Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

StuG
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Pirates of the Burning Sea

Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:28 pm

I am attracted to this game at first because it is pretty original, not many games take on the theme in which this one covers. But when i do my research, some people say "nay" when it comes to the final decision of weather or not to buy this game. I've heard that the "out of ship gameplay" sucks (but never heard any specifics), and that the population on the game was low (though have never seen any official number). Can i get any good gerbil opinions? Thanks!

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:32 am

I played in the open beta. The ship combat was pretty fun, but I agree, the land combat is quite repetative.

As for the population, I don't know. There were alot during the beta, as with most games. But I never picked up a retail copy, so I can't speak for current people playing.
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy

StuG
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:51 am

Now when you say repetative, do you mean like WOW repetative or like kill yourself repetative (if you find a difference between the two)

GokuSS2
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:57 am

I beta tested this game as well. The Ship combat was fun but the land combat was BORING.

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:34 pm

StuG wrote:
Now when you say repetative, do you mean like WOW repetative or like kill yourself repetative (if you find a difference between the two)

What I mean is, the only thing I EVER fought were pirate or navy NPCs that all look the same and fight the same. There were no other types of creatures to fight, and you could kill everyone with the same 3 attacks.
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy