- Go to your steam folder (usually C:\Program Files\Steam\)
- Find the the subfolder of the game you want. (eg. Steam/SteamApps/<username>/counter-strike source/cstrike)
- Find the "cfg" folder. Alternatively, search for .cfg files and try to locate either config.cfg or autoexec.cfg and go to the folder that cointains them.
- Once you find the correct folder, find autoexec.cfg or create one if it's not present and open it in a text editor (can be Notepad)
- Add the following line to your autoexec.cfg: "cl_downloadfilter nosounds" (without the quotation marks)
- Go back to the root folder of the game you want (eg. Steam/SteamApps/<username>/counter-strike source/cstrike) and find a folder called "sounds". In this folder you'll find all the retarded sh1t that has already been downloaded. Delete everything in there.
There. Now no more retarded Quake and Unreal sounds, from some a-hole admin, in your game.