Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Oliverx98
Gerbil In Training

Re: World Of Warcraft

Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:51 am

My account has also been deleted. I don't feel like starting over. I am thinking about buying an account. What do you think about it?

Last edited by Oliverx98 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:18 am

Waco wrote:
My account is deleted. I almost resubbed to play Classic but I can't in good conscience with what Blizzard did this week.
How is your account deleted, By your own hand?

If I was to try the new classic server. I suppose we must start completely over? Or could we use our existing alts but starting from basic gear/posessions?
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:43 pm

Mr Bill wrote:
Waco wrote:
My account is deleted. I almost resubbed to play Classic but I can't in good conscience with what Blizzard did this week.
How is your account deleted, By your own hand?

If I was to try the new classic server. I suppose we must start completely over? Or could we use our existing alts but starting from basic gear/posessions?

I requested it after their China ****. Lots of money out the door with that decision.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:11 pm

Well my playstyle has completely changed in BFA, I have now went completely casual. Now I just play the AH, farm old raids for transmog, and do achievements for fun. I have a lot less stress now and if I dont feel like playing I dont log on, plus I am taking it easy before shadowlands comes out so I am not burned out going into that.

My guild finally died this exp, after tons of struggle for 1st and second raids, guild finally blew up and died. Mostly due to a lot of mismanagement of the guild leadership and a lot of very poor choices they made. We went from an AOTC heroic guild to barely stepping into heroic in BFA, in spite of most of the officers being convinced they were mythic raiders being held back by the baddies in our guild. I have been in this guild since back in BC and was friends with the GM, and once these friends of a couple officers showed up in legion, things went quickly downhill. They quickly got themselves promoted to officer due to being friends of officers , and started changing things. First thing they changed was gearing all tanks and healers before dps, which worked out well as that was what most of them played. Then to top that off they started giving loot to alts over mains as they were tank and healer alts that needed to be geared first just in case. Then the icing on the cake was the alts getting this loot a lot of times was giving it to their dps player freiends instead.

Around this time I was struggling on my rogue due to lack of tier set and gear due to all this going on, plus with both tanks using leather and most of the healers also I was way down on getting any gear. Plus I got completely screwed on legendaries, and got 3 of the worst ones for my class, but I did finally get the best one 3 days before they massively nerfed it. I ended up getting sat for most of nighthold at the time due to being pissed off the guild demanded I change specs from outlaw to assassination, something never done in the guild to that day and never again after that. I had played combat on my toon since vanilla and was very good at playing it, but they ssaid I wouldnt raid again until I changed which I found completely unreasonable esp since I was already undergeared due to their policies. They had never forced anyone to change specs before in the guild, no matter how poor performing they were in the past, and I had helped carry plenty of terrible people in raids before up to this point.

So I ended up being sat, later on I heard from a few friends in the raid all the things being said about how I was a terrible player and loot greedy and how I was good I wasnt raiding anymore and holding them back. Some of this was from people I thought were my "friends" along with my GM that I had been friends with for over 10 years at this point. This went on for over a month, but only in raids, never to my face and it pushed me to the boiling point. I decided to gquit and quit the game for good, I did gquit the guild on my main and all my alts, but wasnt able to follow through and delete all my toons so I would quit for good. I decided some time away from the game was a good thing to do as I wasnt in a great place at that point and needed to chill out.

I took a month off from the game and played other games and relaxed away from the stress of all the crap I had been going through. Sadly I really missed raiding so I decided to go back to the game and look for another guild. Sadly I play on a backwater server, and the couple of other guilds there were full up on rogues and didnt need any more. So I talked to one of my last friends in my old guild and he convinced me to come back as they were extremely shorthanded and needed dps due to several people leaving after they got geared to a server transfer. I really wanted to raid and there was no other way to do so besides a server transfer I didnt want to do, so I ended up crawling back to my old guild. Well my GM let em come back on a few conditions, I had to change spec to assasination, and I could never be an officer again, just be a basic raider. I didnt really care at that point and just wanted to raid so I did so.

The rest of legion went by and I was still always undergeared but I got to raid and really didnt care much, once we got AOTC on the last boss a chnuk of the raid stopped showing up, but enough still did at least to gear alts to keep going for a while. And so legion ended and most of the raiders disappered until BFA launched.

Once BFA launched things changed a lot, with the master loot to personal loot change, the elitists could no longer give all the loot to themselves anymore and things got bad really quickly. We struggled on normal bosses we used to breeze through to heroic on, and with the new heavy mechanics on raid bosses from the get go, a lot of our raiders couldnt do it. We actually had to stop trying to do the last few bosses on normal and clear the first few bosses on heroic to get enough gear to down the last few on normal as people couldnt handle the mechanics and died a lot. We actually had to save our Brez for a healer who couldnt avoid mechanics on the second to last boss and if any other tank or healer died it was a wipe. This was the first raid tier we didnt get AOTC on as a guild, although a few of the elitists paid to get carried to it on their own.

Next raid tier was the reckoning for the guild, that was the end for our guild. We got stuck on the second boss in normal for weeks due to people not able to do mechanics. once we finally got past that we got stuck on each boss after that for several weeks each up to the final boss that they saved for weeks not being able to do it. We finally got it down with some high level puggers that helped us get it down with enough dps. We had tried to go into heroic multiple times but wiped on the first boss for months before getting enough gear to get it down. We got stuck at each boss in heroic due to bad everything, but finally got stuck on oppulence for a long time due to all the coordination it needed with 2 groups. we did finally get it down but got stuck bad in conclave and never got past it. People stopped showing up to wipe on conclave for hours and they couldnt gear their alts easily even in normal so the guild basically died right there.

So now here I sit in my mostly dead guild that doesnt really care about me being full casual. I am okay with that now, I dont feel the buring need to raid anymore, and have more fun doing my own stuff now. Things may change in the new expansion, but I will be suprised if the guild comes back, I dont think it will.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:43 pm

I may put up more stories if I feel like it, as I saw a lot of things over the years I was in this guild. I dont know if it will be legendary green washcloth class, but they may be a good read.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:14 pm

HowardDrake, then, instead of TRAJ?
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:09 am

Captain Ned wrote:
HowardDrake, then, instead of TRAJ?

towel?

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Damn ned, I just had a vision on howard drake and TRAJ sitting in a tub together passing a green washcloth back and forth...... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:06 am

That'll need at least one handle of good Scotch to erase.

just brew it!
Administrator

Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:21 am

Aren't "good Scotch" and "handle" mutually exclusive? :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:51 am

Chivas. Dewars. Famous Grouse.

If you're feeling spendy, there's even a handle of Glenlivet.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:20 pm

Shameful self-promotion: WoW runs really well on integrated graphics, and I have the frame time charts to prove it: https://hothardware.com/news/world-of-w ... tiger-lake
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

francisbaud
Gerbil In Training

Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:21 pm

World of Warcraft is so addicting... I'm happy I've decided to quit about two months after I started playing. Some opinions on debate.org about WoW addictability https://www.debate.org/opinions/is-worl ... f-all-time