Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Chuckaluphagus
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Homeworld 3 is funding right now

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:36 am

Gearbox and Blackbird (they made the recent prequel of Deserts of Kharak) are currently running a campaign for Homeworld 3 on Fig. They were only asking for $1 - the description says it was going to be made anyway, the campaign appears to be more about getting the word out (and extra preorders never hurt, I'm sure).

I'm pleased about this. Homeworld is one of the only RTS games I've ever been good at, and I love the gameplay, the proper 3-dimensionality, the music, the aesthetic. I've been listening to the soundtrack to the first game for 20 years now. Gearbox and Blackbird made some gameplay choices I didn't care for when they did the remastered edition of 1, but they responded to feedback and made good improvements after release. Fingers crossed that this turns out as well.

Krogoth
Emperor Gerbilius I

Re: Homeworld 3 is funding right now

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:04 am

I'm willing to bet that T-Mat are going to be the big bad in this one. I'm also willing to wager that Progenitors end-up coming from the Milky Way Galaxy and the original homeworld is Earth...... The long jumpers are designed for intergalactic travel.
Gigabyte X670 AORUS-ELITE AX, Raphael 7950X, 2x16GiB of G.Skill TRIDENT DDR5-5600, Sapphire RX 6900XT, Seasonic GX-850 and Fractal Define 7 (W)
Ivy Bridge 3570K, 2x4GiB of G.Skill RIPSAW DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Corsair CX-750M V2, and PC-7B