copy of Bungies response:

I want to add some more context here. We don’t ban for having a debugger like Visual Studio running in the background, nor do we ban for having a kernel debugger enabled. You are fine as long as you do not attempt to debug Destiny 2 while it is running, which will result in a ban. If you don’t know what any of that means, don’t worry, you’re fine. Players are also being banned for repeatedly running cheat tools while playing Destiny 2. We do not differentiate between cheat tools for Destiny and cheat tools for other games because it would be easy to make a cheat tool that pretends to be a cheat tool for another game.
Make sure you turn all cheat tools off before running Destiny 2 and you won’t have to worry about being banned for that.
No one is being banned for third-party applications that try to inject overlays like Discord, XSplit, OBS, RTSS, Shadowplay, etc.

Should you end up using a cheat program for an offline game, be prepared to pay the price when you log in to Destiny 2. This also means a lot of people pointing the finger at overlays were using that as a smokescreen.

I know a couple people who write game guides and others that do reviews, they have all used cheat programs for the offline components to help with their job. Usually for simple tasks like getting back to a particular spot to explore it more or something like that. Depends on the game of course and some of it also depends on how the game save system works, but to them they can be tools to make their job easier and not replay a whole game over again the hard way to make different story changing decisions. Bungie's approach that any cheat = ban certainly changes the precedence that has been set so far.
Tachyonic Karma: Future decisions traveling backwards in time to smite you now.

the_grinch
Gerbil

Re: Destiny 2 bans further explained

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Do you think I'll get banned for trying to use the "itisagooddaytodie" cheat?

Juuust kiddin. Thanks for the info!

LostCat
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Destiny 2 bans further explained

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:53 am

Convert wrote:
Should you end up using a cheat program for an offline game, be prepared to pay the price when you log in to Destiny 2. This also means a lot of people pointing the finger at overlays were using that as a smokescreen.

What disappointed me was all the bandwagon jumping over things that should've been blindingly obvious.

Getting banned for using common tools on most gaming machines? Yeah I don't think so.
Meow.