Personal computing discussed

Moderator: Hoser

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

E3 2019

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:44 am

We obviously have some bigger threads for games like Cyberpunk 2077, but I thought we could use one for chatter on other E3 goings on. You know, since drfish punted on shortbread news :wink:

I've never played the Zombie Army games from Rebellion, but I also hadn't experienced Sniper Elite 4. So Zombie Army 4: Dead War caught my attention this time around, and it looks like it is borrowing plenty from the Sniper Elite games (which is a good thing) while adding more zombies and coop. Looks fun to me.

On the other end of the spectrum, we got a gameplay-free revel of Marvel's Avengers...woah this looks bad. Someone said it looks like they gave the MCU stunt doubles a game, and that seems accurate. These guys don't quite look like the "real" Avengers, and they don't sound like them AT ALL, making me wonder why they didn't just stylize the darn thing. Add more color and some wonky proportions and my interest would immediately triple.

And finally, while we're still looking for a release date for The Master Chief Collection on PC, we do have pricing for anyone wanting to pick the games up separately. Tl;dr: $10 for each game except ODST ($5). That works out to $55 for everything, so maybe the full set will be $50? Either way, that ain't that bad for a fun rerun through the series, IMO, and they will be available via the PC version of Game Pass.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. Tis a silly place.

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Re: E3 2019

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:31 am

Flight Simulator is by far the one I'm looking forward tot he most. I can't wait.

The Avengers looks pretty rough. The description of the stunt doubles is pretty right. Without the voice, this is going to fail. They should have stuck with the SHIELD storyline.

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Nintendo had a lot going on at their E3 today. The highlight for most is probably the announcement that a Breath of the Wild sequel is "in development", but I think it should be the trolling surrounding this Smash character reveal.

Beyond that, we got a release date for the Link's Awakening remake, Witcher 3 confirmed for Switch, a new Animal Crossing, and much more. Just a big batch of games, which is the best get from a viewer/player's perspective.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. Tis a silly place.

SecretMaster
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Microsoft has been remastering the Age of Empires series, and the trailer for AoE2 "Definitive Edition" got released. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/age-of ... ve-edition I'm stoked - the art is extremely faithful to the original game. New campaigns + civs (includes all the newer ones from the HD release) means I'm going to go deep down the rabbit hole with this one. Also AoE4 is in development, and we may finally hear some news about it later this year.

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 pm

To be honest I don’t see what they could add beyond what age of empires 2 HD did. I still play that. If they would add multi monitor support, that would be amazing

SecretMaster
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:02 pm

I don't mind spending $15 ($20 if you don't own the HD version) just for the improved audio and visual aspects. Plus there will be Definitive Edition specific civs and a new campaign. Hopefully there will be some under the hood improvements as well. To me the price is commensurate with the whats being done.