Now the team that created the mod is its own company and are creating Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. Ostfront means "East front" where this game takes place and battles are fought between Nazis and Bolsheviks.
Some of its features:
- No crosshairs
- 3d ironsights
- bullet drop
- ballistics-based damage, so damage is based on:
- bullet mass
- bullet velocity on the moment of impact
- artillery system with radios and spotters
- realistic vehicles with armor penetration and modeled internal components
- magazines (keeps track of the number of bullets in each magazine when you switch them)
- manual bolting for the bolt-action rifles
- limited weapon classes
- propping your weapons on ledges and objects
- revolutionary movement system including crouched sprinting, standing sprinting, diving,
Supposedly, this game runs better than the mod, so it will be easily hardware accessible to almost anyone.
It is due to be released in early March. It is going to be released on Steam and in stores.
Gameplay teaser, high quality WMV
Gameplay teaser, low quality WMV
Red Orchestra @ Steampowered forums there's already some chatter here.
It is available NOW to pre-order on Steam for $24.95 and there's a 10% dicount, which makes it $22.45