Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

pikaporeon
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:00 am

My Main, Jigglypuff, got nerfed incredibly by changes.

And to the above that said no gameplay mechanics have changed, how's that wavedashing going : )

I'm playing as Pikachu a lot, though Kirby is a fun switch, as is Pit and Meta Knight
Hey girl you want a bad boy? I overclock my backup servers.
Ryzen 7 2700X | RX 5700 XT | 32 GB RAM | BX100 500 GB+MX500 500GB+660P 1TB
Sempron 2650@1.45GHZ | 2 GB RAM | 6 TB | FreeBSD 12

SuperSpy
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:18 am

I got to play this yesterday at my family's easter get-together (yaay for all the "kids" being ages 11-24) and I had a blast (although I lost constantly, never having really played the older versions). I'm definately picking it up tonight.
Desktop: i7-4790K @4.8 GHz | 32 GB | EVGA Gefore 1060 | Windows 10 x64
Laptop: MacBook Pro 2017 2.9GHz | 16 GB | Radeon Pro 560

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:04 pm

Unfortunatly, the last few times I've had the cash to get it, something comes up last minute. So I still don't have it. But I'm still gonna try to get it before Mario Kart Wii hits.
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Got our Wii back today. Actually, Nintendo sent us a new Wii, as the serial number is different and all my Virtual Console stuff is gone, though they were able to transfer the settings, our Mii's, and our save games to the new console. So everything works awesome at least.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Topic Author

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:40 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
Got our Wii back today. Actually, Nintendo sent us a new Wii, as the serial number is different and all my Virtual Console stuff is gone, though they were able to transfer the settings, our Mii's, and our save games to the new console. So everything works awesome at least.
And why haven't you picked up Brawl yet? I don't want to hear excuses from you young man. You go to the store and you buy it now, mister! And post your console and friend codes.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:31 pm

Brawl is why Nintendo got the Wii in the first place - I had the whole "can't read dual-layer discs" problem. I haven't posted a friend code yet, though I will look it up next time I play (wife is watching Ace of Cakes right now though). Doesn't matter; since it's a new console, I"m sure I'll get a new friend code anyway.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

SNM
Emperor Gerbilius I

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:47 am

derFunkenstein wrote:

Do you get to download the Virtual Console stuff again for free, or...?
Core i7 920, 3x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 80GB X25-M, 1TB WD Caviar Black, MSI X58 Pro-E, Radeon 4890, Cooler Master iGreen 600, Antec P183, opticals

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:00 am

yeah, and they even transferred my account's login settings, so I could jsut go to the "titles I've already downloaded" and just grab them off of a list.

It screwed up my Mii's, though - the Everybody Votes channel and the Check Mii Out channel (I submit alot of Miis for the contests, it's kinda a fun diversion) both say part of the user's data is corrupt, and when I try to edit a Mii, it says "you can't edit a Mii you didn't create". So I'm probably going to have to blow my Mii away, but that's no big deal.

b3n113

Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:50 pm

I traded the game in after two weeks of use. And I'd complain about it, but Yahtzee does that so much better than I.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... Bros-Brawl

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:31 pm

b3n113 wrote:
I traded the game in after two weeks of use. And I'd complain about it, but Yahtzee does that so much better than I.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... Bros-Brawl

You two aren't alone. I ended up selling it to my bro-in-law for $25 - he offered $5 above what Gamestop would give me in credit. He loves it, I prefer Melee.

b3n113

Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:29 pm

Another related Smash Brothers article that's pretty funny :)

Fan Service Face-Off
Mario Kart vs. Super Smash Bros.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3166769